Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
It definitely is, although most of that is due to China. Business wise of course all WB cares about is money at the end of the day. Still all these critical failures coming after the critically acclaimed Nolan trilogy is not a good look.
DCEU is not popping in china like that

EnzoG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
HOUS-e-
somone has to think there's an agenda being pushed here with DC movies the only 2 movies i'd consider trash from DC i'm not even counting (Batman and Robin) is Green Lantern and Superman Returns since then DC movies have been good at best we gone see Friday

Jacaveli The Don

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#NarcissistGang
Empire, probably the most respected movie magazine have given it 4 out of 5 :yeshrug:

I trust them

Suicide Squad Review
ndlQ2Cuc3cjTL7lTynw6I4boP4S.jpg
Dan Jolin

Last updated: 2 Aug 2016 17:01

• Release date
    5 Aug 2016
  • Certificate
  • Running time
    123 minutes
  • Movie
    Suicide Squad

Machiavellian government agent Amanda Waller (Viola Davis) has a plan to deal with the sudden, Superman-heralded “metahuman” threat to the world: coerce the globe’s deadliest bad guys into an emergency super-team. And when Midway City becomes the ravaged heart of a plot to extinguish humanity, that’s exactly what she does, with expectedly unexpected results.

★★★★★

If Marvel has the best superheroes, so the prevailing geek-logic goes, then DC has the coolest villains. So it’s only sensible they’re finally placed front, centre and in the firing line. Filling its entire super-team with previously unseen antagonists, Suicide Squad represents a Flash-speed sprint of a catch-up for the rapidly forming DC Cinematic Universe. And, on that front at least, it’s a real hoot.

Deadshot, “the most wanted hitman in the world”, is delivered with heat-of-the-action poise and a generous side order of sass by Will Smith, who couldn’t look happier stepping back from his above-the-title dominance to join this motley ensemble and coolly put bullets in brains.

Then there’s Harley Quinn, the Jokerette, if you like; though “crazier than him, and more dangerous”, we’re warned. Margot Robbie, skipping daintily about in pants hotter than hell’s sauna, isn’t quite allowed to completely steal this show — but she certainly borrows it from time to time, and repays you with enough interest to make that mooted Harley stand-alone an enticement.
Suicide%20Squad%206.jpg

Plus, among others, we have the tinnie-swigging, stick-hurling Captain Boomerang, which finally sees Jai Courtney flexing his rough charisma on screen; and flame-moulding gang-banger Diablo, the team’s unlikely conscience in the impressively intense, tat-etched form of Jay Hernandez.

Margot Robbie isn’t quite allowed to completely steal this show — but she certainly borrows it from time to time.

It’s quite the roll call. And, despite the rich material, director David Ayer is a brave man to marshal this Dirty Half-ish-Dozen. Thinking he was making the “funny, smart-talking, cool little brother” to Batman v Superman, he found himself tasked with turning back the wave of negativity that smashed Zack Snyder’s Dawn Of Justice.

More used to spelunking in the man-caves of the testosteronic psyche with the likes of End Of Watch and 2014’s underrated war movie Fury, Ayer might seem an unlikely candidate to rescue a comic-book blockbuster series, but, like his unpredictable, mismatched characters, he pulls it off with gritty-flashy aplomb.

Suicide%20Squad%207.jpg

Well, for the most part. Whatever the truth behind the reasons for additional shooting (standard procedure, or last-minute Deadpool-style humour injection?) you can’t help but inhale the sweaty waft of 11th-hour scrambling in what proves to be a scrappy final edit. False starts, oddly placed flashbacks, clunky cameos (Ben Affleck’s Batman, Ezra Miller’s Flash) and a muddled chronology detract from the grungy, kooky DayGlo-splashed fun, and it takes a good 45 minutes (plus the mystifyingly late introduction of what turns out to be one complete non-event of a character) for the set-up to stop flapping and the action proper to kick in. Also, in striving to find a threat deadly enough to warrant asking bad guys to save the world, the film’s answer is less than satisfying. We get little more than just another posturing villain with vague plans for world domination via a big, swirling mass of CGI.

Still, at least elsewhere there’s a proper bad guy to chew on. Though only a wild card, occasionally capering in and out of the main plot, Jared Leto’s incarnation of the Joker is essential to its success. Where Heath Ledger’s version was scarred, shabby and countercultural, Leto’s has a smooth, blingy gangsta swagger; a modern take on the way the original comic-book creation riffed on ’30s mobsters. But it’s not his swish, purring style and elegant, slo-mo cackle that really hooks you, it’s something we’ve never seen before: the Joker in love. Here’s a fascinatingly jagged new angle (cinematically at least). It’s unsettling and compelling — almost enough to make you wish it were more than a subplot.

But there’s more to come, surely? Judging by what Ayer’s pulled off here, you can bet there will be.

Like Avengers Assemble forced through a Deadpool mangle, Suicide Squad gives new life to DC’s big-screen universe. So bad-to-the-bone it’s good.

★★★★★
Suicide Squad

Suicide Squad

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
no one ever says "go see a film for yourself and stop believing critics" when a movie is getting good reviews...

(maybe Ghostbusters actually, b/c any positivity for that was fukkin forced and flat out wrong. that movie is hot garbage)
When a movie is getting good reviews by critics people still say that breh....You always have to form your own opinion. :francis:

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
somone has to think there's an agenda being pushed here with DC movies the only 2 movies i'd consider trash from DC i'm not even counting (Batman and Robin) is Green Lantern and Superman Returns since then DC movies have been good at best we gone see Friday
green lantern suck too, thats about three in the row

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
I saw the force awakens for myself and it was hot garbage

I also saw thor 2 iron man 3 and age of ultron for myself and they were all complete trash.

Critics hold 0 weight to reality. Man on fire one of my favorite films. Trashed by critics though :mjlol:

If you letting other people decide what you like you lost at life.

I actually fell asleep in the theater watching that shyt :wow:

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Its kinda crazy, how people are so invested in these critics reviews like they don't have a mind of their own.

:snoop:
I liked movies that critics have smashed, I also hated movies that critics have liked. Don't understand this sheep mentality that is going on.

The same shyt happens with video games on IGN, shyt is pitiful to look at.:francis:
Because my taste in movies typically correlates with critics'. :manny: Not always (I love MOS for example)

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i know that but WB allowed Snyder to set the tone with BvS

so now with Suicide Squad being the next film after BvS, Snyder's fingerprints are on this in terms of setting the table.

Describe "set the tone".... because if you want to be real technical, it was Goyer that came up with Man of Steel, pitched it to Nolan... THEN Snyder came on. Yes, BvS was all Snyder if you meant by that, but Ayers directed and wrote this ON HIS OWN... and supposedly the tone of this movie is totally different from BvS or MoS. It's not a serious movie to behind with or depressing or anything that been complained about with Snyder.... it's almost the opposite and it's still being bashed... It's really no way DC can win in this no matter what they do.

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box