Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
On the internet? :russ: c'mon breh, no one learns lessons. "Wait and see" doesn't exist. Simon Pegg's recent blog kinda shines a light on that and fandom in general http://simonpegg.net/2015/05/19/big-mouth-strikes-again/

Meh, like I've said many times before, one draws conclusions with the info at hand. The "wait and see" argument is weak as fukk because we're already "seeing" things. I don't see anyone ever use that argument to condemn the people who blow their wads over an ambiguously shot viral promo picture that tells us nothing (remember how Cloverfield's entire marketing campaign was built on stupid people going apeshyt over pictures and websites and messages of absolutely nothing?).

And that's not to say that a lot of people don't overreact, but again, it's only ever a problem when they're drawing early conclusions that it sucks balls. You won't see directors and producers and stars telling the audience at ComiCon to wait and see when they're all screaming enthusiastically because they saw the first completely non-telling picture of Dr Strange or whoever the fukk. No, they bask in that shyt with big smirks, but the moment people dislike something it's like "oh, you guys are drawing conclusions way too early" when it's simply a matter of them not liking that the conclusion being drawn is not in their favor, because they're as self-centric and agenda-driven as all those fanboys "on the internet".

So in short, take your high road and drive it off a fukking cliff because that shyt is for the birds. :camby:

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
Meh, like I've said many times before, one draws conclusions with the info at hand. The "wait and see" argument is weak as fukk because we're already "seeing" things. I don't see anyone ever use that argument to condemn the people who blow their wads over an ambiguously shot viral promo picture that tells us nothing (remember how Cloverfield's entire marketing campaign was built on stupid people going apeshyt over pictures and websites and messages of absolutely nothing?).

And that's not to say that a lot of people don't overreact, but again, it's only ever a problem when they're drawing early conclusions that it sucks balls. You won't see directors and producers and stars telling the audience at ComiCon to wait and see when they're all screaming enthusiastically because they saw the first completely non-telling picture of Dr Strange or whoever the fukk. No, they bask in that shyt with big smirks, but the moment people dislike something it's like "oh, you guys are drawing conclusions way too early" when it's simply a matter of them not liking that the conclusion being drawn is not in their favor, because they're as self-centric and agenda-driven as all those fanboys "on the internet".

So in short, take your high road and drive it off a fukking cliff because that shyt is for the birds. :camby:
well damn :leon:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
And that's not to say that a lot of people don't overreact, but again, it's only ever a problem when they're drawing early conclusions that it sucks balls.

Here's the issue with what you're saying. We have already lived through this once with Heath Ledger. I like @hexagram23 but I totally disagree that people weren't shytting on Ledger all through the production process. It started when he was cast and there were many people still shytting on it after seeing the pictures of him in make up. All of this shyt is subjective but by most accounts Ledger killed it as The Joker. He was critically acclaimed. He won an Oscar. Most "fanboys" fell in love with it, etc...

Now, what does this have to do with Leto. The same shyt is going on in this thread. "He looks corny" etc.. Well, he's a tremendous actor. We are all aware of that. We've seen ZERO seconds of footage from this film. So yes, I think any shytting on it at this point is very premature and I'm not an idiot.. I read this board every day and I am familiar with the posters who are shytting on it so you want to talk agendas.. we can start there. :manny:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Someone didn't stay happy very long lol

And yeah I'll take that high road breh lol. I'd rather see footage before I make any judgement and even then see the movie. Pictures don't tell me anything because it doesn't convey character, dialogue, the portrayal or anything. I just feel it's better to chill the fukk out and react when you see the final product.

On this very board, how many people said that days of future past would be terrible based on how quicksilver looked and that he'd be a terrible character? Then the movie comes out and lo and behold, he's the standout character for a lot of people and in that review thread damn near everyone loved him and his scene and loved the movie. So what does his look have anything to do with performance or direction or dialogue? Then there's Jurassic world which, based on footage of a movie, people on the board say looks dumb and stupid. That's different than seeing a picture on set or a still image or promo image. They've seen footage to compell them in one direction or another and it's at least reasonable.

I think shyt would be a lot better and more civilized if people rocked like that obviously you disagree. You're a grown ass man you do what you do and I'll do what I do

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Here's the issue with what you're saying. We have already lived through this once with Heath Ledger. I like @hexagram23 but I totally disagree that people weren't shytting on Ledger all through the production process. It started when he was cast and there were many people still shytting on it after seeing the pictures of him in make up. All of this shyt is subjective but by most accounts Ledger killed it as The Joker. He was critically acclaimed. He won an Oscar. Most "fanboys" fell in love with it, etc...

Now, what does this have to do with Leto. The same shyt is going on in this thread. "He looks corny" etc.. Well, he's a tremendous actor. We are all aware of that. We've seen ZERO seconds of footage from this film. So yes, I think any shytting on it at this point is very premature and I'm not an idiot.. I read this board every day and I am familiar with the posters who are shytting on it so you want to talk agendas.. we can start there. :manny:

Breh anyone that posted on SOHH will tell you it unfolded exactly how I said. He was cast :camby: "the gay cowboy?!"....the pics leaked :leon: "shyt looks kinda creepy"....mini-trailer dropped and it was :lupe: "he might be able to pull this off".

The full trailer dropped and it was a wrap.

I'm not saying you're lying about people not feeling Ledger through the production process....but I can't sit here and lie and say I seen that, when I never did. I can only speak on what I saw.

Fred.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
but they backed up the ledger joker with a genius marketing scheme where we had to solve all those riddles on his website that made him seem like a legit serial killer/psycho

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
but they backed up the ledger joker with a genius marketing scheme where we had to solve all those riddles on his website that made him seem like a legit serial killer/psycho

I will admit that Nolan and Snyder understood how to "sell" the characters. We'll see what Ayer does. But as far as promotional stuff its coming across bland. But then again he just started filming not too long ago so I'll give him a break.

However, that teaser gotta be on point. And the "promo pics" gotta be better than the ones he tweeted. The masked Deadshot one was cool though.

fukkyalifestyle

Superstar
Daps
I will admit that Nolan and Snyder understood how to "sell" the characters. We'll see what Ayer does. But as far as promotional stuff its coming across bland. But then again he just started filming not too long ago so I'll give him a break.

However, that teaser gotta be on point. And the "promo pics" gotta be better than the ones he tweeted. The masked Deadshot one was cool though.
I think Ayer did a good job with Fury
fury_ver2_xlg.jpg

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I also think Ayer has earned the benefit of the doubt. This film could fukking suck and if it does I will be in here saying it sucks but the dude is a very good writer/director. Tom Hardy said the script is sick. I'll take that over pure speculation. Again, it could suck but I think many people in here are unfamiliar with Ayer's previous work. :manny:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I don't see anyone ever use that argument to condemn the people who blow their wads over an ambiguously shot viral promo picture that tells us nothing

I just find it hilarious that people are losing their shyt over a promo picture of an actor playing a bald guy being bald., something about as telling of his performance as jack shyt. Mahfukkas boarding the hype train way too easily these days.

And muthafukkas are going apeshyt over a 'goddamn teaser', what's your point? If I thought the teaser was good, I would say so. It does nothing for me, so I say that.

Honestly, at this point I don't derive any pleasure in catching you on your hypocrite game. It's just mundane at this point with how often it happens:francis: As to the actual point of our post, normal people have no issue with others getting hype about something they haven't seen. You know why?:lupe:Because getting hype is not equal to reviewing a movie. Neckbeards that lose their shyt over tattoos and proceed to say the movie going to suck are reviewing the movie. Nerds who lose their shyt when they see Thanos wearing the Infinity Gauntlet followed by "Infinity War" Part 1 & 2 flashing on screen aren't reviewing a movie, they're expressing their excitement for something they're interested in. Then we have socially unadjusted, cynical, too cool for the room types like yourself who deem it their duty to dictate to people what they should and shouldn't be excited about. Those without agendas and ulterior motives use the wait and see method because when you don't wait and see, and when you're not objective, you do things like make posts on message boards that can later be upped and make you look foolish. But what do I know?:yeshrug:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:what:

1. "Many iterations of the character" ain't had tattoos. C'mon son. That's like saying "many iterations" had a Glasgow smile because Ledger's did.

2. Those ain't prison tatts. They made him look like the lead singer to an alt rock band.

Fred.
That fits the current emo homoerotic with batman thing he has going now . And nowadays the type of guy who's the joker would most likely look like this joker than jack Nicholson . He's a psycho that has a magnetic pull to others like him and has a way to manipulate people like no other .
Breh anyone that posted on SOHH will tell you it unfolded exactly how I said. He was cast :camby: "the gay cowboy?!"....the pics leaked :leon: "shyt looks kinda creepy"....mini-trailer dropped and it was :lupe: "he might be able to pull this off".

The full trailer dropped and it was a wrap.

I'm not saying you're lying about people not feeling Ledger through the production process....but I can't sit here and lie and say I seen that, when I never did. I can only speak on what I saw.

Fred.
Ok I think your making the pics enthusiasm much higher than it really was. The teaser is what sold if the pics were very much divisive .i really like your takes but I think your very wrong on this one and if this was a tv show thread you'd be willing to give this more of a chance. I'm not sure but I dang think you know as much about joker as you seem to think man so maybe you should be alittke more open minded