Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

MIKE SPLEAN

Superstar
Daps
nikkas in this thread talking like they saw it. Y'all swear critics don't matter when it's comfortable.

We gonna all see on Thursday

MIKE SPLEAN

Superstar
Daps
I saw the flick already, and some of the things they point out I do agree with, other shyt they just nitpicking. Movie isn't as bad as the critics are making it out to be. I am curious to see what was changed and or added though. So will see it again.
Thanks breh

LeMAO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
good RT ratings doesn't mean great Box Office look at the trash Ghostbusters 2016, people smells the BS...:russ:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i sorted get what you're saying but marvel and the director flat out said thanos was barely gonna be in it from the beginning, i nvr saw anything about joker barely being in it. Having him being a side villain is one thing but they're saying he's only in it for like 10, 20min which is crazy especially if he's as good as they say. Another thing, comparing joker to thanos is ridiculous. Thats like comparing darkseid to joker. Why would someone as powerful as thanos or darkseid even waste time fighting the likes of suicide squad or guardians? that would make no damn sense in either movie. Plus joker is waaaaaaaaaaaaay more popular than thanos so of course ppl would complain he's not in the movie more
DC never stated how much time he's in the movie.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
With the release of Suicide Squad just a few days away, the first reviews of the movie have been unleashed on the web. Many who were disappointed in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice have been hoping that Suicide Squad would help get the DC Comics universe back on the right track, injecting some much needed fun and energy into the comic book work. Meanwhile, those who enjoyed Zack Snyder’s superhero face-off were excited at the prospect of seeing some of DC’s most iconic villains grace the big screen together. So how does Suicide Squad fare?

Most of the Suicide Squad reviews have some pretty unkind things to say, with many writing that it has an illogical story, a ridiculous and awful villain, and some pretty sloppy editing. Sadly, it doesn’t sound like this will save the DC Comics universe for those who were already disappointed in it. But there may be hope for those who found themselves disagreeing with critics about Batman v Superman, because even the negative reviews add that there’s some fun to be had among the messiness and the cast makes it better than it otherwise could have been.

Check out our round-up of Suicide Squad reviews and reactions after the jump for more.

First up, here’s some more brief reactions from Twitter:

Suicide Squad is a mess. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen a studio film so clearly and clumsily manhandled with reshoots and rejiggering; the whole first act plays like an extended montage, an endless “Previously on” segment set to a staggering series of on-the-nose needledrops (Sympathy for the Devil plays when master manipulator Amanda Waller is introduced), and the third act is full of emotional beats and character turns that are not set up and as such can’t land their payoffs. But, swimming through all that, pushing against the current of a botched movie, are four lead performances that salvage the whole thing.

Just when you think the summer movie season can’t get any worse, along come the “Worst. Heroes. Ever.” And while the film’s official tagline is selling its stars a little bit short (surely last year’s incarnation of The Fantastic Four still holds that dubious distinction), the mundane, milquetoast, and often mind-bogglingly stupid “Suicide Squad” almost makes good on the threat of its marketing campaign.

Of course, the advertising copy isn’t referring to the quality of the film’s super-powered task force so much as it is to their moral fiber, but this motley crew of demented rejects — a real who’s who of who gives a shyt — are bad in every sense of the word except for the one that might threaten to make them interesting.

A puzzlingly confused undertaking that never becomes as cool as it thinks it is, Suicide Squad assembles an all-star team of supervillains and then doesn’t know what to do with them.

Suicide Squad is bad. Not fun bad. Not redeemable bad. Not the kind of bad that is the unfortunate result of artists honorably striving for something ambitious and falling short. Suicide Squad is just bad. It’s ugly and boring, a toxic combination that means the film’s highly fetishized violence doesn’t even have the exciting tingle of the wicked or the taboo. (Oh, how the movie wants to be both of those things.) It’s simply a dull chore steeped in flaccid machismo, a shapeless, poorly edited trudge that adds some mildly appalling sexism and even a soupçon of racism to its abundant, hideously timed gun worship. But, perhaps worst of all, Suicide Squad is ultimately too shoddy and forgettable to even register as revolting. At least revolting would have been something.

1st Day:lolbron:

LeMAO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I notice the main complaints seem to be bad editing and storytelling... the same exact problems they had with BvS. Why does WB insist on chopping up their movies? Apparently there was a different edit a couple months ago
some changes

Opening scene changed. Instead of June Moon in the cave finding and turning into the Enchantress it changed into the Deadshot scene that you saw in the clips (you still get the Enchantress origin scene but it happens after that).

Added two scenes between Deadshot and Flag as well as a scene where Deadshot fight the Enchantress.

The scene where Joker fight the Squad over Harley was cut. As well as him in the subway talking to them.

Took down most of the scenes where he abused Harley. Changed a scene where he pushs her from an helicopter after fighting him to her jumping herself.

Took down the scene where Boomerang comes back to help the Squad after leaving them.

Took down a little story arc between Boomerang and Harley (you see a glimpse of it in the comic con trailer).

Added the Flash cameo.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
some changes

Opening scene changed. Instead of June Moon in the cave finding and turning into the Enchantress it changed into the Deadshot scene that you saw in the clips (you still get the Enchantress origin scene but it happens after that).

Added two scenes between Deadshot and Flag as well as a scene where Deadshot fight the Enchantress.

The scene where Joker fight the Squad over Harley was cut. As well as him in the subway talking to them.

Took down most of the scenes where he abused Harley. Changed a scene where he pushs her from an helicopter after fighting him to her jumping herself.

Took down the scene where Boomerang comes back to help the Squad after leaving them.

Took down a little story arc between Boomerang and Harley (you see a glimpse of it in the comic con trailer).

Added the Flash cameo.
What was the result of the fight with the squad ? And what did he talk to the squad about ?

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dude is bugging. That's a cinema sin. Especially being that villain is supposedly weak as fukk.

The trailers look like Joker is either the villain or at the very least a large part of the film. Him being in the film less than 20 minutes is some bullshyt. Its almost as bad as Godzilla not really showing Godzilla.

Glad you mentioned Godzilla because critics RAVED about that last film and it barely had Godzilla in it.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Could you give me a definitive guide to Kingpin stories breh? I've read the Punisher Max or was that Kingpin max and it was dope. Anyplace I should start?
Go back to the late 60s with Spidey moving forward to Daredevil and The Punisher

Dont ever ask me no fukkin shyt your muthafukkin ass could easily google again