Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I really doubt the joker is robin so that means in this universe there is no joker? that dont make no sense
Not saying I buy this theory but it could be that Jason was the second Joker which would explain his unconventional look.
So the first Joker beats Jason Todd almost to death and then brainwashes him; OG Joker dies in battle with Batman; Jason Todd takes on the mantle of The Joker and becomes Batman's new arch-nemesis.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Not saying I buy this theory but it could be that Jason was the second Joker which would explain his unconventional look.
So the first Joker beats Jason Todd almost to death and then brainwashes him; OG Joker dies in battle with Batman; Jason Todd takes on the mantle of The Joker and becomes Batman's new arch-nemesis.

no need for all of that. Keep it straightforward.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

So "Todd Joker" happens before Harleen becomes Harley Quinn?
Nah, not sure thats a good idea.

I do like that the Thomas Wayne death scene for BvS has an alternate where

him and his wife live and it sets up a Flashpoint Paradox. The wife becomes the new Joker. Have to wait a few years for when the Flash movies take off..

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
download.jpg
63e0a8e60c11c5458fb68b51eac2d419.jpg

A fan theory that has persisted for some time on the internet has been given new life with the release of new trailers for both Batman v. Superman and Suicide Squad. It centers around the controversial new Joker, played by Jared Leto, and actually explains a lot about why this version of the character is so different than what we've seen before.

According to Jason-G169 over on Reddit, our new Joker is none other than Jason Todd. In case you're not familiar with the character, Jason was Batman's rash, foolhardy sidekick that took over the mantle of Robin after dikk Grayson left the Batcave to become Nightwing.

Famously, it did not end well for this new Robin.

download.jpg
1909217ca490d3db3c9dcaef1801f234.jpg

In the comics, the Joker murders Jason Todd (at the behest of a twisted fan vote), and Batman subsequently spent years mourning over his loss and his failure as a guardian and father figure. When Jason Todd came back decades later, because it's comic books, he looked very different. And somehow, still familiar...

download.jpg
717ad35a1746cf12bb8ce5bb10bf69d6.jpg

In the Batman comic classic The Killing Joke, we find out that the Joker was tricked into becoming the Z-list villain the Red Hood, right before he fell into the vat of acid that transformed him into the Clown Prince of Crime. Though the Joker discarded that moniker, Jason took up the title of Red Hood after his own resurrection. Point being, the fan theory about Jared Leto's Joker has precedence, because Jason Todd has a built-in history of taking the Joker's identity.

The Joker being a former Robin gives us a whole new dynamic with the archrivals' relationship. As mentioned earlier, it would also give us a reasonable explanation as to why Leto's Joker looks like a god damned juggalo.

download.jpg
6b70d8d2060b33dfd2f1db8ff45411ee.jpg

The thought of the kind of Joker we're normally familiar with, sitting down in a tattoo parlor for hours, days on end to get all that ink is frankly a little bit laughable. But what if each tattoo wasn't for the Joker, but for Batman? Sure, the J on his cheek could stand for "Joker," if this guy is super into personal branding, but what if it's a reminder that he's stillJason? An even more blatant message is scrawled on his right arm, where we can see a few feathers of what is presumably a tattoo of a bird -- probably a robin. You could extrapolate meaning from every tattoo; does the skull in a jester hat make sense if Joker ripped it off of a poison POG from the 90s, or might it represent Jason Todd's "death" and rebirth into the maniacal jester as shown in Suicide Squad?

If we've learned anything from years of movies, comics and video games, it's that you shouldn't put anything past the Joker when it comes to messing with Batman.

download.jpg
3b790a1b92dabcf36b41f886a3da88b1.jpg

This quick shot in the Batman v. Superman trailer shows us what appears to be the Joker's defacement of a Robin statue: "The Joke's on you BATMAN." What's the joke here? Could it be that Batman's greatest ally turned into his greatest enemy, driven crazy by the Dark Knight's failure to save his sidekick from the original Joker? It might make sense, given what we see Ben Affleck's Bruce Wayne reading on his paper:

download.jpg
32cdcaf7561eb386192140d1f04d94bb.jpg

This "new" Joker seems to know about Bruce Wayne's past. The family in this case could refer to a lot of things, from the murders of Thomas and Martha Wayne, to the untimely "death" of Jason Todd, to this alleged HUGE LEAKED SPOILER from Batman v. Superman. Hell, the message directly recalls the comic storyline A Death in the Family, the very same arc in which Jason Todd dies.
:what: Too much reaching. Not a horrible idea, but let's just keep this as regular Joker. The tats don't bother me, though I could def see this Joker as a new Joker in the Batman Beyond universe.

I'd rather have Red Hood make an appearance.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
The more I look at it. In the scene where the joker seems to torture Harley I don't think he's doing it just to hurt her. I think he's either saving her life or helping her in some way. It looks like arkum gets taken over by some group but then the joker gets his goons to come in. Harley is poisoned or something and the only way to save her is through extreme pain or is extremely painful. she's confused and thinks jokers gonna kill her. He just gets a kick out of it but shes sees it as him finally caring for her and and that's what triggers her complete devotion to him.
:what:

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Reads like fan fiction amiright? :russ:

As crazy as the joker is, he does things with a underlying purpose. Joker has been known to torture people but he doesn't torture just for the sake of torturing.

People read the trailer like everything is spelt out when you know thats not how the movie is going to be played out.