Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Y'all let a man who despised comics set the standard for DC Comic Films :manny:

It was all good with the critics when they were riding The Dark Knight Trilogy :yeshrug:

If subsequent movies aint on par with them :manny:

Same thing happened to Byran Singer with Apocalypse earlier this year.
Yeah I been saying this for a long time now. The TDK trilogy was one of the best and worst things to happen for Warner Bros and the subsequent DC Cinematic Universe

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Breh they consciously made this movie to be more like Marvel. Also Justice League is basically looking like Age of Ultron

They seem like they're going in the direction of what the masses want which is don't take this shyt that seriously.

Which is why I stand by that if Nolan's trilogy was released now the Ratings would be 20 percent lower.

It's Warner's fault for waiting so long. They let Marvel/Disney create a standard.

Marvel has dropped like 13 movies so most casual fans are used to marvel movies.

I disagree about Nolans trilogy. Especially TDK. It stands on its own.

SS squad wasn't trying to be like marvel. They were responding to the backlash from BvS and MOS. Me personally I don't care about the tone so long as the story/script/acting is on point. The guy playing superman SUCKS. Zod carried him in MOS but was killed off. Marvel was smart enough not to kill off Loki.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Don't tell me DC fukked up the editing again.:francis:

I've already bought my ticket so hopefully this is just critics being :mjpls:
I'm gonna reserve judgement until I see it myself. What I will say about Stuckman is that he's really fair. He tries to review each movie based on what that movie is trying to be. But I'll probably find a way to check the movie this weekend.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
The issue with the DCEU so far has been terrible direction...

BVS wasn't a bad movie, Snyder hacked the life out of it on the cutting room floor...

Looks like we have a similar situation here with SS...Im not sure if this is all on David Ayers but he did allow the marketing of his film to focus on a character who has a total of 10 minutes of screen time with no attachment to the plot...

He should of asked the studio, am I making a suicide squad movie or a 2 hour intro for the joker? Because it sure as fukk sounds like they went with latter...Instead of focussing on establishing the squad members, they cared more about getting the joker right in a movie he's only in for 10 minutes...

I haven't seen the movie yet, so ill wait ro cast my verdict when i do this weekend but this is exactly what all the reviewers whether they like it or hated it have said...

Nolan got a pass because of his own rep following TDK & Inception. Again... it's a bias. Also that's the same year Avengers came out which got EVERYONE on Marvel's dicck to where mediocre to bad movies like IM3 got a pass. Critics dicckride what's popular more than the fans sometimes.

Yeah I been saying this for a long time now. The TDK trilogy was one of the best and worst things to happen for Warner Bros and the subsequent DC Cinematic Universe

Nolan gon drop a commercial like this in the future.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Marvel has dropped like 13 movies so most casual fans are used to marvel movies.

I disagree about Nolans trilogy. Especially TDK. It stands on its own.

SS squad wasn't trying to be like marvel. They were responding to the backlash from BvS and MOS. Me personally I don't care about the tone so long as the story/script/acting is on point. The guy playing superman SUCKS. Zod carried him in MOS but was killed off. Marvel was smart enough not to kill off Loki.
We'll see I guess :yeshrug:

If this movie makes 700M and the audience likes it better than BvS I would still count this as a win I guess. After Wonder Woman DC could have 2 straight hits with JL being the make or break :ehh:

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
Still seein this and wnt let others sway me, tho a somewhat general consensus on a movie is telling (i do see the biasness tho from people when comparing the two cbm companies). damn DCEU seems to be done and the suits at WB are mostly to blame with the tampering and lack of planning, cnt also ignore the directors and script writers. I just pray wonder woman is clutch cuz it looks nice af, if that fails then its a wrap. Can i get them free tickets on tmobile if I'm on verizon :mjpls:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

TDK trilogy was its own separate thing. Lets not ignore that Green Lantern DID NOT happen and DID NOT work.

The ONLY thing I will agree with is the fact that Goyer wanted to do Man of Steel and pitched it to Nolan which grabbed Snyder. And it is because of THAT success that WB got greedy and wanted to expand it to make its on cinematic universe. Maybe had NOLAN been more involved and hands on, it all would be consistent, but he washed his hands away from it completely because he was done with the comic book genre.

That said, DC NEVER should of caved, and that's my complaint with the Justice League trailer... it was blatant caving in. DC across the board ORIGINALLY wanted to be opposite of that of Marvel in which they wanted their comics, their animated films, and their motion pictures to be more serious and adult. I mean you can attest this is due to Nolan, but their comics been mature and adult well before that.

I WILL SAY THIS with this Nolan effect. It was a heavy impact and influence of the past decade to which even Marvel was influenced by with the 1st Iron Man and Incredible Hulk. Watching those films right now is like night & day.