Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
We're not speaking on BvS.... but I will agree to that and it was made a criticism for that film which is a valid one.

But regarding to this... It just feels like DC made a movie that is similar to the Marvel films and if it is something that legitimately misses its mark then fine, but if it is criticism for things they tend to get a pass by Marvel, then that's some BS. And from what's most of these reviews so far are saying... it is mainly things that tend to get a pass even if they were noted as flaws in Marvel.

But I haven't seen the film either... this could be easily Independence Day: Resurgence bad thou
It seems hmmm . . . yeah let's just wait until we see it before we claim there is a bias.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You might have to catch the fade talking about Guardians like that breh

I love Guardians of the Galaxy... mainly BECAUSE of the characters, the entertaining joy ride, and the soundtrack.... all that Suicide Squad supposedly possess. But you cannot say the story was all that great, the villain was all that, and it had the dumbest conclusion. But it didn't matter because it wasn't that kind of movie to take seriously. Just enjoy it.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Marvel is consistent though. They've also built a core audience and fan base which includes casual fans. When people go see a marvel flick they go with certain expectations.

DC hasn't earned that.

The problem with what DC is doing now is they're trying so hard to not be compared to Marvel that they've taken almost every element that makes the MCU great and do the exact opposite.

You say civil war was meh but the numbers don't lie. You say the Thor movies sucked but marvel has the luxury of keeping him out of civil war and adding hulk to Thor 3.

Marvel actually listens to fans. DC only cares about money.

This is my problem with the complaints from DC fans. Casual fans of movies aren't wrapped up in this DC/Marvel beef. They also have been known to ignore critics if they like a movie. So ultimately, box office and DVD sales will tell you whether the critics have an agenda against DC. Casual fans generally did not enjoy Man of Steel and gave BvS mixed reviews. You can't claim that the entire world is in on this mass conspiracy, something is just not working, and it would be more advantageous to just listen to what people are saying about the film instead of crying about conspiracies.

samtalksradio

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Belle Glade FL
Can we please have a moment of silence . . .

1280e_arrow401.jpg

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is my problem with the complaints from DC fans. Casual fans of movies aren't wrapped up in this DC/Marvel beef. They also have been known to ignore critics if they like a movie. So ultimately, box office and DVD sales will tell you whether the critics have an agenda against DC. Casual fans generally did not enjoy Man of Steel and gave BvS mixed reviews. You can't claim that the entire world is in on this mass conspiracy, something is just not working, and it would be more advantageous to just listen to what people are saying about the film instead of crying about conspiracies.
:salute:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

And it's the casual fans that make up most of the viewers. I though Jurassic World was overrated but casual fans enjoyed it.

Marvel doesn't do much tinkering. They have a formula and stick with it. They have a good mix of catering to comic book heads while still making movies that will appeal to the rest of movie goers.

But as I said before the execs at DC and the people they hire to direct these movies keep creating stories and narratives they think are good instead of making movies most people will watch.

And another thing. One of the reasons why the MCU has been so successful is because the movies and actors are not polarizing. When you have so many characters in one universe that's important. Any time a character or movie overshadows the collective universe there it causes a distraction.

MOS is a prime example. It became so polarizing that it affected the production of BvS. BvS became so polarizing that it bled over into the production of SS.

Iron Man 3 was meh but it had not effect on the winter soldier. Age of Ultron was good not great but it had zero effect on the making of Ant Man.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Marvel is consistent though. They've also built a core audience and fan base which includes casual fans. When people go see a marvel flick they go with certain expectations.

DC hasn't earned that.

The problem with what DC is doing now is they're trying so hard to not be compared to Marvel that they've taken almost every element that makes the MCU great and do the exact opposite.

You say civil war was meh but the numbers don't lie. You say the Thor movies sucked but marvel has the luxury of keeping him out of civil war and adding hulk to Thor 3.

Marvel actually listens to fans. DC only cares about money.
Breh they consciously made this movie to be more like Marvel. Also Justice League is basically looking like Age of Ultron

They seem like they're going in the direction of what the masses want which is don't take this shyt that seriously.

Which is why I stand by that if Nolan's trilogy was released now the Ratings would be 20 percent lower.

It's Warner's fault for waiting so long. They let Marvel/Disney create a standard.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
:heh: did this conspiracy for DC movie just start with BVS, cause TDKR was rated highly by critics. Maybe the movies just aren't that good.

It started when DC saw the sustained success of the MCU and that x-men reboot then abruptly declared their own cenamatic universe. Then they openly started taking shots at marvel for no reason. Which sucks because they not only put pressure on themselves for no reason, they divided comic book movie fans.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
We're not speaking on BvS.... but I will agree to that and it was made a criticism for that film which is a valid one.

But regarding to this... It just feels like DC made a movie that is similar to the Marvel films and if it is something that legitimately misses its mark then fine, but if it is criticism for things they tend to get a pass by Marvel, then that's some BS. And from what's most of these reviews so far are saying... it is mainly things that tend to get a pass even if they were noted as flaws in Marvel.

But I haven't seen the film either... this could be easily Independence Day: Resurgence bad thou

Y'all let a man who despised comics set the standard for DC Comic Films :manny:

It was all good with the critics when they were riding The Dark Knight Trilogy :yeshrug:

If subsequent movies aint on par with them :manny:

Same thing happened to Byran Singer with Apocalypse earlier this year.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:heh: did this conspiracy for DC movie just start with BVS, cause TDKR was rated highly by critics. Maybe the movies just aren't that good.

Nolan got a pass because of his own rep following TDK & Inception. Again... it's a bias. Also that's the same year Avengers came out which got EVERYONE on Marvel's dicck to where mediocre to bad movies like IM3 got a pass. Critics dicckride what's popular more than the fans sometimes.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
pretty much this in a nutshell.

having a relatable character is important because they are essentially the viewer's tour guide through the movie. thor 1 wasn't great by any means but at the center of that movie, and all of the marvel movies, is a relatable human struggle that keeps it from being a total and complete bore.

in snyder's movies there's no tour guide and we get lost in all the dark, murky confusion. he's a not an exceptional director either, so that doesn't help.

Well this movie isn't dark and it is getting shyt on.

Justice league won't be dark and that will probably get shyt on too:yeshrug:

WW will get good reviews regardless.

So what do they do?... Hopefully they cancel/indefinitely delay all this shyt and make batman movies:blessed: