Styles P Schooling you Orange Channel type nikkas

Daps
Reppin
NULL
so everything before the year 2000 was classic? :childplease:

i hate that 90s glorification, shyt wasn't all sweet :stopitslime:
not everything obviously but the measure of classic music is the test of time.......
20 years from now how many of these artist will you be bumping they shyt?......not many

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think the united states needs to institute a draft and send these nikkas to war before they become unredeemabley soft.

The next generation of youth trying to tell you what real was in their day.

hunger%20games%20capitol%20city%20fashion.jpeg
lol @ unredeemably soft......the funny and sad shyt is u might b right

DonRe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Much respect to styles for this. Hahaha 25 cent juices NYC to the fullest

iPod Raheem 2.0

D, mother****er, D.
Daps
Reppin
Event Staff Correctional Facility
Based on the thread title, I came into this thread expecting Styles to be talking about some older R&B classics like R. Kelly's shyt, Mary's old shyt, etc. I watch the video and he talking about Rap classics. :smh: :stopitslime:

Now I know a "classic" supposedly transcends any genre and should be respected and appreciated by any serious listener of music. A "classic" allegedly attains a level of objectivity where everyone can listen to it and agree that it is great music. It's music that's good now and will be good 25 years from now.

No matter what, the shyt is still subjective.

I live in a world where ATCQ and Frank Ocean can make great music I can listen to and thoroughly enjoy.

edit: I used to love them juices.

zerozero

Superstar
Daps
"it's really not your fault that you grew up on that nonsense. it's the other rappers fault who came before you" :laugh:

stealthbomber

cruising at 30,000
Daps
Reppin
the best coast
wait so Black Moon and Redman albums and Tribe Called Quest and EPMD aged terribly now?..wow my g..lol...I don't hate on everything new and I still listen to all this shyt till this day...shyt..even my teenage baby brother is on to this shyt...im glad I was in his life...he got more hip hop knowledge than about 95% of his friends...

im not tryna bash them at all. i listen to more older stuff than i do newer stuff. they are undeniably great albums, but people too easily throw around the word classic imho.

just cuz they were created in the golden era of hip hop doesn't mean they're classics automatically. they have to last the test of time. i'd say of the ones i saw peoples instinctive travels and strictly business are classic.

i like epmd, ATCQ, and PE for their content and how innovative they were. but i cant front like those beats are anywhere near the level of production we have in 2012

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJHEI8fJdiM[/ame]

vs

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJc0M4CjmNg[/ame]

:yeshrug:

NelsonSwagdela

All Star
Daps
What does Frank Ocean have to do with anything he mentioned. Also he is one of the few artist this generation that we could look back at and say his music probably stood the test of quality over time. Some of you are obsessed with finding a reason to keep this nikkas name in your mouth.

iPod Raheem 2.0

D, mother****er, D.
Daps
Reppin
Event Staff Correctional Facility
What does Frank Ocean have to do with anything he mentioned. Also he is one of the few artist this generation that we could look back at and say his music probably stood the test of quality over time. Some of you are obsessed with finding a reason to keep this nikkas name in your mouth.

Word. Styles didn't even mention the nikka. It makes sense, though. Frank's hot right now. :scheme: So it makes sense that everybody wants a piece. :scheme: Even if it's just to boost their thread numbers. :thumbsdown: