Studios consider Baldur’s Gate 3 anomaly : “It’s Rockstar-level nonsense for scope” Update: Confirmed Blassic

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
espnH5zk

The developers knew that, first and foremost, the most crucial aspect of Dungeons & Dragons is encouraging and rewarding choice by trying to account for as many outcomes as possible, no matter how unlikely, every step of the way through the story. The result of honoring that ideal is the best game of 2023.

The game is just brilliant. Larian Studios has set a new benchmark for what developers can accomplish in a single-player RPG, and I won't be surprised if we see more studios attempt to emulate Baldur's Gate 3's success when it comes to designing choice-driven narratives. And whether anyone--perhaps even including Larian itself--can live up to that benchmark it has established is hardly a given.

Styles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The H
Got burned out after beating act 2, but starting to feel like its time to pick it back up

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
I cannot wait to see what these guys do next, they obviously have the template in this but with DOS3 they won’t be held back by the DND rules and lore so can really push things hard.
if they keep that DOS2 armor system, I might have to go see Swen for some squabbles :francis: Let him see how inefficient 'physical armor' is if a nikka hit you hard enough

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Armor systems forced you to just overload on one type of damage and brute-force your way through everything
diversifying your party with some magic and some physical seems like a great idea on playthrough 1. Maybe even helps on 2.

Around 4? You start realizing the answer is just to OD on physical damage, and even the people with massive armor do. not. matter.
get their armor off. CC them onto the floor. Do not let them stand back up.
I dragged my ex through every combat of that game with her little barbarian 'i punch' ass, lol - the system was threadbare and mid, all told. I trust them to manage something different from DOS3, and with everything else they've learned from BG3 PLUS the presentation upgrades they made (which were massive)... their next game is required viewing for me and mine. I'm playing no matter what.

but if that armor system come back, I'mma have to see if Swen still got the suit of armor. he gon need it.