Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
That fits the current emo homoerotic with batman thing he has going now . And nowadays the type of guy who's the joker would most likely look like this joker than jack Nicholson . He's a psycho that has a magnetic pull to others like him and has a way to manipulate people like no other .

Ok I think your making the pics enthusiasm much higher than it really was. The teaser is what sold if the pics were very much divisive .i really like your takes but I think your very wrong on this one and if this was a tv show thread you'd be willing to give this more of a chance. I'm not sure but I dang think you know as much about joker as you seem to think man so maybe you should be alittke more open minded

There wasn't enthusiasm, people were willing to give it a shot based on the pictures. "Ok this looks creepy" =/= "Ledger is the GOAT Joker!"

The enthusiasm came from the first 5 minutes or whatever they released before the movie. Maybe I wasn't clear, I dunno.

And The Joker been around since the 1940's breh....but there has been very few major changes over the years. Most of the Jokers in cartoons, videos games, movies, etc. are either versions of Cesar Romero, or Miller's "darker" version. And that's about it. His origin story has changed a few times, but even most of those incorporate The Red Hood, or a variation of it. And even that has been around longer than I've been alive.

Recently he got his face cut off, and sewn back on. :ld:

Basically I do know as much about The Joker as I seem to think, because there ain't much to know. It's not like he's Wolverine with 5,000 back stories.

And it ain't like I'm shytting on the movie....I said I still have interest. But whereas before I was indifferent to Leto as The Joker, now he has an uphill battle.

Fred.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Wasn't this the first official picture of Ledger's Joker?

Ds6K9Lu.jpg

That's the one I can remember had the internet going nuts, and I didn't even follow the TDK campaign like that.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
No, one is rooted in excitement, the other is rooted in disappointment. There is no difference between someone responding to a promo picture like:

NbGjFNr.gif

and responding like:

iKpa6Qu.gif

Both are simply reactions to how you feel. The only difference is the one you make up your in mind where it's perfectly fine for people to exaggerate their excitement for things but not to exaggerate their dislike. Which it all is, an exaggeration of how they feel.
But it is never a case of "I don't like the design" or "I am unsure about this casting decision". Instead it is "This movie is going to be trash" or "This is going to suck worst than anything ever sucked and nothing could ever change my mind about that. Ever".
Being excited about the possibility of something is normal. Forming an iron-clad negative opinion about an entire project based on kernels of information and then making sure you share that opinion with everyone repeatedly is standard online a$$hole behavior.
Not calling you an a$$hole btw; just stating what the behavior is like.
It goes beyond just disliking something and ventures into the territory of not wanting anyone else to like it either.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
But it is never a case of "I don't like the design" or "I am unsure about this casting decision". Instead it is "This movie is going to be trash" or "This is going to suck worst than anything ever sucked and nothing could ever change my mind about that. Ever".
Being excited about the possibility of something is normal. Forming an iron-clad negative opinion about an entire project based on kernels of information and then making sure you share that opinion with everyone repeatedly is standard online a$$hole behavior.
Not calling you an a$$hole btw; just stating what the behavior is like.
It goes beyond just disliking something and ventures into the territory of not wanting anyone else to like it either.

Well, like I've already said somewhere above, those guys tend to be in the minority. They just shout the loudest. I couldn't care less about them.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
But cats sitting here trying to tell me what happened on SOHH....I don't even remember half these people from SOHH. :russ:

Fred.

I didn't know you posted on SOHH either. I didn't start remembering anything you posted here until the piff in the Breaking Bad threads and maybe that's because we didn't cross paths much but I remember people shytting on Ledger on SOHH all the way through the production process so we'll have to agree to disagree.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I didnt realize they were filming that long :dwillhuh::ehh:

Per THR, Warner Bros. has booked Pinewood Toronto Studios in Toronto, Canada for the production of Suicide Squad. The film is going by the working title of Bravo 14 and will begin pre-production in February in anticipation of rolling cameras from mid-April to September “in and around Toronto.” This keeps the DC picture physically quite far away from Marvel Studios’ output, as the latter has been basing its productions in London and Atlanta while Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice has been shooting mainly in the Detroit area.
http://collider.com/suicide-squad-movie-filming-dates-toronto/

Maybe we're looking at another 2hr 20 min film :mjcry: