Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
shyt looks terrible(the look of the joker, and the movie) and no amount of written characters gonna change my opinion. :stopitslime:

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've never seen set photos look so amazing for a movie. All the leaked set photos I've seen of suicide squad look absolutely stunning.

I remember looking at set photos for avengers and and being nowhere near as impressed. Harlequin looks amazing in EVERY shot and so does the rest of the crew.

I love the fact that the MCU and the DCCU are so different in style.

It makes it a whole lot easier to differentiate the two universes instead of comparing them. Which in turn will help me enjoy the two universes for what they are and not the brand they are competing with.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I didn't know you posted on SOHH either. I didn't start remembering anything you posted here until the piff in the Breaking Bad threads and maybe that's because we didn't cross paths much but I remember people shytting on Ledger on SOHH all the way through the production process so we'll have to agree to disagree.

I don't know how that's possible seeing as how I used the same name, signed my messages Fred, was there since '98 or '99 and had Rep in the billions. Literally, billions.

Cats know me....where you think these "Breaking Bad" threads come from?

Unless you didn't post in those over there, either. :patrice:

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Unless you didn't post in those over there, either.

I didn't start posting in Breaking Bad threads until after season 3. I had no idea what the show was for a while. I started watching it one random night and burned through 3 seasons in like a week. :manny:

As you can see my join date here is May 1, 2012. How you think I knew of the place. It's common sense. :russ:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Breh anyone that posted on SOHH will tell you it unfolded exactly how I said. He was cast :camby: "the gay cowboy?!"....the pics leaked :leon: "shyt looks kinda creepy"....mini-trailer dropped and it was :lupe: "he might be able to pull this off".

The full trailer dropped and it was a wrap.

I'm not saying you're lying about people not feeling Ledger through the production process....but I can't sit here and lie and say I seen that, when I never did. I can only speak on what I saw.

Fred.

Nah, when the pics leaked it was more "I'm not sure about this" or "I don't know". The debate was very heated about the scars vs makeup and the unbleached skin.They damn near had to issue a statement and play-by-play defending themselves on their take of the Joker, since fanboys were highly skeptical. They were saying how they were going to go with a darker, more realistic take on the character. Then they were reporting how Heath was taking this character very serious and was going into a darker place to achieve it. I don't even remember him in the first trailer, but the one that turned people around was the Joker voice-over and ended with the laugh. That may have been the teaser. THEN he died and was gonna receive praise, no matter what.

Leto is kind of different. Most people are in agreement that his crazy a$$ is gonna kill the role. The tats are the turnoff, but I actually like them. OK, not the damaged one, but the rest are hilarious and fit the character. He regularly draws on people, so why would he not draw on himself? I like over-the-top-diva Joker better than dark-Joker. Now if these tats and colorfulness of his appearance overcompensates for his theatrics, THEN we have a problem. But I envision him being somewhere between Cesar Romero and Jack...with a twist of Skywalker.

Kartel13

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And that's specifically why I said, and I quote it exactly as I wrote: one draws conclusions with the info at hand.

And everything we know is info. The moment we hear Leto is playing the Joker, we have info because we know what he's done before and have a good idea what he's capable of. The moment we see what his Joker looks like, we get more info, which one can pair with the previous info to create a new picture, etc. etc. And guess what, that's what we do. And not just "on the internet" (like we aren't all on the internet nowadays and literally have a device in our pockets all the time that keeps us connected to that very same internet).

When you're in the club and you see a hot chick and a semi-decent chick, you don't sit there like "you know, I'm definitely more interested in the hot chick, but I'ma wait and see, because I don't know what personalities they have yet". You can save hard hitting questions like that for later. When a new iPhone or whatever come out, how many iPhone-owners actually say "Yeah, it looks good, but I'ma wait and see what the reviews say first?" and how many go "iPhone is the best shyt ever, instant cop!".

Our daily life consists of nothing but drawing conclusions based on limited information, and like I said, people do tend to overreact like crazy, but I'd still rather have a hundred people on a message board complaining early than a hundred people on a message board with their arms crossed "waiting and seeing". Because when does the "waiting and seeing" stop? I've been told hundreds of time "Why the fukk you complaining over a teaser trailer?" like the makers of a movie didn't release that trailer to literally give us an idea what the movie is like. They felt it represents their movie, or what they want the movie to look like, so if we can't draw conclusions based on that, whether negative or positive, when can we?

I thought Days Of Future Past was shaping up to be terrible (not necessarily because of the Quicksilver pic but because the X-franchise has been dead to me since X2 and the trailers didn't look too wavy). I was proven wrong. So what? shyt happens. Everybody pretty much agreed those ridiculous promo pics of the new Terminator movie were hilariously bad, and then the trailers dropped and seem to back that point up. If we're proven right when the movie drops, it's 1:1. And then your point would be nullified because the pics ended up saying a whole lot about the movie.

So again, and again, and again, we work with the info we have right now. And we can be wrong, we can be so far off it isn't even funny, but that's what it is. You would think they'd eventually learn to calm down and at least limit their nerd rage, but the second they hire Marc Webb to make Batman and drop the first promo picture:

mFW84Wv.jpg

What is it that goes through your mind?

I find it funny that you picked those quotes (I just knew my comments about the Eisenberg pic would pop up) because they only back up how little of a hypocrite I am. I hate comments like the ones @MartyMcFly made because they only ever call out people who are being overly negative and never those who are being absurdly excited, which is what I did when the Eisenberg picture quit. People exaggerate and it's a part of the game, and I do call it out, but it's a joke to me when people only call it out when it's a negative thing. Case in point:

the bolded shyt in your post is an absolute joke and actually shows how much of a hypocrite you are. Please tell me what the difference is between these two scenarios:

"OH MY GOD, that Joker picture looks awful! This is going to be the worst movie ever!"

"OH MY GOD, that Joker picture looks brilliant! This is going to be the best movie ever!"

There are none, outside that one person voices his opinions that he thinks it's going to be terrible and the other thinks it's going to be great. Both are drawing premature conclusions based on a picture, but you act like there's a difference because one is expressing excitement and the other negativity? To act like one party is actually above the other is the ultimate form of hypocrisy.

So what do you know? Not much really, so how about you know this? I draw whatever fukking conclusion I want, whenever the fukk I want, based on whatever fukking information I have. And I let everyone do the same. And if I think they're overdoing it, I'll say it. "Geez, you guys, chill out for a bit, you're getting ahead of yourselves." Which is what I did when the Eisenberg pic dropped and is something I even have been telling people about this Joker in this very thread. But what I'm not doing is pretending that I don't draw early conclusions of my own, whether subtle or extreme, and act like I'm so fukking objective.

P.S.

I do love how you draw premature conclusions about the type of person I am based on a bunch of online movie discussions. Why don't you wait and see until you have the full picture of me to make your review of the person I am? I wonder if it has anything to do with working with the info we got at hand, but what do I know? I am obviously too cool for this room, that's why everybody stays on my shyt.

@TheGodling the realest, the truest, the hypocritest, forever, OUT! :gawdling:
Shut the fukk up

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Nah, when the pics leaked it was more "I'm not sure about this" or "I don't know". The debate was very heated about the scars vs makeup and the unbleached skin.They damn near had to issue a statement and play-by-play defending themselves on their take of the Joker, since fanboys were highly skeptical. They were saying how they were going to go with a darker, more realistic take on the character. Then they were reporting how Heath was taking this character very serious and was going into a darker place to achieve it. I don't even remember him in the first trailer, but the one that turned people around was the Joker voice-over and ended with the laugh. That may have been the teaser. THEN he died and was gonna receive praise, no matter what.

Leto is kind of different. Most people are in agreement that his crazy a$$ is gonna kill the role. The tats are the turnoff, but I actually like them. OK, not the damaged one, but the rest are hilarious and fit the character. He regularly draws on people, so why would he not draw on himself? I like over-the-top-diva Joker better than dark-Joker. Now if these tats and colorfulness of his appearance overcompensates for his theatrics, THEN we have a problem. But I envision him being somewhere between Cesar Romero and Jack...with a twist of Skywalker.

The debate was before the pics, when Ledger was initially cast. So not sure what you're talking about. People completely wrote him off due to "Brokeback Mountain". The first "official" picture came out via viral marketing.

I'm kinda :what: at people saying "everyone hated how he looked at first" when the first official picture came out summer 2007 and 4-5 months later DC ran a contest and had half the internet dressed as Ledger's version of The Joker. If you guys don't remember that....:patrice:

http://www.42entertainment.com/work/whysoserious

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I didn't start posting in Breaking Bad threads until after season 3.

Again, it's kinda odd you've never heard of me then.

I got the mod job here partially due to "Breaking Bad" threads on SOHH. The season 4 one in particular was one of the biggest on the site, any forum.

The owners actually asked me to mod before they really got the site going, I turned it down because at the time SOHH was still going strong. When they held the vote on mods for this forum, I got the nod because so many people knew me from SOHH.

Fred.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
DC's Answer to Marvels Dark Avengers

Well let me just put it this was, theyre the bad guy version of the avengers
That is a really bad comparison.
It is basically The Dirty Dozen (if you don't know this classic movie then you need to do some research) with super-villains.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
#random

oh yea @MartyMcFly i looked up that alamo drafthouse, damn that shyt far as fukk breh :scusthov: i see its one in ashburn thats a little closer, is it the same quality wise
?
I keep wanting to plan a trip out to the OG Alamo Drafthouse for the Fantastic Fest but all m y friends back out once it comes time to actually start buying plane tickets and shyt. Might have to do it solo one of these years.