Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
This movie CANNOT be worse than X-men Apocalypse and Ghostbusters with their lukewarm to garbage trailers.

I'm convinced that these critics bread is buttered for Disney Marvel. The same criticism that they bash this film for they give Marvel a pass. And the fact DC had a film that is more like one from Marvel, they still bash it for copying Marvel. It's damned if they do or don't.

:smh: @ you shytting on Apocalypse (a movie you were repping) to prop up a movie you haven't even seen.

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
Describe "set the tone".... because if you want to be real technical, it was Goyer that came up with Man of Steel, pitched it to Nolan... THEN Snyder came on. Yes, BvS was all Snyder if you meant by that, but Ayers directed and wrote this ON HIS OWN... and supposedly the tone of this movie is totally different from BvS or MoS. It's not a serious movie to behind with or depressing or anything that been complained about with Snyder.... it's almost the opposite and it's still being bashed... It's really no way DC can win in this no matter what they do.

setting the tone in terms of setting up their version of a DC Superhero cinematic universe

i'm not sure (maybe i am wrong though) that they had plans in motion for their heroes in a connected universe when MoS was made

but IIRC it was after MoS but when BvS was announced, BvS was going to be the kick off to their connected universe

then a bit after that, WB announced via a press release all these movies with dates, some actors, and directors attached to them...before BvS even came out and from even back then on paper it seemed like they would have their work cut out for them just based on the order a lot of their films were coming out (a JL movie before any of those members had a proper solo introduction for example)

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Why is it everytime a DC movie gets mad reviews some posters always pop up to call the reviewers and people that agree with the reviewers mindless sheep? The critics said BVS sucked, I went and saw it, and I agreed it sucked. I fell asleep 3 times in the theater and didn't even finish watching the extended DVD

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who's gonna put the:mjcry: on the poster

not yet dammit
giphy.gif

Don't throw in the towel :damn:see it for yourself

samtalksradio

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Belle Glade FL
I feel bad for the directors in the actors who are putting their heart in soul into the DCEU. it's not fair to them that critics are obviously biased against the DCEU. it's clear they're judging these movies by Marvel standards, in it's honestly getting ridiculous. everything they bytched about BvS was pretty much fixed with this movie Fun, humor and fun charismatic characters and are still complaining :mindblown: they just cannot be satisfied.

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I posted this in the Batman v. Superman thread and I'll post it here

Man, reading through this thread is like seeing the five stages of grief

Denial: :childplease:"Just a bunch of trolls hating on the movie. Don't take their opinions seriously. This movie is gonna be a classic."
Anger: :pacspit:"Man, fukk those critics! Bunch of hating ass Marvel stans who don't know shyt about the comics! This movie is still gonna be a classic!"

Bargaining: :whoa:"Don't be too alarmed guys. Obviously the movie is just extremely polarizing. Don't worry! It's still gonna be a classic for us comic book fans!"
Depression: :mjcry:"Bruhs, what if this movie really isn't that good? What if it's not really a classic?"
Acceptance: :francis:"Fukk it, I already preordered my tickets. Paid too much on that Imax 3D to back out now :wow:"

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
Why is it everytime a DC movie gets mad reviews some posters always pop up to call the reviewers and people that agree with the reviewers mindless sheep? The critics said BVS sucked, I went and saw it, and I agreed it sucked. I fell asleep 3 times in the theater and didn't even finish watching the extended DVD

This is not even just a comic book movie thing, this goes for all movies. How are you going to say you hate or enjoy something without even seeing it?

There are movies that have low percentages on RT that I love and there is movies with high percentages that I hate. People are sheep when they determine all their emotions about a movie is firstly based on critics.

So, when I come back from the movies on friday that is when I will see if I agree with the critics or not.Plus, its a dam website for sakes, those 36 or 37 people dont count for the masses that are seeing the movie.

Also why is their opinion more valid than mines or yours and when did they opinions turn into facts???

Last edited:

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Empire, probably the most respected movie magazine have given it 4 out of 5 :yeshrug:

I trust them

Suicide Squad Review
ndlQ2Cuc3cjTL7lTynw6I4boP4S.jpg
Dan Jolin

Last updated: 2 Aug 2016 17:01

• Release date
    5 Aug 2016
  • Certificate
  • Running time
    123 minutes
  • Movie
    Suicide Squad

Machiavellian government agent Amanda Waller (Viola Davis) has a plan to deal with the sudden, Superman-heralded “metahuman” threat to the world: coerce the globe’s deadliest bad guys into an emergency super-team. And when Midway City becomes the ravaged heart of a plot to extinguish humanity, that’s exactly what she does, with expectedly unexpected results.

★★★★★

If Marvel has the best superheroes, so the prevailing geek-logic goes, then DC has the coolest villains. So it’s only sensible they’re finally placed front, centre and in the firing line. Filling its entire super-team with previously unseen antagonists, Suicide Squad represents a Flash-speed sprint of a catch-up for the rapidly forming DC Cinematic Universe. And, on that front at least, it’s a real hoot.

Deadshot, “the most wanted hitman in the world”, is delivered with heat-of-the-action poise and a generous side order of sass by Will Smith, who couldn’t look happier stepping back from his above-the-title dominance to join this motley ensemble and coolly put bullets in brains.

Then there’s Harley Quinn, the Jokerette, if you like; though “crazier than him, and more dangerous”, we’re warned. Margot Robbie, skipping daintily about in pants hotter than hell’s sauna, isn’t quite allowed to completely steal this show — but she certainly borrows it from time to time, and repays you with enough interest to make that mooted Harley stand-alone an enticement.
Suicide%20Squad%206.jpg

Plus, among others, we have the tinnie-swigging, stick-hurling Captain Boomerang, which finally sees Jai Courtney flexing his rough charisma on screen; and flame-moulding gang-banger Diablo, the team’s unlikely conscience in the impressively intense, tat-etched form of Jay Hernandez.

Margot Robbie isn’t quite allowed to completely steal this show — but she certainly borrows it from time to time.

It’s quite the roll call. And, despite the rich material, director David Ayer is a brave man to marshal this Dirty Half-ish-Dozen. Thinking he was making the “funny, smart-talking, cool little brother” to Batman v Superman, he found himself tasked with turning back the wave of negativity that smashed Zack Snyder’s Dawn Of Justice.

More used to spelunking in the man-caves of the testosteronic psyche with the likes of End Of Watch and 2014’s underrated war movie Fury, Ayer might seem an unlikely candidate to rescue a comic-book blockbuster series, but, like his unpredictable, mismatched characters, he pulls it off with gritty-flashy aplomb.

Suicide%20Squad%207.jpg

Well, for the most part. Whatever the truth behind the reasons for additional shooting (standard procedure, or last-minute Deadpool-style humour injection?) you can’t help but inhale the sweaty waft of 11th-hour scrambling in what proves to be a scrappy final edit. False starts, oddly placed flashbacks, clunky cameos (Ben Affleck’s Batman, Ezra Miller’s Flash) and a muddled chronology detract from the grungy, kooky DayGlo-splashed fun, and it takes a good 45 minutes (plus the mystifyingly late introduction of what turns out to be one complete non-event of a character) for the set-up to stop flapping and the action proper to kick in. Also, in striving to find a threat deadly enough to warrant asking bad guys to save the world, the film’s answer is less than satisfying. We get little more than just another posturing villain with vague plans for world domination via a big, swirling mass of CGI.

Still, at least elsewhere there’s a proper bad guy to chew on. Though only a wild card, occasionally capering in and out of the main plot, Jared Leto’s incarnation of the Joker is essential to its success. Where Heath Ledger’s version was scarred, shabby and countercultural, Leto’s has a smooth, blingy gangsta swagger; a modern take on the way the original comic-book creation riffed on ’30s mobsters. But it’s not his swish, purring style and elegant, slo-mo cackle that really hooks you, it’s something we’ve never seen before: the Joker in love. Here’s a fascinatingly jagged new angle (cinematically at least). It’s unsettling and compelling — almost enough to make you wish it were more than a subplot.

But there’s more to come, surely? Judging by what Ayer’s pulled off here, you can bet there will be.

Like Avengers Assemble forced through a Deadpool mangle, Suicide Squad gives new life to DC’s big-screen universe. So bad-to-the-bone it’s good.

★★★★★
Suicide Squad

Suicide Squad
Well that's a nice review they can put in some marketing magic so they won't at least have to post up tweets to hype up the movie post release

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Man, I'm sick and tired of seeing your tiresome threads in the film room. shyt is getting real annoying. Stop dikk riding so hard. You look pathetic. :scust:

<blocks OP>