Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Nobody's reviewing anything, they're making predictions. And making predictions is very sensible and very possible because it's what everybody does. It's what people on here do, it's what they do on blogs, it's what they do on websites, it's what they do on podcasts, it's what they do on tv.

Rookie player signs to NBA team, everybody's gonna predict what's going to happen even though we haven't seen him in the team yet! Ubisoft announces new Assassin's Creed game, people gonna predict whether based on the last one it will be another buggy, glitchy mess. WWE announces a new PPV in two weeks, we predict right away it's probably gonna suck because there's no build. Joe Budden talks about his new girl, we all predict she has a phat ass and he'll be crying about her three months from now. Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. It's fukking life.

So you can go on all day about me doing me and you doing you, but the truth is that whether you like it or not, you're already forming an opinion based on the casting news of Asa Butterfield as Peter Parker, you're already forming an opinion based on who's in the running for Green Lantern, you're already forming an opinion based on who's going to direct Shazam! The only fukking difference is that some people form stronger opinions, and make wilder predictions, than others. So to get back to the matter at hand:

"Oh, it's the internet!" "Oh, they just don't learn!" "Oh, they just can't wait and see!"

Oh, it is fukking life and it is what everybody does from their very fukking subconscious to spouting it out on a keyboard, so again, save that fukking shyt for the birds!

A prediction is one thing but most people, not all but most, act as if what they're saying is gospel breh. And that a movie or a tv show or whatever is definitely going to be one thing or not. In sports most writers or bloggers always caveat their position by saying "it's early" or "its way too early" or "its just s projection" they aren't willing to die on that hill like a lot of fans are when it comes to properties. There's a difference in me saying "I think Odell Beckham will be a good player" vs "there's no way this kid won't be a good player and if you disagree with me then I'm going to dump on you like you called my mother a whore" a big difference and you're smart enough to know that and see that breh. So again like I said I don't need to save shyt for the birds because that's me homie. If you don't like it that's really not my concern or issue.

And when it comes to butterfield or green lantern no. I have opinions on those actors but that doesn't make me think the movies will reflect that. Because I'm open to whatever. I don't think Asa can do funny because I've never seen him do funny but I'm also not dense enough to believe that he can't be just because I haven't seen it; world is bigger than me and obviously I'm not in auditions to see what goes on behind the scenes. It's the same way people overreacted when Craig was picked as Bond, throwing shots at the man and his life and making it very ugly and personal without seeing one second of footage. It's completely silly breh especially when the movie drops and it turns out to be incredible. Having an open mind, to me, works better and opens up more potential. But again if that's not how you want to get down cool man I really can't control that. You're a grown ass man do what you want but you doing that won't make me shyt or stop thinking how I think

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
:russ:

They never said we couldnt get down
CFcFf7lVIAAHaxt.jpg

Last edited:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
A prediction is one thing but most people, not all but most, act as if what they're saying is gospel breh. And that a movie or a tv show or whatever is definitely going to be one thing or not. In sports most writers or bloggers always caveat their position by saying "it's early" or "its way too early" or "its just s projection" they aren't willing to die on that hill like a lot of fans are when it comes to properties. There's a difference in me saying "I think Odell Beckham will be a good player" vs "there's no way this kid won't be a good player and if you disagree with me then I'm going to dump on you like you called my mother a whore" a big difference and you're smart enough to know that and see that breh. So again like I said I don't need to save shyt for the birds because that's me homie. If you don't like it that's really not my concern or issue.

And when it comes to butterfield or green lantern no. I have opinions on those actors but that doesn't make me think the movies will reflect that. Because I'm open to whatever. I don't think Asa can do funny because I've never seen him do funny but I'm also not dense enough to believe that he can't be just because I haven't seen it; world is bigger than me and obviously I'm not in auditions to see what goes on behind the scenes. It's the same way people overreacted when Craig was picked as Bond, throwing shots at the man and his life and making it very ugly and personal without seeing one second of footage. It's completely silly breh especially when the movie drops and it turns out to be incredible. Having an open mind, to me, works better and opens up more potential. But again if that's not how you want to get down cool man I really can't control that. You're a grown ass man do what you want but you doing that won't make me shyt or stop thinking how I think

And your ass is still missing the point namely that the "wait and see" shyt is just patronizing to anyone who forms an early opinion, which is everybody. And it's only ever brought up when people dislike something. The fact you have to bring up the reaction to Craig as Bond is telling because that's the perfect example of a vocal minority being mistaken for the majority. 9 out of 10 times you hear that shyt about "oh, people everywhere were rioting against Craig". No, it was just a bunch of guys forming a tea party and shouting so loud that people talked about it a lot and made it seem bigger than it was.

Go to any IMDb board (or to preserve your sanity, don't) and you'll see that most of the threads shytting on an actor or movie are just two or three guys (who may often be the very same guy) just spamming the same shyt over and over. With the result that people start to throw everyone with a negative opinion in with those guys and act like it's a whole group of blatant haters.

Just look at this thread, there are only three people or so who mentioned they aren't sold on the Joker's look or flat-out think he looks bad, but it was enough to spawn almost a full page (50 posts) of debate how they are overreacting or drawing conclusions too soon, when they said nothing out of line (they just weren't feeling it) Because you're all just projecting what some vocal minority on the web is saying on everybody with a criticism again. That's why the "wait and see" comment pisses me off, because there's nothing open minded about telling people that the opinions they have at the moment aren't worth a shyt.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
And your ass is still missing the point namely that the "wait and see" shyt is just patronizing to anyone who forms an early opinion, which is everybody. And it's only ever brought up when people dislike something. The fact you have to bring up the reaction to Craig as Bond is telling because that's the perfect example of a vocal minority being mistaken for the majority. 9 out of 10 times you hear that shyt about "oh, people everywhere were rioting against Craig". No, it was just a bunch of guys forming a tea party and shouting so loud that people talked about it a lot and made it seem bigger than it was.

Go to any IMDb board (or to preserve your sanity, don't) and you'll see that most of the threads shytting on an actor or movie are just two or three guys (who may often be the very same guy) just spamming the same shyt over and over. With the result that people start to throw everyone with a negative opinion in with those guys and act like it's a whole group of blatant haters.

Just look at this thread, there are only three people or so who mentioned they aren't sold on the Joker's look or flat-out think he looks bad, but it was enough to spawn almost a full page (50 posts) of debate how they are overreacting or drawing conclusions too soon, when they said nothing out of line (they just weren't feeling it) Because you're all just projecting what some vocal minority on the web is saying on everybody with a criticism again. That's why the "wait and see" comment pisses me off, because there's nothing open minded about telling people that the opinions they have at the moment aren't worth a shyt.

And again breh if that's how you feel cool. I'll debate movies with you all day but I'm not going to keep debating a philosophical difference. It's pointless. You're going to see it how you see it I'm going to see it how I see it. It's going to keep going around and around in circles and neither one of us are going to get anything out of it. I'm not trying to change your beliefs homie. I know what I feel and how I see it and while I think it'd be great if that even keel approach worked for everyone I know it doesn't. I said why I think it's best you said why you don't.

I night up Craig because that vocal minority became national news. Plus amongst my group of friends they all thought the same things so I'm going off of my experience. It wasn't internet chatter it was a story that was picked up in London and in the U.S. And again my people felt the same way. I still remember reading the entertainment weekly when Sam Mendes ran him through the mud too. And that event encapsulates my whole problem with that way of thinking but that's my problem, I don't need you to feel how I feel breh. It ain't that serious.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
And again breh if that's how you feel cool. I'll debate movies with you all day but I'm not going to keep debating a philosophical difference. It's pointless. You're going to see it how you see it I'm going to see it how I see it. It's going to keep going around and around in circles and neither one of us are going to get anything out of it. I'm not trying to change your beliefs homie. I know what I feel and how I see it and while I think it'd be great if that even keel approach worked for everyone I know it doesn't. I said why I think it's best you said why you don't.

I night up Craig because that vocal minority became national news. Plus amongst my group of friends they all thought the same things so I'm going off of my experience. It wasn't internet chatter it was a story that was picked up in London and in the U.S. And again my people felt the same way. I still remember reading the entertainment weekly when Sam Mendes ran him through the mud too. And that event encapsulates my whole problem with that way of thinking but that's my problem, I don't need you to feel how I feel breh. It ain't that serious.

The Tea Party was national news also. Didn't mean even most hardcore conservatives didn't want anything to do with them. That's just how it is sometimes, and complaining like spoiled brats is a part of it. Just look at the people crying about how Mad Max is supposedly ruined by feminism. It's brought up so much you'd think the whole world feels that way, but it's just some small groups whining about it and a whole lot of clickbait articles being written about it, and that's why it bothers me none.

Same as Leto's Joker. Sure, you'd think people would've learned from Ledger's Joker (I'd say a lot of people have actually), but it's their right to voice the criticisms they have.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The Tea Party was national news also. Didn't mean even most hardcore conservatives didn't want anything to do with them. That's just how it is sometimes, and complaining like spoiled brats is a part of it. Just look at the people crying about how Mad Max is supposedly ruined by feminism. It's brought up so much you'd think the whole world feels that way, but it's just some small groups whining about it and a whole lot of clickbait articles being written about it, and that's why it bothers me none.

Same as Leto's Joker. Sure, you'd think people would've learned from Ledger's Joker (I'd say a lot of people have actually), but it's their right to voice the criticisms they have.

And I never said it wasn't there right breh. It's the right of people in some states to like Florida to follow the stand your ground law..it's the right of every person in America to eat whatever they want and for the most part, say whatever they want; doesn't mean we always gotta agree with it. Like I said to ME, me, not you, to me it's a futile process to criticize something and make a blanket statement of it before you see the finished product. I don't really give a damn if the rest of the world feels that way or not, that's not my concern nor is it my problem. So again, if you feel differently breh, that's fine, since you clearly have a point of view and I respect where you're coming from, I just disagree.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
You maybe right for SOHH but the wider Internet did not react that way , so if ol hamster wheel was actually ahead of the curve on the joker then kudos . It was still mixed Reactions man the trailers are when it was like everyone shifted

Like I said I can only speak on what I saw. :manny:

But cats sitting here trying to tell me what happened on SOHH....I don't even remember half these people from SOHH. :russ:

Fred.