Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Exactly, you'd think he'd go for John Stewart or even a Mr. Terrific, since those two are arguably the main/top black alpha males in DC...we already know about GL and Mr. Terrific is essentially the Mr. Fantastic of the current DCU. If either was what smith wanted, WB wouldn't even wait for him to finish his sentence before offering him the contract for whichever.

the idea of him wasting that just to be bronze tiger or black spider :scust:

I'd be surprised if it was black manta b/c you'd figure they'd save him for the aquaman film.

If he were to take a role in the film, deadshot would make the most sense, as that character probably caters the most to Smith's typical acting style/mannerisms.
I remember reading an interview with Smith where he was talking about not having that many action movie years left or something to that effect so being the lead in an ensemble action movie would be less of a load than being the solo lead like in a GL movie.

I doubt they'd racebend Deadshot, even for Will Smith. Bet that's the part Hardy's up for.
I agree that is why I think if Smith were to do it then it would probably be as a race bent Rick Flag.

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
besides justice league, anything batman or superman, ALL of these movies are gon have a hard time. Wonder Woman will be Elektra status, cyborg?lol... I actually look forward to aquaman, I think that could look awesome ons creen im a sucker for water movies

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Breh think about it, it's Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman. The most popular comic book characters ever all on the same screen? Already a home run before the game started

that doesn't make it an automatic grand slam. the movie could still blow. ben affleck could be a laughing stock all over again. we just don't know.

i'm sure it will make money but if it ends up getting panned it can still underperform and fail to meet expectations.

i guess it could end up being kinda like a star wars prequel situation. most people hated phantom menace but clones still made pretty decent bank in spite of it. i think movies like this may just have a built in audience regardless of how good or bad they are.

but shyt for them to start announcing SEVERAL movies like this? 5 years in advance??? that sounds like a gamble.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
that doesn't make it an automatic grand slam. the movie could still blow. ben affleck could be a laughing stock all over again. we just don't know.

i'm sure it will make money but if it ends up getting panned it can still underperform and fail to meet expectations.

i guess it could end up being kinda like a star wars prequel situation. most people hated phantom menace but clones still made pretty decent bank in spite of it. i think movies like this may just have a built in audience regardless of how good or bad they are.

but shyt for them to start announcing SEVERAL movies like this? 5 years in advance??? that sounds like a gamble.

Basically.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I wonder how that Suicide Squad movie is gonna turn out. But Cyborg :beli: they can keep that. I'm glad they are NOT doing a Flash/Green Lantern movie. They are big enough to have their shows and movies...They better not fukk up Green Lantern again! :ufdup:

Prediction time.

Batman vs Superman- ****
Suicide Squad- ** (Just based off the public's knowledge of this, they probably don't even know the squad are all villains working for the government.
Wonder Woman- ** (Honestly...I don't think anyone gives a fukk about her.)
Justice League- **** (Betta be fighting Darkseid)
The Flash- **** The tv show is piff. They CAN'T fukk UP THE MOVIE
Aquaman- ** (The Horse Lord from Game of Thrones can't act....see that Conan movie..
Shazam- ***** This shyt is going to blow people's minds... (The Rock as Black Adam...perfect casting. :whoo:)

Justice League 2- (Betta still be fighting Darkseid)

Cyborg- * (Straight to Redbox Status...It's not like I don't like the character but can ANYONE name a villain for Cyborg?)

Green Lantern- ***- Just do the Sinestro Corp War...No need to reboot the series. Start with Sinestro getting kicked out and getting the Yellow ring.

But I see WB was smart enough to keep those Lego movies on deck, along with those Harry Potter spin offs. They will be printing money...That Lego movie was great.

at the bolded .. Sinestro had the yellow ring in the credits scene... Should just start with that and have him as the main villian recruiting for his Corps..

QUESTION to everybody: What part would Will be up for in Suicide Squad .. I dont see it

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breaking: Warner Bros. has just revealed essentially its entire slate of upcoming DC Movie release dates. We’ll have much more info soon, but here’s a brief overview:

• Suicide Squad will be the first DC movie after Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, presumably coming in 2016.
  • Wonder Woman and Justice League will be released in 2017.
  • The Flash starring Ezra Miller (The Perks of Being a Wallflower) and Aquaman starring Jason Momoa will be released in 2018.
  • Shazam starring Dwayne Johnson and Justice League 2 will be released in 2019.
  • Other DC movies in the works include Cyborg, a Green Lantern reboot, and new standalone Superman and Batman movies.
More to come…

Read more at http://collider.com/dc-movie-release-dates/#usLWfc4mdYLhdDhb.99

What do the ladies and gents of the film room think?

Shazam in 2019? That better be some matrix/jurassic park level of visuals :ufdup:

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Will Smith is one of Hollywood's biggest stars, if not THE biggest, and he's going to be in a third tier ensemble film:patrice:

DC or not this seems like Wishful thinking....

They ain't giving Will 20 Million. Why do "Suicide Squad" when he came make "Hancock 2" or "Bad Boys III" and get his salary? I don't buy the Will rumors.

FLATOP

Superstar
Daps
They ain't giving Will 20 Million. Why do "Suicide Squad" when he came make "Hancock 2" or "Bad Boys III" and get his salary? I don't buy the Will rumors.

the WB ceo already said they plan to spend more than 2 billion on all tthese DC movies so i think they can afford him

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
the WB ceo already said they plan to spend more than 2 billion on all tthese DC movies so i think they can afford him

But why Suicide Squad? Will Smith is good for 100 Million carrying a franchise himself. It just makes ZERO sense that in a cinematic universe with Henry Cavil, Ben Affleck, and Gal Gadot as the leads that WILL SMITH would actually sign on for a third tier ensemble property that doesn't even have a character really suited for a spin off. Will Smith could get a John Stewart solo film if he wanted. Will Smith could get a Black Panther solo film green-lit in a heartbeat. Hell Will Smith could do Hancock 2, as his OWN original superhero and make bank...

But Suicide Squad? Of ALL properties??!??!?!?:heh:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
But why Suicide Squad? Will Smith is good for 100 Million carrying a franchise himself. It just makes ZERO sense that in a cinematic universe with Henry Cavil, Ben Affleck, and Gal Gadot as the leads that WILL SMITH would actually sign on for a third tier ensemble property that doesn't even have a character really suited for a spin off. Will Smith could get a John Stewart solo film if he wanted. Will Smith could get a Black Panther solo film green-lit in a heartbeat. Hell Will Smith could do Hancock 2, as his OWN original superhero and make bank...

But Suicide Squad? Of ALL properties??!??!?!?:heh:

When's the last time Will has had a hit though man? He's had a couple flops in a row, Men in Black is over for him and the third one didn't do as well as he or the studio expected. And I think he's at the point in his career where he wants to do interesting things more so than just get paid. Normally once an actor has a couple flops in a row or at least notices their star isn't as bright as it used to, they move on to something else to see if that can spark them and this may be the spark

Conz

Superstar
Daps
just looked up Suicide Squad. Is that Street Shark gonna be in the movie?

Also, this is clearly their attempt at Guardians - the squad no one in the general public really knows - but unlike Marvel, they don't have the faith of the general public and probably will have to spend $100 mil on cast alone. could be a huge mistake.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City

They are not going to give Will Smith 20 million for a comic book that's not even the most popular in the DC universe. They don't even know if the movie will be a success. Most of that 2 Billion is going to "Justice League"/Bats Vs Supes anyway. This isn't about "Can they afford him". This is about will the Budget for that movie be Big like that? doubt it.