Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The madness behind all these DC fanboys acting like there's some grand conspiracy behind people not liking these shytty movies is that Nolan's series, mainly the The Dark Knight, is still widely and openly accepted as the absolute pinnacle of this comic movie boom.
:russ:It's akin to republicans crying that there's a mainstream media slant because the media just so happens to cover politics and coincidentally republican leaders say dumb shyt all the fukking time.

No conspiracy here, just do better that's all :yeshrug:

• Dap
Reactions: flo

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
The gawd Jahns has never steered me wrong I'm remaining optimistic and can't wait for Friday. Imax.:banderas:

That's funny, I was just about to post this review because although it's a positive review, it also sounds like Jahns is defending it, which is weird. If it's good, it should be able to stand on its own merits, but he's explaining why some of the problems in the movie were necessary. He even admits he really wants this one to succeed, and I think he pulled some punches instead of really going in, like he usually does.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
P
That's funny, I was just about to post this review because although it's a positive review, it also sounds like Jahns is defending it, which is weird. If it's good, it should be able to stand on its own merits, but he's explaining why some of the problems in the movie were necessary. He even admits he really wants this one to succeed, and I think he pulled some punches instead of really going in, like he usually does.
Nah he doesn't hold back like that I've seen enough reviews he's not a bias dude. He definitely didn't like BVS and wasn't a huge fan of MOS. This shyt looks like an ass kicking fun time from the trailers:manny: I can't speak on anything until I see it for myself and I can't wait :blessed:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
But then that presupposes that I've seen the first cut of the movie and that David Ayer didn't have a sense of humor in the movie:jbhmm:

Meaning I'd have to have my head up my ass to assume one way or the other:patrice:

How about we just stick with whether I like the movie or not and go with that because I'm not going to make a silly ass guess based on...nothing

If it's choppy as fukk technically tho, that I will speak on:salute:
:sas1: a man as well versed in film such as yourself will surely be able to tell if reshoots were done, but i'll let you cook, for now :sas2:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi

The latest superhero blockbuster, "Batman v Superman," was gloomy, joyless, and poorlyreviewed.

But according to a revealing interview with director Zack Snyder from 2008, it could've been much worse.

Snyder spoke to Entertainment Weekly about his then upcoming movie "Watchmen." During the interview, he revealed that he had very different ideas about the Caped Crusader than fellow director Christopher Nolan, who directed "Batman Begins."

He said:

Everyone says that about "Batman Begins." "Batman's dark." I'm like, "Okay, no, Batman's cool." He gets to go to a Tibetan monastery and be trained by ninjas. Okay? I want to do that. But he doesn't, like, get raped in prison. That could happen in my movie. If you want to talk about dark, that's how that would go.

An old Zack Snyder interview perfectly captures why the new Batman movie is such a disaster

we are lucky we didnt get the extended, extended cut of BvS, if you get my drift :merchant:

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
The way this is looking... everything they're complaining about they gave a pass for Guardians of the Galaxy. I didn't see ANYONE complaining how limited THANOS was in that movie.
i sorted get what you're saying but marvel and the director flat out said thanos was barely gonna be in it from the beginning, i nvr saw anything about joker barely being in it. Having him being a side villain is one thing but they're saying he's only in it for like 10, 20min which is crazy especially if he's as good as they say. Another thing, comparing joker to thanos is ridiculous. Thats like comparing darkseid to joker. Why would someone as powerful as thanos or darkseid even waste time fighting the likes of suicide squad or guardians? that would make no damn sense in either movie. Plus joker is waaaaaaaaaaaaay more popular than thanos so of course ppl would complain he's not in the movie more

LeMAO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Changes that were made from the test screening to the final version of the Suicide Squad *spoilers*

In short:

Opening scene changed. Instead of June Moon in the cave finding and turning into the Enchantress it changed into the Deadshot scene that you saw in the clips (you still get the Enchantress origin scene but it happens after that).

Added two scenes between Deadshot and Flag as well as a scene where Deadshot fight the Enchantress.

The scene where Joker fight the Squad over Harley was cut. As well as him in the subway talking to them.

Took down most of the scenes where he abused Harley. Changed a scene where he pushs her from an helicopter after fighting him to her jumping herself.

Took down the scene where Boomerang comes back to help the Squad after leaving them.

Took down a little story arc between Boomerang and Harley (you see a glimpse of it in the comic con trailer).

Added the Flash cameo.

Superstar
Daps
Jeremy Jahns gave this shyt a glowing review

I know I'm gonna enjoy this movie, just sucks that the critics panning this

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i sorted get what you're saying but marvel and the director flat out said thanos was barely gonna be in it from the beginning, i nvr saw anything about joker barely being in it. Having him being a side villain is one thing but they're saying he's only in it for like 10, 20min which is crazy especially if he's as good as they say. Another thing, comparing joker to thanos is ridiculous. Thats like comparing darkseid to joker. Why would someone as powerful as thanos or darkseid even waste time fighting the likes of suicide squad or guardians? that would make no damn sense in either movie. Plus joker is waaaaaaaaaaaaay more popular than thanos so of course ppl would complain he's not in the movie more

It's been clued in for MONTHS that the Joker wasn't in it that much.... it's long been stated he wasn't the focus of the film. And even trying to say the movie SUCKS because of how limited screen time for one character makes no sense at all. They hyped up Thanos being in Guardian of the Galaxy as much as they did with the Joker in this. This movie is about the Suicide Squad, not the Joker featuring the Suicide Squad. It is a trivial complaint.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I really don't value critcs opinions when it comes to summer blockbusters or superhero movies. This goes for Marvel and DC. Go see a movie for yourself and determine whether it's good or not. The Transformers movies have gotten bad reviews but they still make bank. A lot of the action films from the 80's and 90's weren't masterpieces but made bank because fans enjoyed them and said to hell with the critics.

Stop expecting movies about grown men and women in tights to get critical reviews and just enjoy the films for what they are. 90 minutes to two hours of escapism.

I was going to give you some rep, but TheColi took away the rep button.

Again.:mindblown:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
It's been clued in for MONTHS that the Joker wasn't in it that much.... it's long been stated he wasn't the focus of the film. And even trying to say the movie SUCKS because of how limited screen time for one character makes no sense at all. They hyped up Thanos being in Guardian of the Galaxy as much as they did with the Joker in this. This movie is about the Suicide Squad, not the Joker featuring the Suicide Squad. It is a trivial complaint.
Critics aren't as clued into the productions as you or me. The Joker was prominently featured in every trailer. Thanos was in none of the GotG trailers. Like 10% of the audience is gobbling up news and details about these movies prior to them coming out.
I think that is pat of the problem DC is catering to fan boys too much. Make a move everyone can get into.