Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Seems this is gonna be fun movie with a lot of flaws, but still worth a watch. I'm fine with that but stans are gonna go full retard like always :manny:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Seems this is gonna be fun movie with a lot of flaws, but still worth a watch. I'm fine with that but stans are gonna go full retard like always :manny:

Which is crazy to me over the hypocrisy. Marvel got HORRIBLE narratives, are KNOWN got forgettable villains and is filled with mediocre throughout and they all get a pass. Even their WORST films get a pass by the general critics. Age of Ultron was a TOTAL mess and it wasn't bashed this harshly. Civil War's story narrative is weak AF but just because people loved Black Panther, Spidey's cameo and the airport battle everything else is overlooked. Thor movies are some of the WORST... but critics still fair them with positivity. I'm not saying Marvel should be reviewed more harshly but to say DC films should be reviewed EQUALLY. If Suicide Squad is similar to Guardians of the Galaxy which had a weak predictable story, a forgettable villain and one of the WORST and silliest conclusions, but have enjoyable characters, an amazing soundtrack, and people can just turn their brains off of logic and just be entertained. Then the same should be considered for this. I'm with Jeremy Johns and Campea on this....just be entertained over the fucckery and not try to make sense of the shyt. It's not trying to strive for Oscar gold anyway.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Which is crazy to me over the hypocrisy. Marvel got HORRIBLE narratives, are KNOWN got forgettable villains and is filled with mediocre throughout and they all get a pass. Even their WORST films get a pass by the general critics. Age of Ultron was a TOTAL mess and it wasn't bashed this harshly. Civil War's story narrative is weak AF but just because people loved Black Panther, Spidey's cameo and the airport battle everything else is overlooked. Thor movies are some of the WORST... but critics still fair them with positivity. I'm not saying Marvel should be reviewed more harshly but to say DC films should be reviewed EQUALLY. If Suicide Squad is similar to Guardians of the Galaxy which had a weak predictable story, a forgettable villain and one of the WORST and silliest conclusions, but have enjoyable characters, an amazing soundtrack, and people can just turn their brains off of logic and just be entertained. Then the same should be considered for this. I'm with Jeremy Johns and Campea on this....just be entertained over the fucckery and not try to make sense of the shyt. It's not trying to strive for Oscar gold anyway.
You know what the secret ingredient in Marvel movies is? Going to sound corny but it's 'heart'. They make attempts to relate to the heroes on a human level and even try to pull at your heart strings about their situations. This is endearing to audiences/critics and makes them overlook things that they won't in wannabe cerebral fair with no heart like Bats V Supes.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Damn man:mjcry: SS is getting overall negative reviews, the other movies in the DCEU doesn't stand a chance critically. Now I do believe the critics are biased for Marvel so you know what that means? Any movie DC puts out will get killed by the critics. DC needs to just forget about this Cinematic Universe, hurry up with the Batman Solo movie, and forget the rest. reboot all the characters, give them their own stand alone solo movies, keep Affleck and Henry Cavill atleast and focus on their solo projects and forget about the rest the DCEU. it's been a disaster critically, it's okay for them to admit defeat. it's over, sad to say. shame I was really looking forward to DC's cinematic universe to work but sadly it's dead:to:. Marvel is king even though I think their movies are overrated, but I guess the rest of the world doesn't share my opinion. I usually don't believe everything I hear from critics son. but it's obvious their opinions hold more weight to others time to give it up DC. You're cinematic Universe is dead... bury it Consider this Mercy.

R.I.P DCEU DOA :rip:
Can we please have a moment of silence . . .

1280e_arrow401.jpg

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Difference is those films probably have a consistent tone, pacing and editing. shyt thats important for a movie. It seems the performances in Suicide Squad are GREAT. However, because of the pacing/editing its just all over the place.

I don't know why they just didn't make a movie similar to Assault on Arkham. Seems like that would have been smaller and something much easier for Ayer to do. :mindblown:

Then you get the Joker to be the "villain" as well. :ehh:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You know what the secret ingredient in Marvel movies is? Going to sound corny but it's 'heart'. They make attempts to relate to the heroes on a human level and even try to pull at your heart strings about their situations. This is endearing to audiences/critics and makes them overlook things that they won't in wannabe cerebral fair with no heart like Bats V Supes.

so you saying the problem with Suicide Squad is that it lacks "heart"? That's remains to be seen, but it's definition not the criticisms that been made so far.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Difference is those films probably have a consistent tone, pacing and editing. shyt thats important for a movie. It seems the performances in Suicide Squad are GREAT. However, because of the pacing/editing its just all over the place.

I don't know why they just didn't make a movie similar to Assault on Arkham. Seems like that would have been smaller and something much easier for Ayer to do. :mindblown:

Then you get the Joker to be the "villain" as well. :ehh:

I WILL agree to this... just remake Assault on Arkham would of been easy. But I am willing to bet it would of got shytted on REGARDLESS because it's DC.