Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Will needs to just do
Talkin domestically breh not internationally and EVEN then, I'm talking his last movies..don't sit there and try to incept After Earth out your head

So we're not talking After Earth?? and lets take into account that MIB 3 cost 215 from a production standpoint plus another couple 100 mil in promo. The studio wasn't TOO thrilled with the returns is what I'm getting at especially from a domestic standpoint. When the movie doesn't make what the studio expected, they consider it a disappointment.

I am Legend was in 07 man and Hancock was in 08. MIB 3 wasn't as huge as they bet it would be especially in this country when it makes less than its budget by a longshot and After Earth was a flop. If Will really felt how you all feel, he wouldn't be talking to WB right now. Deadline and The Hollywood Reporter aren't some tabloid rags just trying to get hits, these are connected industry publications

What movies have Will SMith opened in the last 6 years? "MIB 3" and "After Earth"? 2 movies. Regardless of what you feel the studio felt, you can't say MIB 3 was a flop, if you wanna bring in budgets than you can say 1st "Captain America" and "Thor" films underperformed as well as "Man of Steel" which cost over 200 Million and made 665. MIB III was a hit movie. So even if you wanna put "After Earth" on Will even though he didn't have the most dialog and wasn't on screen as much as Jaden then fine. Will is only 1/1 far from someone who's flopping left and right and can't open a movie.

As for "Suicide Squad", I never said he won't do it, I said they won't pay him 20 Million, If he takes it, he will be taking a pay cut. I also said he would be taking a step back cause he has sure fire hits that are in the pipeline if he does them. "Suicide Squad" is in interesting comic and I like David Ayers, I'm not saying it can't be a good movie but Will is taking a bigger risk if he does this over the sequels he has in the pipeline. He already turned down "ID4 part II" which was a guarenteed Billion Dollar Worldwide movie if he did it.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I got money that says he'll bytch out. I don't see Will Smith anywhere near this project.
It depends on what line up they use I mean he could be black manta , he could be bronze tiger black spider or even a black Rick flag

HarlemUSA

Lightbringer and Azor Ahai
Supporter
Daps
Gal as wonder woman is suspect. I need to see that audition tape.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Will needs to just do

What movies have Will SMith opened in the last 6 years? "MIB 3" and "After Earth"? 2 movies. Regardless of what you feel the studio felt, you can't say MIB 3 was a flop, if you wanna bring in budgets than you can say 1st "Captain America" and "Thor" films underperformed as well as "Man of Steel" which cost over 200 Million and made 665. MIB III was a hit movie. So even if you wanna put "After Earth" on Will even though he didn't have the most dialog and wasn't on screen as much as Jaden then fine. Will is only 1/1 far from someone who's flopping left and right and can't open a movie.

As for "Suicide Squad", I never said he won't do it, I said they won't pay him 20 Million, If he takes it, he will be taking a pay cut. I also said he would be taking a step back cause he has sure fire hits that are in the pipeline if he does them. "Suicide Squad" is in interesting comic and I like David Ayers, I'm not saying it can't be a good movie but Will is taking a bigger risk if he does this over the sequels he has in the pipeline. He already turned down "ID4 part II" which was a guarenteed Billion Dollar Worldwide movie if he did it.

You may be right on he 1/1 but again perception is everything in Hollywood and you're only as good as your last movie. His last movie is after earth. And I think WB would negotiate something sweet with him to do it or maybe his asking price has gone down. It's an ensemble piece where it's not all on his shoulders so we'll see but I don't know if 20 mil is his price anymore

OG_StankBrefs

Da Spice...
Daps
Reppin
Caladan
:patrice: So dey chose Ezra Miller to play Da Flash.

a_250x375.jpg

Guess dey trynna get dat LGBT audience money too. :ld:

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
You may be right on he 1/1 but again perception is everything in Hollywood and you're only as good as your last movie. His last movie is after earth. And I think WB would negotiate something sweet with him to do it or maybe his asking price has gone down. It's an ensemble piece where it's not all on his shoulders so we'll see but I don't know if 20 mil is his price anymore

WB will probably give him some backhand points on the box office to make up for his salary. I think Will wants to do something different. He seems to be shying away from his sequels. The only real sequel people wanted from him is "Independence Day 2" and "Bad Boys III". "Hancock 2" people will see it most definitely but it wouldn't kill fans if it didn't happen. I think he did MIB III cause it was a safe landing after being out of the spotlight for so long. I still think "Bad Boys III" Happens but it's up to Michael Bay and Will Smith for it to go forward. I just don't understand what Will is doing. He needs some HITS now. He should do those quick sequels than bow out gracefully from action films.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Talkin domestically breh not internationally and EVEN then, I'm talking his last movies..don't sit there and try to incept After Earth out your head

:whoa: Will's last 3 action movies/Blockbusters (I am Legend, Hancock and Men in Black 3) with him at the forefront have made almost $2B combined

:stopitslime:

If if After Earth was just Will by himself going up against big creatures it would have been a summer hit. It was marketed as Jayden Smith film with Will in the back:scust:. That's what it was. Trailer flat out told you that and it put people including me off.

The only reason why there haven't been sequels to I Am Legend and Hancock is because Will took a break. The numbers were fine and the studios were ready to go.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:stopitslime:

If if After Earth was just Will by himself going up against big creatures it would have been a summer hit. It was marketed as Jayden Smith film with Will in the back:scust:. That's what it was. Trailer flat out told you that and it put people including me off.

The only reason why there haven't been sequels to I Am Legend and Hancock is because Will took a break. The numbers were fine and the studios were ready to go.

You're ASSUMING it would've breh. That's a lot of assumption. Again, he got top billing it's going down as a flop for him not his son. I'm telling you perception and perception is everything don't kid yourself into thinking it's not when it comes to hollywood and fans.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
WB will probably give him some backhand points on the box office to make up for his salary. I think Will wants to do something different. He seems to be shying away from his sequels. The only real sequel people wanted from him is "Independence Day 2" and "Bad Boys III". "Hancock 2" people will see it most definitely but it wouldn't kill fans if it didn't happen. I think he did MIB III cause it was a safe landing after being out of the spotlight for so long. I still think "Bad Boys III" Happens but it's up to Michael Bay and Will Smith for it to go forward. I just don't understand what Will is doing. He needs some HITS now. He should do those quick sequels than bow out gracefully from action films.

I think this has the chance of being a hit which is why he's signing on. Plus he gets the ability to say he's launching something brand new which you know he loves. He won't get the Downey deal but he'll get a nice payday

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I swear to God Will Smith makes the dumbest decisions ever smh

It just blows my mind. I love Will but "Independence Day 2" he turned down? The Biggest movie of his career and a SURE FIRE BILLION DOLLAR success? "Bad Boy III" practically has Martin begging Will to come back. As I said, even "Hancock 2" would be huge. I don't understand doing this risky niche comic book flick. Then I see the trailer for "Focus", again I don't knock him for being verstile and doing Romatic Coms but come on Will. YOU know what the people want to see you in.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It just blows my mind. I love Will but "Independence Day 2" he turned down? The Biggest movie of his career and a SURE FIRE BILLION DOLLAR success? "Bad Boy III" practically has Martin begging Will to come back. As I said, even "Hancock 2" would be huge. I don't understand doing this risky niche comic book flick. Then I see the trailer for "Focus", again I don't knock him for being verstile and doing Romatic Coms but come on Will. YOU know what the people want to see you in.

Dude is bored doing the same ole shyt. And he probably is still kicking himself for turning down Django.

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
U should go read my "Ali" thread lol

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/the-...ring-ass-mess-was-becuz-of-will-smith.257741/