Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

fukkyalifestyle

Superstar
Daps
SUICIDE SQUAD'S CARA DELEVINGNE ON HOW ENCHANTRESS KILLS PEOPLE
"...with my bare hands."ANTHONY COUTOSuicide Squad’s Enchantress, model-turned-actress Cara Delevingne, has opened up about her character’s killer moves in the film, and recalls her disappointment over losing the title role in Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland movie.

Speaking to Time, Delevingne hyped the upcoming David Ayer-directed supervillain flick, saying, “[Suicide Squad] is going to be freakin’ awesome,” and went on to tease, “I kill people with my bare hands.”

The actress-model revealed that for her Suicide Squad audition director David Ayerasked her to perform the character of Martha from Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?, a role that she had played in a school production. But Ayer told her to forget everything she knew about the character and try reading it enough different ways that Delevingne wanted to "beat people up" by the end of the audition.

Delevingne told Time how she’s been modeling to pay for acting training, with the intention of one day acting as a full-time gig – that is, only if her characters are strong: “Everyone tried to typecast [me] as the dumb blond model or the girl who gets killed…I take what roles I do very seriously. I always want to portray a strong female. Acting roles for women are usually less strong and, like, bleeding hearts.”

Comic-Con Preview - Rewind Theater
18:03

Before her days as a DC Comics supervillain, Delevingne was up for the lead role in Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland, which ultimately went to Mia Wasikowska. Delevingne called the missed opportunity "the worst rejection I’ve ever gotten,” adding, “I didn’t get over that for, like, three years." She decided to stay in school and postpone her foray into acting until recently.

Head over to Time for the full interview with Delevingne, where she shares some strong words for haters…

Suicide Squad hits screens August 5, 2016.

Suicide Squad Star Says Superhero Movies "Totally Sexist" - IGN News
00:45

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I'll say a Jason Todd Joker would make for an interesting Elseworlds story, but it's way too convoluted to do in a Suicide Squad movie.

Matter of fact, I wouldn't expect too much Joker in this, since I suspect he's only in this for Harley's backstory. The movie probably opens with Harley being captured as Joker sacrifices her (Bats riding the roof of the car scene) and through flashbacks we'll find out how she became Harley. At least, I wouldn't spend too much time on the Joker and risk underselling the Suicide Squad itself by stealing the show from them.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I'm not sure how this is even a theory. So he has a bird tat? It might be a Robin? Who the fukk cares? He might have gotten it because he KILLED Robin. The less we know about Joker the better. He doesn't need a fukking backstory. I didn't even like Batman '89 having him as a former mob boss. I'd rather not know where the fukk he came.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
download.jpg
63e0a8e60c11c5458fb68b51eac2d419.jpg

A fan theory that has persisted for some time on the internet has been given new life with the release of new trailers for both Batman v. Superman and Suicide Squad. It centers around the controversial new Joker, played by Jared Leto, and actually explains a lot about why this version of the character is so different than what we've seen before.

According to Jason-G169 over on Reddit, our new Joker is none other than Jason Todd. In case you're not familiar with the character, Jason was Batman's rash, foolhardy sidekick that took over the mantle of Robin after dikk Grayson left the Batcave to become Nightwing.

Famously, it did not end well for this new Robin.

download.jpg
1909217ca490d3db3c9dcaef1801f234.jpg

In the comics, the Joker murders Jason Todd (at the behest of a twisted fan vote), and Batman subsequently spent years mourning over his loss and his failure as a guardian and father figure. When Jason Todd came back decades later, because it's comic books, he looked very different. And somehow, still familiar...

download.jpg
717ad35a1746cf12bb8ce5bb10bf69d6.jpg

In the Batman comic classic The Killing Joke, we find out that the Joker was tricked into becoming the Z-list villain the Red Hood, right before he fell into the vat of acid that transformed him into the Clown Prince of Crime. Though the Joker discarded that moniker, Jason took up the title of Red Hood after his own resurrection. Point being, the fan theory about Jared Leto's Joker has precedence, because Jason Todd has a built-in history of taking the Joker's identity.

The Joker being a former Robin gives us a whole new dynamic with the archrivals' relationship. As mentioned earlier, it would also give us a reasonable explanation as to why Leto's Joker looks like a god damned juggalo.

download.jpg
6b70d8d2060b33dfd2f1db8ff45411ee.jpg

The thought of the kind of Joker we're normally familiar with, sitting down in a tattoo parlor for hours, days on end to get all that ink is frankly a little bit laughable. But what if each tattoo wasn't for the Joker, but for Batman? Sure, the J on his cheek could stand for "Joker," if this guy is super into personal branding, but what if it's a reminder that he's stillJason? An even more blatant message is scrawled on his right arm, where we can see a few feathers of what is presumably a tattoo of a bird -- probably a robin. You could extrapolate meaning from every tattoo; does the skull in a jester hat make sense if Joker ripped it off of a poison POG from the 90s, or might it represent Jason Todd's "death" and rebirth into the maniacal jester as shown in Suicide Squad?

If we've learned anything from years of movies, comics and video games, it's that you shouldn't put anything past the Joker when it comes to messing with Batman.

download.jpg
3b790a1b92dabcf36b41f886a3da88b1.jpg

This quick shot in the Batman v. Superman trailer shows us what appears to be the Joker's defacement of a Robin statue: "The Joke's on you BATMAN." What's the joke here? Could it be that Batman's greatest ally turned into his greatest enemy, driven crazy by the Dark Knight's failure to save his sidekick from the original Joker? It might make sense, given what we see Ben Affleck's Bruce Wayne reading on his paper:

download.jpg
32cdcaf7561eb386192140d1f04d94bb.jpg

This "new" Joker seems to know about Bruce Wayne's past. The family in this case could refer to a lot of things, from the murders of Thomas and Martha Wayne, to the untimely "death" of Jason Todd, to this alleged HUGE LEAKED SPOILER from Batman v. Superman. Hell, the message directly recalls the comic storyline A Death in the Family, the very same arc in which Jason Todd dies.

I was :patrice: until I remembered that Robin becoming The Joker plays into 'Dark Knight Strikes Again'.

It's not without precedent, but its a massive chance to take :yeshrug:

But it would be enough to turn a good man....cruel :sas1:

Then there's that headstone that popped up in the set photos. :lupe:

But I could be completely wrong :manny:

Last edited:

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
This is the nicest I've ever seen the Coli:russ:. Everywhere else I've looked the trailer has had mixed reviews. The Coli is overwhelmingly positive about this trailer. Very surprising

Coming from Uproxx, all they did was bytch about Joker's look and complain about it being the same ol' Will Smith.

I just watched assault on Arkham. Do tall think I just low key spoiled suicide squad for my self? :francis:

Nope. The good thing about SS is if it's successful, they can just pull different villains from the DC universe to join the squad.

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
Coming from Uproxx, all they did was bytch about Joker's look and complain about it being the same ol' Will Smith.

Nope. The good thing about SS is if it's successful, they can just pull different villains from the DC universe to join the squad.

It ain't like deadshot is mr personality anyways though

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
download.jpg

download.jpg
6b70d8d2060b33dfd2f1db8ff45411ee.jpg

The thought of the kind of Joker we're normally familiar with, sitting down in a tattoo parlor for hours, days on end to get all that ink is frankly a little bit laughable. But what if each tattoo wasn't for the Joker, but for Batman? Sure, the J on his cheek could stand for "Joker," if this guy is super into personal branding, but what if it's a reminder that he's stillJason? .

First thing that popped up in my mind when I read this was

BATMAN%25E2%2584%25A2_%2BARKHAM%2BKNIGHT_20150626081107.jpg

In the recently released Arkham Knight game, Jason Todd has a J branded on his face EXACTLY where the Joker has his J tattoo in this movie :merchant:

Last edited: