Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just got back to the early showing of FURY.... GOT-DAYUM that movie is a beast! DAVID AYERS must campaign on making SUICIDE SQUAD a R-rated picture. I dunno if it's going to happen, but they picked the RIGHT director for this kind of film and a PG-13 cannot impossibly be apprpriate!

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
I'm hyped for this shyt!!
The last few Superman films were straight asscrack status. DC kept fukking up. Green Lantern was shyt. Nolan's Batman and Watchmen were the only DC films mentionable. Ok maybe The Losers wasn't too terrible.

But then the new Superman came out and it was dope as fukk
DC better keep this up:ohlawd::birdman:

I feel like it was too soon to announce the standalone batfleck films though. Should've let Bale's batman aged a little first:manny:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so here's the update from this afternoon from Deadline:

UPDATE, 4:50 PM:The Wolf Of Wall Street‘s Margot Robbie is also looking likely for Suicide Squad. It looked like she was going to star in Ghost In The Shell for DreamWorks, but those talks fizzled. I’ve heard DreamWorks has instead made a $10M offer to Scarlett Johansson, whose action price has risen to that level after Lucy and her work as Black Widow. Robbie, who stars alongside Smith in the upcoming Focus, should slip nicely into the Warner Bros film. The studio would not comment.

PREVIOUS, 4:04 PM: Warner Bros, which this week identified the DC Comics property Suicide Squad as one of its priority projects that will be released in 2016, is apparently moving aggressively on the film that will be directed by David Ayer as his follow to the Brad Pitt-starrer Fury. I’m hearing that both Will Smith and Tom Hardy are circling the film and are close to signing on. Charles Roven is producing.

The premise: A group of supervillains are brought together to tackle high-risk black ops missions for the government. This is one in the growing universe of DC properties and getting this duo would be the makings of a pretty good mission movie. Stay tuned.
teq30.gif

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Will Smith is one of Hollywood's biggest stars, if not THE biggest, and he's going to be in a third tier ensemble film:patrice:

DC or not this seems like Wishful thinking....

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i still think it's pretty crazy that the studio announced it's lineup of films 5 years in advance all on the strength of a movie that isn't even completed yet. i mean doesn't the success of this franchise hinge on BvS being an absolute home run? and what if it isn't? then what are they gonna do?

it's either a sign of great confidence or great desperation. either way time will tell. but it isn't something that should be glossed over. because if BvS doesn't go over like they hope it will then this universe is over before it even starts.
Marvel stans praying for our downfall

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
i still think it's pretty crazy that the studio announced it's lineup of films 5 years in advance all on the strength of a movie that isn't even completed yet. i mean doesn't the success of this franchise hinge on BvS being an absolute home run? and what if it isn't? then what are they gonna do?

it's either a sign of great confidence or great desperation. either way time will tell. but it isn't something that should be glossed over. because if BvS doesn't go over like they hope it will then this universe is over before it even starts.

Breh think about it, it's Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman. The most popular comic book characters ever all on the same screen? Already a home run before the game started

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Article written in 06.

http://marvel.com/news/movies/383/marvel_studios_engages_all-star_roster_for_new_film_slate

Additionally, the studio has tapped several screenwriters to pen scripts based on some of its marquee Super Hero franchises. The projects to which screenwriters are now attached and have officially begun development include Iron Man, Incredible Hulk, Ant Man, Captain America, Nick Fury and Thor. The announcement was made today by Avi Arad, Chairman of Marvel Studios.

This was two years before Iron Man, the first film in Phase One was released. They hired someone to write the script for the Avengers in 07.

Where's that Nick Fury film at though :mjpls:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I don't see any reason why Will Smith would not take a role in Suicide Squad...first off, we know if he signs he is going to be the lead so that is not even a question and he is probably looking for a new franchise to be part of because he can't go back to the Men in Black and Bad Boys well too many more times.
Now as for who he would play in the movie? The obvious choices would be Bronze Tiger or Black Spider but I think if they get him he would be a better fit for Rick Flag.

BRONZE TIGER
o9mjUYt.jpg

Bronze Tiger is one of the world's greatest martial artists, and has worked as both a hero and a villain. Having studied under the O-Sensei, he is an ally to Batman and Richard Dragon; Professor Ojo would later brainwash him into turning evil. He has been a member ofG.O.O.D., the League of Assassins and the Suicide Squad. Bronze Tiger was created byDennis O'Neil, Jim Berry and Leo Duranona; his first published appearance was in the novelDragon's Fists (1974), although his first DC Comics appearance was in Richard Dragon, Kung Fu Fighter #1. (1975)

BLACK SPIDER
2fZKrAk.jpg

Black Spider is a ruthless killer vigilante who mainly targets the drug trade. His murderous methods and willingness to let innocents die or be injured in his plans have lead him into repeated conflicts with Batman. While the Black Spider does not see himself as a villain, he is willing to team with villains to achieve his vigilante goals, or to get revenge on Batman. Black Spider first appeared in Detective Comics #463 (September 1976) and was created by Gerry Conway and Ernie Chan.

Rick Flag
JzDG9JM.png

Colonel Rick Flag, Jr. is a patriotic officer of the U.S.A, and son of Colonel Flag. Despite not possessing any special power, Flagg is a talented hand-to-hand combatant, and a gifted tactician with a profound sense of duty and patriotism.

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
Damn.. Hardy and Smith. Could be a crazy combination. It'll be pretty unlikely to bomb if they're on board. That wolf of wall street hoe might be a little outta her depth though.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I don't see any reason why Will Smith would not take a role in Suicide Squad...first off, we know if he signs he is going to be the lead so that is not even a question and he is probably looking for a new franchise to be part of because he can't go back to the Men in Black and Bad Boys well too many more times.
Now as for who he would play in the movie? The obvious choices would be Bronze Tiger or Black Spider but I think if they get him he would be a better fit for Rick Flag.

I still think he could play deadshot :whoknows:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Will Smith is one of Hollywood's biggest stars, if not THE biggest, and he's going to be in a third tier ensemble film:patrice:

DC or not this seems like Wishful thinking....

Exactly, you'd think he'd go for John Stewart or even a Mr. Terrific, since those two are arguably the main/top black alpha males in DC...we already know about GL and Mr. Terrific is essentially the Mr. Fantastic of the current DCU. If either was what smith wanted, WB wouldn't even wait for him to finish his sentence before offering him the contract for whichever.

the idea of him wasting that just to be bronze tiger or black spider :scust:

I'd be surprised if it was black manta b/c you'd figure they'd save him for the aquaman film.

If he were to take a role in the film, deadshot would make the most sense, as that character probably caters the most to Smith's typical acting style/mannerisms.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Article written in 06.

http://marvel.com/news/movies/383/marvel_studios_engages_all-star_roster_for_new_film_slate

This was two years before Iron Man, the first film in Phase One was released. They hired someone to write the script for the Avengers in 07.

Where's that Nick Fury film at though :mjpls:

i feel you but getting some scripts green lit isn't really the same as announcing release dates. if iron man had ended up being a giant turd, how far do you think they would have gone with it?