Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Difference is those films probably have a consistent tone, pacing and editing. shyt thats important for a movie. It seems the performances in Suicide Squad are GREAT. However, because of the pacing/editing its just all over the place.

I don't know why they just didn't make a movie similar to Assault on Arkham. Seems like that would have been smaller and something much easier for Ayer to do. :mindblown:

Then you get the Joker to be the "villain" as well. :ehh:
This. WB has a problem with editing big time when it comes to DC movies for some reason.
I mean hell, we just found out they hired a trailer company to help with editing the film. :snoop:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I WILL agree to this... just remake Assault on Arkham would of been easy. But I am willing to bet it would of got shytted on REGARDLESS because it's DC.
Oh I don't think its as bad as they're saying. Probably deserves more of a 55 on RT.

Usually the sequel is the bigger movie and the director has a better handle on how to shoot it. They could have done something much smaller with the first one.

Unlike with BvS critics love the fun, characters and performance it just doesn't seem supported by proper moving making.

Getting more pissed they didn't do something similar to AoA. shyt would have been dope :wow:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Which is crazy to me over the hypocrisy. Marvel got HORRIBLE narratives, are KNOWN got forgettable villains and is filled with mediocre throughout and they all get a pass. Even their WORST films get a pass by the general critics. Age of Ultron was a TOTAL mess and it wasn't bashed this harshly. Civil War's story narrative is weak AF but just because people loved Black Panther, Spidey's cameo and the airport battle everything else is overlooked. Thor movies are some of the WORST... but critics still fair them with positivity. I'm not saying Marvel should be reviewed more harshly but to say DC films should be reviewed EQUALLY. If Suicide Squad is similar to Guardians of the Galaxy which had a weak predictable story, a forgettable villain and one of the WORST and silliest conclusions, but have enjoyable characters, an amazing soundtrack, and people can just turn their brains off of logic and just be entertained. Then the same should be considered for this. I'm with Jeremy Johns and Campea on this....just be entertained over the fucckery and not try to make sense of the shyt. It's not trying to strive for Oscar gold anyway.

Marvel is consistent though. They've also built a core audience and fan base which includes casual fans. When people go see a marvel flick they go with certain expectations.

DC hasn't earned that.

The problem with what DC is doing now is they're trying so hard to not be compared to Marvel that they've taken almost every element that makes the MCU great and do the exact opposite.

You say civil war was meh but the numbers don't lie. You say the Thor movies sucked but marvel has the luxury of keeping him out of civil war and adding hulk to Thor 3.

Marvel actually listens to fans. DC only cares about money.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Which is crazy to me over the hypocrisy. Marvel got HORRIBLE narratives, are KNOWN got forgettable villains and is filled with mediocre throughout and they all get a pass. Even their WORST films get a pass by the general critics. Age of Ultron was a TOTAL mess and it wasn't bashed this harshly. Civil War's story narrative is weak AF but just because people loved Black Panther, Spidey's cameo and the airport battle everything else is overlooked. Thor movies are some of the WORST... but critics still fair them with positivity. I'm not saying Marvel should be reviewed more harshly but to say DC films should be reviewed EQUALLY. If Suicide Squad is similar to Guardians of the Galaxy which had a weak predictable story, a forgettable villain and one of the WORST and silliest conclusions, but have enjoyable characters, an amazing soundtrack, and people can just turn their brains off of logic and just be entertained. Then the same should be considered for this. I'm with Jeremy Johns and Campea on this....just be entertained over the fucckery and not try to make sense of the shyt. It's not trying to strive for Oscar gold anyway.
You might have to catch the fade talking about Guardians like that breh

MIKE SPLEAN

Superstar
Daps
Never in my life gave a fukk about Rotten Tomatoes...

I don't even agree with the concept of a professional critic. Give a fukk about what some anal ass cac thinks, ain't no cac or anybody gonna tell me if I'm gonna enjoy a movie or not.
Same with music too fukk these critics

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Marvel is consistent though. They've also built a core audience and fan base which includes casual fans. When people go see a marvel flick they go with certain expectations.

DC hasn't earned that.

The problem with what DC is doing now is they're trying so hard to not be compared to Marvel that they've taken almost every element that makes the MCU great and do the exact opposite.

You say civil war was meh but the numbers don't lie. You say the Thor movies sucked but marvel has the luxury of keeping him out of civil war and adding hulk to Thor 3.

Marvel actually listens to fans. DC only cares about money.
Its THIS simple y'all

MIKE SPLEAN

Superstar
Daps
Best shyt written in this thread fr fr

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

Yeah, I could care less about critics hypocrisy to be honest.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
If nothing else the movie gave us this Margot Robbie
l1a8wLaS.jpg

:takedat:

Last edited:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No, I said Bats V Supes didn't have heart. I haven't seen this movie yet.

We're not speaking on BvS.... but I will agree to that and it was made a criticism for that film which is a valid one.

But regarding to this... It just feels like DC made a movie that is similar to the Marvel films and if it is something that legitimately misses its mark then fine, but if it is criticism for things they tend to get a pass by Marvel, then that's some BS. And from what's most of these reviews so far are saying... it is mainly things that tend to get a pass even if they were noted as flaws in Marvel.

But I haven't seen the film either... this could be easily Independence Day: Resurgence bad thou

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
The issue with the DCEU so far has been terrible direction...

BVS wasn't a bad movie, Snyder hacked the life out of it on the cutting room floor...

Looks like we have a similar situation here with SS...Im not sure if this is all on David Ayers but he did allow the marketing of his film to focus on a character who has a total of 10 minutes of screen time with no attachment to the plot...

He should of asked the studio, am I making a suicide squad movie or a 2 hour intro for the joker? Because it sure as fukk sounds like they went with latter...Instead of focussing on establishing the squad members, they cared more about getting the joker right in a movie he's only in for 10 minutes...

I haven't seen the movie yet, so ill wait ro cast my verdict when i do this weekend but this is exactly what all the reviewers whether they like it or hated it have said...

Daps
Reppin
NYC
You know what the secret ingredient in Marvel movies is? Going to sound corny but it's 'heart'. They make attempts to relate to the heroes on a human level and even try to pull at your heart strings about their situations. This is endearing to audiences/critics and makes them overlook things that they won't in wannabe cerebral fair with no heart like Bats V Supes.

pretty much this in a nutshell.

having a relatable character is important because they are essentially the viewer's tour guide through the movie. thor 1 wasn't great by any means but at the center of that movie, and all of the marvel movies, is a relatable human struggle that keeps it from being a total and complete bore.

in snyder's movies there's no tour guide and we get lost in all the dark, murky confusion. he's a not an exceptional director either, so that doesn't help.