Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
People were geeked off the set photos on SOHH. Not the specific ones you posted, it was a couple other ones. Again, it was the exact opposite of how this Joker is being received.

So :yeshrug: I don't know what to tell you.

Fred.
I don't recall what was happening on SOHH in 2007 but when this pic was first released:
FWziCYQ.jpg

The Nerds were pissed.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I don't recall what was happening on SOHH in 2007 but when this pic was first released:
FWziCYQ.jpg

The Nerds were pissed.

It wasn't that picture either. It was set leaks, like the ones in this thread. People with cameras and shyt.

And I don't mean nerds. You can't rationalize with nerds, I'm talking about people that initially hated that Ledger was cast. People had no problem with Leto, until the pictures.

Fred.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Everybody was hating on ledger being cast as the joker until the first full length trailer debuted. The posters at superherohype forum back in 06-07 were spazzing over a non perma white skin joker. This situation is different for suicide squad everybody was on board with leto cast as the joker. Its just the tattoos for some reason is not going well for the fans. We should all wait for some footage first before we start saying:"this leto joker sucks". I think we all learned our lesson before :ufdup:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Everybody was hating on ledger being cast as the joker until the first full length trailer debuted. The posters at superherohype forum back in 06-07 were spazzing over a non perma white skin joker. This situation is different for suicide squad everybody was on board with leto cast as the joker. Its just the tattoos for some reason is not going well for the fans. We should all wait for some footage first before we start saying:"this leto joker sucks". I think we all learned our lesson before :ufdup:

On the internet? :russ: c'mon breh, no one learns lessons. "Wait and see" doesn't exist. Simon Pegg's recent blog kinda shines a light on that and fandom in general http://simonpegg.net/2015/05/19/big-mouth-strikes-again/

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

Whats wild is people were hating on Ledger's voice in the first teaser trailer as well.

They were like WTF is up with that Tweety Bird voice. (It was the teaser that didnt show the Joker, but we heard his voice for the first time)

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal

full scene for those interested. You hear her voice a bit to. She sounds great. Im loving the spin that they put on the joker. He's like a crazed playboy rocker type nikka. From the tats, to the whip, the suits, the open shirt. It's different and I think its a dope update to the character.

11295544_842830179099702_300740563938900442_n.jpg

The whip!!!

original.jpg

The swag!!!

original.gif

He gonna hop out the lambo with this shyt playing :wow:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Eh, it's just more Marvel stan garbage in here :pachaha:.

nikkas trying to tell me that doesn't look like Joker when he looks exactly like/has many traits of many iterations of The Joker over the years in various mediums. I'm not going to say shyt until I see what Leto and Ayer do with the character.

Jack was a short fat old dude.. and he still killed it as The Joker :manny:

Revisionist history also. I WAS on SOHH when the pictures were released and most of SOHH was shytting on Ledger. I remember it very well. :smugbiden: