Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Honestly, at this point I don't derive any pleasure in catching you on your hypocrite game. It's just mundane at this point with how often it happens:francis: As to the actual point of our post, normal people have no issue with others getting hype about something they haven't seen. You know why?:lupe:Because getting hype is not equal to reviewing a movie. Neckbeards that lose their shyt over tattoos and proceed to say the movie going to suck are reviewing the movie. Nerds who lose their shyt when they see Thanos wearing the Infinity Gauntlet followed by "Infinity War" Part 1 & 2 flashing on screen aren't reviewing a movie, they're expressing their excitement for something they're interested in. Then we have socially unadjusted, cynical, too cool for the room types like yourself who deem it their duty to dictate to people what they should and shouldn't be excited about. Those without agendas and ulterior motives use the wait and see method because when you don't wait and see, and when you're not objective, you do things like make posts on message boards that can later be upped and make you look foolish. But what do I know?:yeshrug:
:damn:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People were upset at Ledger's Joker. I wasn't posting on SOHH but I remember the Crow references and people upset that he was wearing white make up.
Exactly I was on aintitcool arguing with trolls about his look . He looked less that the joker than Leto to me. The tattoos fit a modern joker

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Meh, like I've said many times before, one draws conclusions with the info at hand. The "wait and see" argument is weak as fukk because we're already "seeing" things. I don't see anyone ever use that argument to condemn the people who blow their wads over an ambiguously shot viral promo picture that tells us nothing (remember how Cloverfield's entire marketing campaign was built on stupid people going apeshyt over pictures and websites and messages of absolutely nothing?).

And that's not to say that a lot of people don't overreact, but again, it's only ever a problem when they're drawing early conclusions that it sucks balls. You won't see directors and producers and stars telling the audience at ComiCon to wait and see when they're all screaming enthusiastically because they saw the first completely non-telling picture of Dr Strange or whoever the fukk. No, they bask in that shyt with big smirks, but the moment people dislike something it's like "oh, you guys are drawing conclusions way too early" when it's simply a matter of them not liking that the conclusion being drawn is not in their favor, because they're as self-centric and agenda-driven as all those fanboys "on the internet".

So in short, take your high road and drive it off a fukking cliff because that shyt is for the birds. :camby:
:wow:

i guess we can only go :ohlawd: at how dark and gritty it looks but we cant go :patrice: at the joker. quite the double standard in here amongst a few :sas2:

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
Honestly, at this point I don't derive any pleasure in catching you on your hypocrite game. It's just mundane at this point with how often it happens:francis: As to the actual point of our post, normal people have no issue with others getting hype about something they haven't seen. You know why?:lupe:Because getting hype is not equal to reviewing a movie. Neckbeards that lose their shyt over tattoos and proceed to say the movie going to suck are reviewing the movie. Nerds who lose their shyt when they see Thanos wearing the Infinity Gauntlet followed by "Infinity War" Part 1 & 2 flashing on screen aren't reviewing a movie, they're expressing their excitement for something they're interested in. Then we have socially unadjusted, cynical, too cool for the room types like yourself who deem it their duty to dictate to people what they should and shouldn't be excited about. Those without agendas and ulterior motives use the wait and see method because when you don't wait and see, and when you're not objective, you do things like make posts on message boards that can later be upped and make you look foolish. But what do I know?:yeshrug:
wsod.gif

:salute:

Lefty Gunz

Superstar
Daps

:clap: Let these pretentious nerds know

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI

Obarth got nikkas kissing the ring again... :wow:

LNpoifZ.gif

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Pretty much just walked onto the set tonight. They're shooting about 50 yards from the end of our road.

Saw one breh in fatigues, a car that had been flipped, a truck that had jumped the sidewalk, a bit of random destruction and a lot of neon. They're filming in a side street at the moment. I think they're turning this area into Midway's Red Light District. I've said it before - the more I see of this movie - the more it feels like a riff on 'The Warriors' in an odd way

Last edited:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
sXo6DaM.png