Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
so here's the update from this afternoon from Deadline:

UPDATE, 4:50 PM:The Wolf Of Wall Street‘s Margot Robbie is also looking likely for Suicide Squad. It looked like she was going to star in Ghost In The Shell for DreamWorks, but those talks fizzled. I’ve heard DreamWorks has instead made a $10M offer to Scarlett Johansson, whose action price has risen to that level after Lucy and her work as Black Widow. Robbie, who stars alongside Smith in the upcoming Focus, should slip nicely into the Warner Bros film. The studio would not comment.

PREVIOUS, 4:04 PM: Warner Bros, which this week identified the DC Comics property Suicide Squad as one of its priority projects that will be released in 2016, is apparently moving aggressively on the film that will be directed by David Ayer as his follow to the Brad Pitt-starrer Fury. I’m hearing that both Will Smith and Tom Hardy are circling the film and are close to signing on. Charles Roven is producing.

The premise: A group of supervillains are brought together to tackle high-risk black ops missions for the government. This is one in the growing universe of DC properties and getting this duo would be the makings of a pretty good mission movie. Stay tuned.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
i still think it's pretty crazy that the studio announced it's lineup of films 5 years in advance all on the strength of a movie that isn't even completed yet. i mean doesn't the success of this franchise hinge on BvS being an absolute home run? and what if it isn't? then what are they gonna do?

it's either a sign of great confidence or great desperation. either way time will tell. but it isn't something that should be glossed over. because if BvS doesn't go over like they hope it will then this universe is over before it even starts.

ltheghost

Payin Debts.... N40
Daps
Reppin
Japan, but from the 989
my mom aint no cac mom first off. Her favorite movie is se7en. 2nd, she'd ask me what the movies were about instead of blindly going off names.

the name isn't gonna stop people, you're reaching. there's a thing called trailers...soon as they see the trailer and see its batman related its a wrap. they're gonna be like :dwillhuh: :ohhh:

It still doesn't negate the fact that a Guardians of the Galaxy title sounds much better than a Suicide Squad title. A name will stop people from going to see a movie or generate anticipation to see it. So Suicide Sqaud in my opinion is one of the weaker releases next to Cyborg. Now from a comic-head point of view, I'm more excited to see a Suicide Squad movie over a Cyborg movie. But all this is hypothetical because Batman vs Superman still hasn't come out and I'm still wondering if that is going to be good or not. :whoa: Now, now, before everyone gets pissed at me for saying this but I still feel that there is too much going on in that movie. To the point they should have named it Justice League and got it over with. We are talking elements of Batman The Dark Knight Returns (Frank Millar)+ Justice League No.1 (New 52) comic= Batman v Superman. The guy who played Mark Zuckerburg is Lex Luthor? And then Ben Affleck as Batman (Let me pause on that....How do we even know old ass Affleck will even be good as Batman when the last guy who played Batman crushed the buildings? Back to biz)...I'm sorry but this movie has a lot of ground to make up for. And not just hating I'm just pointing out the obvious that with this much going on it could end up like Amazing Spiderman 2, Spiderman 3 or even Superman Returns.

Now for that hate......It can't be that good of a movie if they got shook and moved the release date from Captain America 3...... Which is starting to sound now, with the Civil War being announced, like a good idea. They didn't want that drama with the King. :win:lol

ltheghost

Payin Debts.... N40
Daps
Reppin
Japan, but from the 989
i still think it's pretty crazy that the studio announced it's lineup of films 5 years in advance all on the strength of a movie that isn't even completed yet. i mean doesn't the success of this franchise hinge on BvS being an absolute home run? and what if it isn't? then what are they gonna do?

it's either a sign of great confidence or great desperation. either way time will tell. but it isn't something that should be glossed over. because if BvS doesn't go over like they hope it will then this universe is over before it even starts.

That's the same thing I was thinking! I think they are going for a base hit instead of a home run. They are playing it extra safe since they moved it away from Captain America 3.

ltheghost

Payin Debts.... N40
Daps
Reppin
Japan, but from the 989
Let's see if Will Smith joins Suicide Squad or if he'll bytch out again because he's not the only 'lead'. :sas1:

Margot Robbie could probably make one hell of a Harley Quinn now that I think about it though. :ohhh:

I got money that says he'll bytch out. I don't see Will Smith anywhere near this project.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I got money that says he'll bytch out. I don't see Will Smith anywhere near this project.

I'd be happy if he did after he flaked on Django..and I disagree with you breh about them flinching based on quality. Especially since the movie isn't even done yet so they don't know what they have. From a business standpoint, they don't want to cannibalize the audience and why take your new brand that you're trying to establish and pit it against the big boy on the block right now? Just do what you do on your own path and build to get to that level, that's how I see it

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Will half of these even get made?:patrice:Don't see the Shazam or Cyborg films happening.

Suicide Squad sounds interesting though, especially with the cast and at least has some sort of traction.

If Willi signs on and plays Black Manta, you better place your bets on Jayden as Aqualad :mjlol:

ltheghost

Payin Debts.... N40
Daps
Reppin
Japan, but from the 989
I'd be happy if he did after he flaked on Django..and I disagree with you breh about them flinching based on quality. Especially since the movie isn't even done yet so they don't know what they have. From a business standpoint, they don't want to cannibalize the audience and why take your new brand that you're trying to establish and pit it against the big boy on the block right now? Just do what you do on your own path and build to get to that level, that's how I see it[/QUOTE]

I agree. Except on a couple points. Batman and Superman are not new brands. lol If anything Batman is one of the most recognizable brands in the world. Along with Superman. I'm firmly in the camp of "Slowly Build Your Universe", when it comes to these movies. I'm fully expecting Batman v Superman to be a 3 hour movie.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Batman and Superman aren't but this whole universe they're doing is. They got a lot riding on this why not try to make as much money as possible and them coming out on Easter weekend is a good look. And if it is a 3 hour movie or close to it, that's cool too. The thing is, none of us know how all these pieces will fit together so we're making a lot of assumptions as to who's going to get how much screen time or how important they are to the movie. I'm a firm believer of "wait and see"