Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
It's been clued in for MONTHS that the Joker wasn't in it that much.... it's long been stated he wasn't the focus of the film. And even trying to say the movie SUCKS because of how limited screen time for one character makes no sense at all. They hyped up Thanos being in Guardian of the Galaxy as much as they did with the Joker in this. This movie is about the Suicide Squad, not the Joker featuring the Suicide Squad. It is a trivial complaint.
ok i gotcha but this is the difference....thanos wasnt shown in any trailer. Joker was BLASTED onto every tv screen. shyt they showed joker more than most of the suicide squad in the trailers :pachaha: so u cant blame ppl for being disappointed. They blasted joker in every trailer to bring in joker fans and then get mad when joker fans are upset about it :heh:....him barely being in it isnt justifiable for a bad review tho and if anyone did that they're as big a joker stan as dudes in here are dc stans

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Critics aren't as clued into the productions as you or me. The Joker was prominently featured in every trailer. Thanos was in none of the GotG trailers. Like 10% of the audience is gobbling up news and details about these movies prior to them coming out.
I think that is pat of the problem DC is catering to fan boys too much. Make a move everyone can get into.

How is that possible that we know about information coming in more than critics? But neither here or there....the fact is it shouldn't be a criticism over the amount of screen time a character has in the film..... There's actors that won OSCARS with very limited screen time! Many under 15 minutes... shyt, Judi Dench won hers within just FIVE MINUTES of screen time. The length of a character on screen should not matter. As long as the POINT of having that character in the first place is there. And we all know the only reason the Joker's in this film is due to his relationship with Harley Quinn.

So, how much screen time he has should NOT matter... he is NOT the focus of this film. I'm not even a professional screen critic and I understand that much. If ANYTHING the criticism should be revolving around the core characters to which I heard has been a complaint that some got more shine than others. I can understand that.... being that this film is about the Suicide Squad, there should be more of a balance of representation of those characters within the squad. But other than that... hating on a film just because of wanting more Joker... that a trivial complaint that shouldn't be made as a reason NOT to like the film.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
How is that possible that we know about information coming in more than critics? But neither here or there....the fact is it shouldn't be a criticism over the amount of screen time a character has in the film..... There's actors that won OSCARS with very limited screen time! Many under 15 minutes... shyt, Judi Dench won hers within just FIVE MINUTES of screen time. The length of a character on screen should not matter. As long as the POINT of having that character in the first place is there. And we all know the only reason the Joker's in this film is due to his relationship with Harley Quinn.

So, how much screen time he has should NOT matter... he is NOT the focus of this film. I'm not even a professional screen critic and I understand that much. If ANYTHING the criticism should be revolving around the core characters to which I heard has been a complaint that some got more shine than others. I can understand that.... being that this film is about the Suicide Squad, there should be more of a balance of representation of those characters within the squad. But other than that... hating on a film just because of wanting more Joker... that a trivial complaint that shouldn't be made as a reason NOT to like the film.
Critics have to review what 5 -7 movies weekly? No, they don't know the intricate details beforehand. They don't have time for it.
Like @kingdarius said above. The Joker actually has a following. If you put him all up in the trailer you are setting an unrealistic expectation.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I disagree on BVS, but that's another topic. From what critics are saying the movie isn't all that fun. The Joker is only in 10 for minutes and Leto does just an ok job.

Plus people pay attention to reviews these days. So much to the point I saw a Star Trek ad which included how good it did on Rotten Tomatoes.

I guess the bright side is that it doesn't have much competition.
yup
These are the type of critics we're dealing with :snoop:

Complain about villains being villains and heroes taking down said villains:mjlol:

Read his Twitter he's biased because he feels the movie is homophobic :snoop:

Ill-Mind

Midwest Moonwalker
Daps
It's been clued in for MONTHS that the Joker wasn't in it that much.... it's long been stated he wasn't the focus of the film. And even trying to say the movie SUCKS because of how limited screen time for one character makes no sense at all. They hyped up Thanos being in Guardian of the Galaxy as much as they did with the Joker in this. This movie is about the Suicide Squad, not the Joker featuring the Suicide Squad. It is a trivial complaint.
Breh, Joker even has an extended trailer for this

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Critics have to review what 5 -7 movies weekly? No, they don't know the intricate details beforehand. They don't have time for it.
Like @kingdarius said above. The Joker actually has a following. If you put him all up in the trailer you are setting an unrealistic expectation.

But again... it should be the end all be all for a movie. The movie isn't about the Joker... but the Suicide Squad. The Joker was never the focus... and anyone with common sense would understand that. To say a movie sucks because a character that you like didn't have as much screen time and you are a supposed "professional" film is ridiculous. Focus on what's the movie is about and what was intended and what worked and did not work. If the Joker was only meant for only Harley Quinn's own development, then why just have him purely for that? If he was the MAIN antagonist, then that's different... but he's not. And I don't believe it was ever hyped up that he was. But professional critics should look past over whether characters they want to see more have enough screen time and review the film for what it was trying to do as a whole.

The movie CAN suck and it would have nothing to do with it being little screentime of the Joker. And it could be DOPE AS HELL despite of it too. It shouldn't be something to quibble about as an ultimate reason.

DlAMONDZ

That pu$$y got me grinning
Daps
Reppin
Cali
ok i gotcha but this is the difference....thanos wasnt shown in any trailer. Joker was BLASTED onto every tv screen. shyt they showed joker more than most of the suicide squad in the trailers :pachaha: so u cant blame ppl for being disappointed. They blasted joker in every trailer to bring in joker fans and then get mad when joker fans are upset about it :heh:....him barely being in it isnt justifiable for a bad review tho and if anyone did that they're as big a joker stan as dudes in here are dc stans
I knew that shyt would backfire :heh:

You're just asking for bad WOM by lying to ur paying costumers. WB really is ran by retards :heh:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
I don't give a fukk about a critic can't wait to see this shyt

Support my nikka will smith

Crackers can suck a dikk

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
But again... it should be the end all be all for a movie. The movie isn't about the Joker... but the Suicide Squad. The Joker was never the focus... and anyone with common sense would understand that. To say a movie sucks because a character that you like didn't have as much screen time and you are a supposed "professional" film is ridiculous. Focus on what's the movie is about and what was intended and what worked and did not work. If the Joker was only meant for only Harley Quinn's own development, then why just have him purely for that? If he was the MAIN antagonist, then that's different... but he's not. And I don't believe it was ever hyped up that he was. But professional critics should look past over whether characters they want to see more have enough screen time and review the film for what it was trying to do as a whole.

The movie CAN suck and it would have nothing to do with it being little screentime of the Joker. And it could be DOPE AS HELL despite of it too. It shouldn't be something to quibble about as an ultimate reason.
I'll just say from the advertising did you know who the bad guy was? If no, you can see why people had an expectation it was the Joker.
What are critics saying about Kinneman, Delevingne, Adewale, Courtney, Hernandez, Beach, Eastwood? I'm hearing like nothing about their performances.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
:laff: these critics are embarrassing. These are all negatives according to the author, little does he know that they're apart of the character in the comics

'Suicide Squad' Review: DC Bad Guys' Movie is Anything but Super

You've never seen a more lovable team of death-row supervillains, hilariously dubbed "the worst of the worst."

Viola Davis is actually scarier than any of these maniacs as Amanda Waller, the ethics-starved fed who corrals these killer "meta-humans" from Louisiana's Belle Reve prison to work for the good guys just in case of another alien invasion.

As the tattooed Diablo, Jay Hernandez has the power to spew flames, but he's held back by — get this! — his conscience.

Dr. June Moone, but as soon as her spirit is corrupted she becomes the evil Enchantress and the film's reigning scourge. Say what? Is this Ghostbusters? Don't even try to navigate the logic at play here.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
I really don't value critcs opinions when it comes to summer blockbusters or superhero movies. This goes for Marvel and DC. Go see a movie for yourself and determine whether it's good or not. The Transformers movies have gotten bad reviews but they still make bank. A lot of the action films from the 80's and 90's weren't masterpieces but made bank because fans enjoyed them and said to hell with the critics.

Stop expecting movies about grown men and women in tights to get critical reviews and just enjoy the films for what they are. 90 minutes to two hours of escapism.

The biggest issue with the critique of super-hero moves I have, is the fact that critics fail to recognize "superhero" movies as a genre. They are a genre of movies just like romance, western, rom-com etc.... they are a NEW genre no doubt but they are a genre. Once they realize that they can stop bytching about the amount of superhero films that come out per year. Nobody complains about there being to many romance or rom coms.