Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

EnzoG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
HOUS-e-
Eventually all these flops will start to affect casting right? What actor is going to want to sign up for such huge critical failures?
thought about this yesterday what high ranking actor is going to want to touch a DC film if this keeps going on

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
It's hilarious to me that cats are tryna shut down RT cuz of these reviews. Like how you not care but care at the same time to make such rash decisions? :pachaha:

:wtf:

It's 130 minutes to be exact. So just a little above 2 hours.

It's thing I do with my friends. We go to the big comic book movies and we do what we called pre game inwhich we go to a bar and get wings and beer before the movie. It started with just 6 but it exploded with superman vs batman and I posted all the fun we have at the pre game so people wanna come along. Yea we come like a full squad and hold down the last rows of the movie house

LeMAO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Transformers is the "expendables" of cartoon/comic book movies.

2 of its first two stars ain't even with the franchise anymore. No big name actors that are relevant take roles in transformers.
so Mark Wahlberg is not a big star...:snoop:
Michael Bay is still making a lot of movies, even with crap ratings. his 13 hours movie was great action pack
say what u want about his films but he is a big money maker and great at action films. and that's what important

samtalksradio

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Belle Glade FL
Damn man:mjcry: SS is getting overall negative reviews, the other movies in the DCEU doesn't stand a chance critically. Now I do believe the critics are biased for Marvel so you know what that means? Any movie DC puts out will get killed by the critics. DC needs to just forget about this Cinematic Universe, hurry up with the Batman Solo movie, and forget the rest. reboot all the characters, give them their own stand alone solo movies, keep Affleck and Henry Cavill atleast and focus on their solo projects and forget about the rest the DCEU. it's been a disaster critically, it's okay for them to admit defeat. it's over, sad to say. shame I was really looking forward to DC's cinematic universe to work but sadly it's dead:to:. Marvel is king even though I think their movies are overrated, but I guess the rest of the world doesn't share my opinion. I usually don't believe everything I hear from critics son. but it's obvious their opinions hold more weight to others time to give it up DC. You're cinematic Universe is dead... bury it Consider this Mercy.

R.I.P DCEU DOA :rip:

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
The deal was Goyer had an idea for doing a "Superman Begins" movie and pitched it to Nolan. Nolan was with it but didn't want to direct because he was done with directing comic book movies, Superman wouldn't be his kind of movie to direct and he was already invested in doing Interstellar. So he hired Zack Snyder (which we can argued WB insisted ) to direct because he liked his visual style which Superman needs. Snyder and Goyer had the complete creative freedom to do whatever they want with only Nolan giving okay for things they asked for as advice. All the controversial stuff was strictly Goyer & Snyder (like the Zod neck snap and shyt). Originally they wasn't going to do a DCEU, it was just going to be Man of Steel 2, but because of its commercial success, WB got greedy and wanted to build off of THAT film. Goyer already had things written for Man of Steel 2, but had to scrap it because they wanted to change it to BvS and signed in Chris Terrio to rewrite it. So you had TWO films shoehorned into one just to push a connected universe. So if you mean by that as setting the tone, all I would have to say with BvS would of been FINE had they allowed Man of Steel 2 go as originally planned setting up for BvS.

But with all that said, all that had NOTHING to do with Ayers. Ayers was approached by Geoff Johns to do a Suicide Squad film and said he would have his OWN total creative freedom to it. So all the creations of the characters in Suicide Squad came from HIS vision and not Snyder's or anybody else's. The only true connection was mostly from the re-shoots after BvS was completed so in order to universe build. But that's mostly just Easter eggs no different from how those Marvel Netflix shows made a haphazard mention of there be some Easter egg of something from the bigger MCU. But from how things are looking, Suicide Squad isn't suffering due to being SHOEHORNED into a bigger DCEU but rather than it is a BAD STAND ALONE FILM. BvS may have most of its fault mainly due to trying to force its own universe all into one FILM... but that has little to do with Suicide Squad. That's Ayer's vision and the tone that HE wanted to set, not Synder's.

Snyder is an executive producer on Suicide Squad.

Yes this is all on Ayers, but WB is stirring this entire pot of films

I guess my thing is the executives at WB (along with Snyder) seem to be the culprits in the mess that these films are unfortunately turning into.

Regardless i'm going to see this movie; i love superheroes/villians / comic books and such and i'll judge for myself.

But its alarming that their next attempt in this cinematic universe is not being received warmly by critics. People have to understand I don't think these critics WANT to hate these films, but a bad movie is a bad movie regardless of it being filled with heroes and villains or not.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Yall saying its all Ayers but that article quoting "sources" is saying different :jbhmm:

claiming they got the people who did the second trailer, to come in and help change the tone.

and that this is a hodge podge of what ayer want and what studios wanted after BvS backlash.

which would fall in line with the critiques against the movie. :wow:

Still gonna see it tho, will be interesting to see if a better cut comes out later.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Snyder is an executive producer on Suicide Squad.

Yes this is all on Ayers, but WB is stirring this entire pot of films

I guess my thing is the executives at WB (along with Snyder) seem to be the culprits in the mess that these films are unfortunately turning into.

Regardless i'm going to see this movie; i love superheroes/villians / comic books and such and i'll judge for myself.

But its alarming that their next attempt in this cinematic universe is not being received warmly by critics. People have to understand I don't think these critics WANT to hate these films, but a bad movie is a bad movie regardless of it being filled with heroes and villains or not.

"Executive Producer" means shyt.... he isn't the director OR the screenwriter... that's Ayers. fukking Nolan was the Executive Producer for BvS.... so are you saying that it is Christopher Nolan had a hand with BvS when everybody knows he didn't?

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
:francis: Reading that THR article and I really hope this movie doesn't need to make $750-$800 million. I'm going to assume whoever said that was over exaggerating and it's more like $650 million.

If it is true than WB are stupid as fukk. :snoop:

Not only that, they really hired a trailer company to help with edits of the film?!?!:what:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:francis: Reading that THR article and I really hope this movie doesn't need to make $800 million. I'm going to assume whoever said that was over exaggerating and it's more like $650 million.

If it is true than WB are stupid as fukk. :snoop:

Not only that, they really hired a trailer company to help with edits of the film?!?!:what:

ALL studios higher trailer companies. That's not unusual.

EDIT... of you mean for editing the film ITSELF... yea, that's crazy.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
It's thing I do with my friends. We go to the big comic book movies and we do what we called pre game inwhich we go to a bar and get wings and beer before the movie. It started with just 6 but it exploded with superman vs batman and I posted all the fun we have at the pre game so people wanna come along. Yea we come like a full squad and hold down the last rows of the movie house
:dead:

LeMAO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
'Suicide Squad's' Secret Drama: Rushed Production, Competing Cuts, High Anxiety
suicide_squad_illo_by_jonathan_carlson.jpg

'Suicide Squad's' Secret Drama: Rushed Production, Competing Cuts, High Anxiety