Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Just saw the reviews :dame:

Someone give me a run down of the complaints

General consensus

"Oh, yeah… Joker. It now makes sense why Jared Leto spearheaded so many shenanigans on set. If you had as much downtime as he did not being in this movie, you might start sending used condoms to cast members, too. (No, you for sure wouldn’t.) But, yes, if you’ve seen the majority of the publicity material for Suicide Squad, you’ve seen clips from pretty much every scene Joker has in this movie. We meet Joker in flashbacks as we’re introduced to Harley Quinn, then he pops us a couple of times during the movie trying to reunite with Harley. That’s… pretty much it. Again, it’s baffling to me that Joker is in this movie, has so little to do, and is not the villain. It’s hard to even judge Leto as Joker because there’s not quite enough to go on. How is Leto’s Joker as a villain? I have no clue, because in this movie he’s just some dude who wants his girlfriend back."

"This is one of the first movies I can remember watching in which I did not like the movie, but I’d look forward to a sequel."

Sounds like The characters and the actors are the only thing that makes this film even close to being good. And the director and writers dropped the ball.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:smh: @ you shytting on Apocalypse (a movie you were repping) to prop up a movie you haven't even seen.

I'm not shytting on it.... I still like the movie... but at the same time the critics are bashing this harder than they bashed that film and we can all agree on that at least.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Empire, probably the most respected movie magazine have given it 4 out of 5 :yeshrug:

I trust them

Suicide Squad Review
ndlQ2Cuc3cjTL7lTynw6I4boP4S.jpg
Dan Jolin

Last updated: 2 Aug 2016 17:01

• Release date
    5 Aug 2016
  • Certificate
  • Running time
    123 minutes
  • Movie
    Suicide Squad

Machiavellian government agent Amanda Waller (Viola Davis) has a plan to deal with the sudden, Superman-heralded “metahuman” threat to the world: coerce the globe’s deadliest bad guys into an emergency super-team. And when Midway City becomes the ravaged heart of a plot to extinguish humanity, that’s exactly what she does, with expectedly unexpected results.

★★★★★

If Marvel has the best superheroes, so the prevailing geek-logic goes, then DC has the coolest villains. So it’s only sensible they’re finally placed front, centre and in the firing line. Filling its entire super-team with previously unseen antagonists, Suicide Squad represents a Flash-speed sprint of a catch-up for the rapidly forming DC Cinematic Universe. And, on that front at least, it’s a real hoot.

Deadshot, “the most wanted hitman in the world”, is delivered with heat-of-the-action poise and a generous side order of sass by Will Smith, who couldn’t look happier stepping back from his above-the-title dominance to join this motley ensemble and coolly put bullets in brains.

Then there’s Harley Quinn, the Jokerette, if you like; though “crazier than him, and more dangerous”, we’re warned. Margot Robbie, skipping daintily about in pants hotter than hell’s sauna, isn’t quite allowed to completely steal this show — but she certainly borrows it from time to time, and repays you with enough interest to make that mooted Harley stand-alone an enticement.
Suicide%20Squad%206.jpg

Plus, among others, we have the tinnie-swigging, stick-hurling Captain Boomerang, which finally sees Jai Courtney flexing his rough charisma on screen; and flame-moulding gang-banger Diablo, the team’s unlikely conscience in the impressively intense, tat-etched form of Jay Hernandez.

Margot Robbie isn’t quite allowed to completely steal this show — but she certainly borrows it from time to time.

It’s quite the roll call. And, despite the rich material, director David Ayer is a brave man to marshal this Dirty Half-ish-Dozen. Thinking he was making the “funny, smart-talking, cool little brother” to Batman v Superman, he found himself tasked with turning back the wave of negativity that smashed Zack Snyder’s Dawn Of Justice.

More used to spelunking in the man-caves of the testosteronic psyche with the likes of End Of Watch and 2014’s underrated war movie Fury, Ayer might seem an unlikely candidate to rescue a comic-book blockbuster series, but, like his unpredictable, mismatched characters, he pulls it off with gritty-flashy aplomb.

Suicide%20Squad%207.jpg

Well, for the most part. Whatever the truth behind the reasons for additional shooting (standard procedure, or last-minute Deadpool-style humour injection?) you can’t help but inhale the sweaty waft of 11th-hour scrambling in what proves to be a scrappy final edit. False starts, oddly placed flashbacks, clunky cameos (Ben Affleck’s Batman, Ezra Miller’s Flash) and a muddled chronology detract from the grungy, kooky DayGlo-splashed fun, and it takes a good 45 minutes (plus the mystifyingly late introduction of what turns out to be one complete non-event of a character) for the set-up to stop flapping and the action proper to kick in. Also, in striving to find a threat deadly enough to warrant asking bad guys to save the world, the film’s answer is less than satisfying. We get little more than just another posturing villain with vague plans for world domination via a big, swirling mass of CGI.

Still, at least elsewhere there’s a proper bad guy to chew on. Though only a wild card, occasionally capering in and out of the main plot, Jared Leto’s incarnation of the Joker is essential to its success. Where Heath Ledger’s version was scarred, shabby and countercultural, Leto’s has a smooth, blingy gangsta swagger; a modern take on the way the original comic-book creation riffed on ’30s mobsters. But it’s not his swish, purring style and elegant, slo-mo cackle that really hooks you, it’s something we’ve never seen before: the Joker in love. Here’s a fascinatingly jagged new angle (cinematically at least). It’s unsettling and compelling — almost enough to make you wish it were more than a subplot.

But there’s more to come, surely? Judging by what Ayer’s pulled off here, you can bet there will be.

Like Avengers Assemble forced through a Deadpool mangle, Suicide Squad gives new life to DC’s big-screen universe. So bad-to-the-bone it’s good.

★★★★★
Suicide Squad

Suicide Squad
This

I font care what crotics are saying, shyt is Day 1 still

These the same ones that give these other boring, fakkit ass movies 5 stars but they seem to miss the mark with comic adaptations unless theyre as lighthearted and frias the Disney versions.

Its still a Day one for me

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
These are the type of critics we're dealing with :snoop:

Complain about villains being villains and heroes taking down said villains:mjlol:

:dwillhuh: But this is who Harley Quinn is when she's with the Joker
Harley Quinn is an embodiment of all the conflicting things this frankly disastrous new movie, choppily written and directed David Ayer, is attempting to do. She’s meant to be fun in her I’m so cra-azyway, but she’s also a woman in an abusive relationship the movie has no idea how to handle. She’s supposed to be strong, and in the literal sense, she does bash things with a baseball bat. But she’s also a psychological prisoner who has surrendered her sense of self. She’s a goth icon who talks like a 1930s gangster moll and who owns a gun reading “love” and “hate” on the barrel, but in her deepest heart, all she wants is to be a housewife in curlers, looking after the kids while her green-haired hubby heads off to work. She’s anarchic, but not really, and a good time, but not really, and she’s fukked up, but not really — or at least, not really in a way the movie’s ready to take time to explore.
How "Suicide Squad" Uses And Abuses Harley Quinn

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound

Complain about villains being villains and heroes taking down said villains:mjlol:

Clearly never watched Batman or Superman the animated series or even Justice League :russ::russ::russ:Joker used to smack the shyt out of her:dead:"Critics" are just too soft in 2016. I'm ready for this shyt :demonic:

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang

i commend them for puttin the women beating stuff in the movie :ehh: dont act like yall didnt see the backlash of that coming tho :comeon: more than a few dudes in here was saying the feminazis were gonna kill this movie if it had that in it

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Co3fwjMWgAAUzXO.jpg

:francis:

Was really hoping this would be a good movie. At this point is it safe to say DC is to blame and not the directors? Did they give Nolan a blank check to do anything w/o studio meddling?

Hope they let Affleck have a blank check.

From what I gather it's mostly due to the reshoots. I'm sure @MartyMcFly will correct me if I'm wrong but from I've read the original film's tone (think the original teaser trailer from last year's Comic Con) was darker and bordering on an R-Rating. Then WB freaked out when BVS didn't set the world on fire and ordered Ayers to perform extensive reshoots and make the film lighter and more "Guardians-Esque". One review I read said the editing was so horrible that he actually couldn't WAIT to see a director's cut because they refused to believe Ayers had final say on the theatrical cut.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I can't wait to watch this shyt :banderas:

Soft beta males and feminazis hate it is all the confirmation I need this is about to be lit.

I read the word nihilist a bunch of times used in a negative light and it just made me want this film now :banderas:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This

I font care what crotics are saying, shyt is Day 1 still

These the same ones that give these other boring, fakkit ass movies 5 stars but they seem to miss the mark with comic adaptations unless theyre as lighthearted and frias the Disney versions.

Its still a Day one for me
They're complaining about the Joker not being the main bad guy:dwillhuh:

We knew this though. He's one character in a larger universe. Even in the Suicide Squad cartoon, he wasn't the main bad guy.

:dwillhuh: But this is who Harley Quinn is when she's with the Joker

How "Suicide Squad" Uses And Abuses Harley Quinn
shyt on a movie portraying Harley Quinn as Harley Quinn brehs