Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yeah I stopped going there and switched back to slashfilm

I lean more towards collider lately. The thing that gets to me about any of these sites, specifically a site like screen rant or io9, is when they act as if they speak for everyone. So when they say a certain movie came out and "everyone loved it" or "everyone hated it" or "we were all floored" etc, that shyt irks me. You don't speak for me, nikka:ufdup: watch your mouth

Daps
Reppin
Yeah
I lean more towards collider lately. The thing that gets to me about any of these sites, specifically a site like screen rant or io9, is when they act as if they speak for everyone. So when they say a certain movie came out and "everyone loved it" or "everyone hated it" or "we were all floored" etc, that shyt irks me. You don't speak for me, nikka:ufdup: watch your mouth
:ohhh: good point I never looked at it that way. That shyt irks me too

KingDanz

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
GeGfIPz.gif
what animated movie is this?

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
The music for this trailer gives me the creeps, thats some shyt they should play before a vietnam/ troops in iraq flick

Max.

Banned
WOAT
Daps
download.jpg
63e0a8e60c11c5458fb68b51eac2d419.jpg

A fan theory that has persisted for some time on the internet has been given new life with the release of new trailers for both Batman v. Superman and Suicide Squad. It centers around the controversial new Joker, played by Jared Leto, and actually explains a lot about why this version of the character is so different than what we've seen before.

According to Jason-G169 over on Reddit, our new Joker is none other than Jason Todd. In case you're not familiar with the character, Jason was Batman's rash, foolhardy sidekick that took over the mantle of Robin after dikk Grayson left the Batcave to become Nightwing.

Famously, it did not end well for this new Robin.

download.jpg
1909217ca490d3db3c9dcaef1801f234.jpg

In the comics, the Joker murders Jason Todd (at the behest of a twisted fan vote), and Batman subsequently spent years mourning over his loss and his failure as a guardian and father figure. When Jason Todd came back decades later, because it's comic books, he looked very different. And somehow, still familiar...

download.jpg
717ad35a1746cf12bb8ce5bb10bf69d6.jpg

In the Batman comic classic The Killing Joke, we find out that the Joker was tricked into becoming the Z-list villain the Red Hood, right before he fell into the vat of acid that transformed him into the Clown Prince of Crime. Though the Joker discarded that moniker, Jason took up the title of Red Hood after his own resurrection. Point being, the fan theory about Jared Leto's Joker has precedence, because Jason Todd has a built-in history of taking the Joker's identity.

The Joker being a former Robin gives us a whole new dynamic with the archrivals' relationship. As mentioned earlier, it would also give us a reasonable explanation as to why Leto's Joker looks like a god damned juggalo.

download.jpg
6b70d8d2060b33dfd2f1db8ff45411ee.jpg

The thought of the kind of Joker we're normally familiar with, sitting down in a tattoo parlor for hours, days on end to get all that ink is frankly a little bit laughable. But what if each tattoo wasn't for the Joker, but for Batman? Sure, the J on his cheek could stand for "Joker," if this guy is super into personal branding, but what if it's a reminder that he's stillJason? An even more blatant message is scrawled on his right arm, where we can see a few feathers of what is presumably a tattoo of a bird -- probably a robin. You could extrapolate meaning from every tattoo; does the skull in a jester hat make sense if Joker ripped it off of a poison POG from the 90s, or might it represent Jason Todd's "death" and rebirth into the maniacal jester as shown in Suicide Squad?

If we've learned anything from years of movies, comics and video games, it's that you shouldn't put anything past the Joker when it comes to messing with Batman.

download.jpg
3b790a1b92dabcf36b41f886a3da88b1.jpg

This quick shot in the Batman v. Superman trailer shows us what appears to be the Joker's defacement of a Robin statue: "The Joke's on you BATMAN." What's the joke here? Could it be that Batman's greatest ally turned into his greatest enemy, driven crazy by the Dark Knight's failure to save his sidekick from the original Joker? It might make sense, given what we see Ben Affleck's Bruce Wayne reading on his paper:

download.jpg
32cdcaf7561eb386192140d1f04d94bb.jpg

This "new" Joker seems to know about Bruce Wayne's past. The family in this case could refer to a lot of things, from the murders of Thomas and Martha Wayne, to the untimely "death" of Jason Todd, to this alleged HUGE LEAKED SPOILER from Batman v. Superman. Hell, the message directly recalls the comic storyline A Death in the Family, the very same arc in which Jason Todd dies.

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
download.jpg

A fan theory that has persisted for some time on the internet has been given new life with the release of new trailers for both Batman v. Superman and Suicide Squad. It centers around the controversial new Joker, played by Jared Leto, and actually explains a lot about why this version of the character is so different than what we've seen before.

According to Jason-G169 over on Reddit, our new Joker is none other than Jason Todd. In case you're not familiar with the character, Jason was Batman's rash, foolhardy sidekick that took over the mantle of Robin after dikk Grayson left the Batcave to become Nightwing.

download.jpg

In the comics, the Joker murders Jason Todd (at the behest of a twisted fan vote), and Batman subsequently spent years mourning over his loss and his failure as a guardian and father figure. When Jason Todd came back decades later, because it's comic books, he looked very different. And somehow, still familiar...

download.jpg

In the Batman comic classic The Killing Joke, we find out that the Joker was tricked into becoming the Z-list villain the Red Hood, right before he fell into the vat of acid that transformed him into the Clown Prince of Crime. Though the Joker discarded that moniker, Jason took up the title of Red Hood after his own resurrection. Point being, the fan theory about Jared Leto's Joker has precedence, because Jason Todd has a built-in history of taking the Joker's identity.

The Joker being a former Robin gives us a whole new dynamic with the archrivals' relationship. As mentioned earlier, it would also give us a reasonable explanation as to why Leto's Joker looks like a god damned juggalo.

download.jpg

The thought of the kind of Joker we're normally familiar with, sitting down in a tattoo parlor for hours, days on end to get all that ink is frankly a little bit laughable. But what if each tattoo wasn't for the Joker, but for Batman? Sure, the J on his cheek could stand for "Joker," if this guy is super into personal branding, but what if it's a reminder that he's stillJason? An even more blatant message is scrawled on his right arm, where we can see a few feathers of what is presumably a tattoo of a bird -- probably a robin. You could extrapolate meaning from every tattoo; does the skull in a jester hat make sense if Joker ripped it off of a poison POG from the 90s, or might it represent Jason Todd's "death" and rebirth into the maniacal jester as shown in Suicide Squad?

If we've learned anything from years of movies, comics and video games, it's that you shouldn't put anything past the Joker when it comes to messing with Batman.

download.jpg

This quick shot in the Batman v. Superman trailer shows us what appears to be the Joker's defacement of a Robin statue: "The Joke's on you BATMAN." What's the joke here? Could it be that Batman's greatest ally turned into his greatest enemy, driven crazy by the Dark Knight's failure to save his sidekick from the original Joker? It might make sense, given what we see Ben Affleck's Bruce Wayne reading on his paper:

download.jpg

This "new" Joker seems to know about Bruce Wayne's past. The family in this case could refer to a lot of things, from the murders of Thomas and Martha Wayne, to the untimely "death" of Jason Todd, to this alleged HUGE LEAKED SPOILER from Batman v. Superman. Hell, the message directly recalls the comic storyline A Death in the Family, the very same arc in which Jason Todd dies.
:patrice::rudy::ehh::whoo::damn:

That's a unqiue and fresh look at their relationship. I can dig it

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Sounds far-fetched since every 'clue' they provide are probably just exactly what they look like, references to Joker killing Jason.

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
download.jpg

download.jpg

download.jpg

download.jpg

download.jpg

download.jpg

That's something I'd have raged about if it were a comic arc during my reading days... but in the context of an already established universe, that would be a way of keeping shyt interesting. Yeah, the idea of Mistah J chillin' in the trap getting inked up is kinda laughable, but since there's a rumor of him bumpin 2-Pac in his purple whip, this version is probably intrigued by hip-hop street culture, where previous incarnations would be in the "pull your damn pants up" brigade.

With the Joker's natural "no fukks given" approach, I can see how this version of his evolution would be to go this tatted thug route, but the thought of it being Jason Todd... that just gives my stannery shivers :wow: