Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
To be fair, we've seen a bunch of the B vs S in the earlier trailer. This is the first time SS has had anything dropped by the studio.

I think it was smart of WB to let the public boost the anticipation for it as well, by not freaking out over fan footage. It's not the best known comic book property, but it has a 'movie of the people' feel to it right now, because most of the scoops on it were readily accessible by (and sometimes unavoidable to) the general public.
You have a trailer with tons of action as well as well known heroes with Bats, Supes and WW. And then you have SS with cool visuals but let's keep it trill no one says or does anything too compelling in that trailer. I'm surprised.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
You have a trailer with tons of action as well as well known heroes with Bats, Supes and WW. And then you have SS with cool visuals but let's keep it trill no one says or does anything too compelling in that trailer. I'm surprised.

It's new hotness breh..like I said, we've seen batman, we've seen superman but suicide squad is something new. There are no villain team movies and its introducing new aspects along with the Will Smith draw and the Harley Quinn draw. It doesn't surprise me that its overtaken batman v superman; it's an interesting concept and it's got that joker reveal too

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
You lost me breh..what you talking?

timestamp 2:20.
they show batman on the back of a car turning the corner. then it cuts to Harley inside the/a car saying I hope you got insurance... If they from the same scene and sense its a lambo (i think) i gonna assuem its Bruce's car (for my argument) it means she knows Bruce its BAtman ..

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
they show batman on the back of a car turning the corner. then it cuts to Harley inside the/a car saying I hope you got insurance... If they from the same scene and sense its a lambo (i think) i gonna assuem its Bruce's car (for my argument) it means she knows Bruce its BAtman ..

Joker is driving the car though so isn't she talking to him knowing that some shyt is going to happen and its just a throwaway line?

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL

No, the on set photos show Joker and Harley in the car driving away from the Batmobile then Bats ends up on the roof. It's Joker's car btw

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
DAMN ... well it sounded good in head...

Shouldve said something like I hope Bats got insurance
Especially with the JT joker speculation

I think the JT joker speculation is just on the net breh and nothing at all that the filmmakers are thinking about or were thinking about lol. But also if its jokers car and batman is on top of the roof, he's the one who'd need insurance because she believes the car is about to be destroyed

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
It's new hotness breh..like I said, we've seen batman, we've seen superman but suicide squad is something new. There are no villain team movies and its introducing new aspects along with the Will Smith draw and the Harley Quinn draw. It doesn't surprise me that its overtaken batman v superman; it's an interesting concept and it's got that joker reveal too
If that's the case it should be over Age of Ultron to. There is nothing but heroes we have seen before in that trailer and in has nearly double the views of SS.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I think the JT joker speculation is just on the net breh and nothing at all that the filmmakers are thinking about or were thinking about lol. But also if its jokers car and batman is on top of the roof, he's the one who'd need insurance because she believes the car is about to be destroyed

I agree ...

But to make it a none throwaway line my idea is JT probably stole it from (JT's mentor)....
Since BAts is on top they know its gonna get F'ed up and she says I hope Bruce got inurance and they laugh.. or she says I hope you got insurance to Joker and he says something like I dont but Bruce does and then laughs

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
If that's the case it should be over Age of Ultron to. There is nothing but heroes we have seen before in that trailer and in has nearly double the views of SS.

I wouldn't even compare a marvel trailer to a dc trailer at this point simply due to the fact that DC is trying to get to where Marvel is when it comes to movies at this point, so they have a bigger install base, same base that DC is trying to get and trying to garner the same amount of goodwill. So it's an apples and oranges comparison right now. So like the article said, you're comparing a very young franchise (in terms of this generation of DC films) to seasoned ones like star wars and marvel, which have become film brands. Suicide Squad has something that the other movie doesn't and again..it has the joker and harley and Will. It really shouldn't surprise anyone that it's overtaken batman v superman. If anything, it means that they potentially have two hit movies on their hands and should make them feel better about suicide squad. Seems like a win-win to me breh. I know you hate superman but damn :deadrose:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I wouldn't even compare a marvel trailer to a dc trailer at this point simply due to the fact that DC is trying to get to where Marvel is when it comes to movies at this point, so they have a bigger install base, same base that DC is trying to get and trying to garner the same amount of goodwill. So it's an apples and oranges comparison right now. So like the article said, you're comparing a very young franchise (in terms of this generation of DC films) to seasoned ones like star wars and marvel, which have become film brands. Suicide Squad has something that the other movie doesn't and again..it has the joker and harley and Will. It really shouldn't surprise anyone that it's overtaken batman v superman. If anything, it means that they potentially have two hit movies on their hands and should make them feel better about suicide squad. Seems like a win-win to me breh. I know you hate superman but damn :deadrose:
This isn't about my individual hate of Superman, I also think his popularity is at an all time low right now. You saying this isn't evidence? I respectfully disagree. All your points are well taken but I think that also has something to do with it.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
This isn't about my individual hate of Superman, I also think his popularity is at an all time low right now. You saying this isn't evidence? I respectfully disagree. All your points are well taken but I think that also has something to do with it.
Disagree completely. Supermans popularity was the lowest when superman returns dropped. That movie didnt resonate with ANYBODY. Nobody wanted that shyt. It was terrible.

Man Of Steel completely reinvigorated the character publicly. Hes bigger now then hes been in a long time. Even the people who claimed they hate mos cant stop discussing it,years after release.

Youtube trailer viewers are not box office receipts. Bvs will easily do a billion. SS is being watched because of Leto as joker. Joker is bigger than most heros. Matter of fact a joker solo film would clean up at the box office.