Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

FLATOP

Superstar
Daps
I was mad at BvS coming out the theater. With more time to think and analyze, I ended up appreciating it more. (I even prefer the theatrical to the ultimate - just add Superman saving bombing victims in the theatrical).

I was able to see the depth within BvS, the scale and the scope. But if this is as surface-level unambitious and diminutive as reviews suggest then I cant defend it even as a DC fan.

David Ayer, Chuck Roven and the Snyders had this phenomenal authentic opportunity to flesh out the new DCEU with the characters people want while also adapting a beloved property, so to not coordinate that to go beyond what Ayer thought would be "cool" or to allow greater worldbuilding scope beyond hero cameos is such a huge mistake.

Its so hard to defend DC. Snyder going balls to the wall without care for audience's perspectives on classic characters. And now Ayer directing a $250 million dollar first draft of a real movie with gaps filled in by embarrassing improv and pop music.

Geoff Johns seems to be the last hope of it all. But still, what could Patty Jenkins be up to?

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
74% RT rating >>>> the abysmal 35% Suicide Squad is currently getting.....
well TBH the parts with Godzilla were :blessed: so off the strength of those I didn't shyt on the movie. I mean the rest of the movie was pretty much ass, but when Godzilla showed up :wow:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Think for yourself

The point of reviews is to decide if you want to spend money. Why would I waste time and money just to decide?

Run time is only 100 minutes so that alone tells me all of the characters won't get equal screen time. Leto has been all over the promo tour yet gets minimum screen time which tells me most of his parts were shown in the damn trailers.

Add to the fact that DC hasnt made a dope flick since tdkr and you cant blame people for not wanting to watch it.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
The point of reviews is to decide if you want to spend money. Why would I waste time and money just to decide?

Run time is only 100 minutes so that alone tells me all of the characters won't get equal screen time. Leto has been all over the promo tour yet gets minimum screen time which tells me most of his parts were shown in the damn trailers.

Add to the fact that DC hasnt made a dope flick since tdkr and you cant blame people for not wanting to watch it.
I thought it's 2 hours?

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
Checking it out tomorrow with my squad. 17 deep. Then Ima take this woman on Friday thanks to t mobile Tuesday free suicide squad ticket..