Studios consider Baldur’s Gate 3 anomaly : “It’s Rockstar-level nonsense for scope” Update: Confirmed Blassic

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
:pachaha: we will find out next year if the from software rumors are true

FM-saNUUUAMqIig.jpg

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I have never said nor hinted at this, I don't even remember a discourse around bugs with starfield.

The negative talk around starfield was people trying to prove what you could or couldn't do... Then it shifted to the mechanics are old again hilarious coming from people eating up Same-man 2 and BG3 gameplay and mechanics.
My mistake, I misread your complaints.

I’ll leave it alone, I’ll be back when BG3 wins more awards. Hopefully you’ll get to try it soon

:manny:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
To be fair bugs are tricky because different users will have different experiences. BG3 on PC I had a few bugs here and there, but nothing gamebreaking like some of my friends experienced where they had to go back like 5 hours due to a bug. Then with Spiderman I didn't experience many bugs except an odd AI wouldn't respond or some graphical glitches, but that's whatever. However, my friend experience much more than I did. Lastly, with Starfield I experienced very few bugs except some crashes when launching from quick resume . Meanwhile, my friends experienced some glitch questlines and graphical glitches.

Anyways, bugs and glitches are YMMV and I don't think it's fair to discount experiences because some games could just be very glitchy for some users. I haven't started Alan Wake yet, but my friends experienced some bugs, but nothing gamebreaking and all it takes is restart checkpoint if anything.

Basically this.

Bought it day 1, I'm like 150 hours into "Baldur's Gate 3" and have had a handful of completely inconsequential glitches. The game hard crashed once in Act 2, hasn't done it since. Every other glitch was graphical or nothing a quick reload didn't sort out, if i even had to do that.

I'm saying all that to say this: it's possible someone that awarded it GOTY did not see 90% of the glitches that got reported. Because I didn't.

I got side tracked with "Lies Of P" but unless "BG3" completely goes ham with the glitches in the last 20 or so hours, it's GOTY too. :yeshrug:

Edit:

I also copped "The Witcher 3" and "Elden Ring" day 1....had miminal bugs with those games, despite them being notoriously buggy. So I dunno, it's hit or miss.

Fred.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Basically this.

Bought it day 1, I'm like 150 hours into "Baldur's Gate 3" and have had a handful of completely inconsequential glitches. The game hard crashed once in Act 2, hasn't done it since. Every other glitch was graphical or nothing a quick reload didn't sort out, if i even had to do that.

I'm saying all that to say this: it's possible someone that awarded it GOTY did not see 90% of the glitches that got reported. Because I didn't.

I got side tracked with "Lies Of P" but unless "BG3" completely goes ham with the glitches in the last 20 or so hours, it's GOTY too. :yeshrug:

Edit:

I also copped "The Witcher 3" and "Elden Ring" day 1....had miminal bugs with those games, despite them being notoriously buggy. So I dunno, it's hit or miss.

Fred.

Maybe the people complaining about them being buggy should play the game and see for themselves :youngsabo:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My mistake, I misread your complaints.

I’ll leave it alone, I’ll be back when BG3 wins more awards. Hopefully you’ll get to try it soon

:manny:
It's all good, ill wait until all the bugs are squashed until then.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
It's about how all of a sudden bugs don't impact opinions or scores, and that's fine when it's stan wars. But these "official reviews" of games that fall to mention the plethora of glitches and bugs while giving it a 10/10 is sus, same but not as bad with spiderman.
"All of a sudden"

:gucci:

Bugs rarely affect review scores. Tons of buggy games get great scores. Cyberpunk got great scores, Bethesda's existence has been them releasing great games that are also some of the most buggy games ever. To the point where it was a joke to consider them features in Bethesda games.

I don't even think people praised bg3 for being bug free, it got praised for packing a ton of high quality content with no microtransactions. It set a new bar for wrpg games, that's why it's a goty contender.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I hope this comes to fruition

We've always been very focused on just making our game, and a lot of people have attached a lot of things to that because the game turned out the way that we wanted it to be. So I hope there will be more games like a CRPG type of game. It's a game I like to play, and a lot of people in the industry like to play as well. So, If those games come out, and they don't have a story that we know already, I think that will be great. I look forward to those types of games.

More big budget CRPGS would be a very welcome trend

• Dap
Reactions: hex

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
there's a bunch or great CRPG studios out there, but their parent companies got them working on some bullshyt. whatever happened to that KOTOR Remake?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
there's a bunch or great CRPG studios out there, but their parent companies got them working on some bullshyt. whatever happened to that KOTOR Remake?

I’m talking real CRPGS, KoTOR Remake wasn’t going to be something in the vain of BG/Wasteland/Torment/PoE

Obsidion, Inxile, and even BioWare are pretty much making action games now. HBS is pretty much dead. it’s a mess

Wouldn’t mind Larian making the next KOTOR game

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I’m talking real CRPGS, KoTOR Remake wasn’t going to be something in the vain of BG/Wasteland/Torment/PoE

Obsidion, Inxile, and even BioWare are pretty much making action games now. HBS is pretty much dead. it’s a mess

Wouldn’t mind Larian making the next KOTOR game
it will be funny if these studios pivot back to CRPG's. I just don't trust these big companies to not fukk it up

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Larian should take over "Mass Effect".

Before people come in here talking about "but it's an action/RPG, not turn based!"....I honestly don't give a fukk at this point. The gameplay got progressively smoother since 1, and honestly "Andromeda" plays better than 1-3....but nobody cares. If everything else is dog shyt in an RPG no one cares about how well it plays.

Fred.