Studios consider Baldur’s Gate 3 anomaly : “It’s Rockstar-level nonsense for scope” Update: Confirmed Blassic

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Larian should take over "Mass Effect".

Before people come in here talking about "but it's an action/RPG, not turn based!"....I honestly don't give a fukk at this point. The gameplay got progressively smoother since 1, and honestly "Andromeda" plays better than 1-3....but nobody cares. If everything else is dog shyt in an RPG no one cares about how well it plays.

Fred.

Or give mass effect/dragon age to Larian :youngsabo:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
"All of a sudden"

:gucci:

Bugs rarely affect review scores. Tons of buggy games get great scores. Cyberpunk got great scores, Bethesda's existence has been them releasing great games that are also some of the most buggy games ever. To the point where it was a joke to consider them features in Bethesda games.

I don't even think people praised bg3 for being bug free, it got praised for packing a ton of high quality content with no microtransactions. It set a new bar for wrpg games, that's why it's a goty contender.
I’ve only experienced a couple of bugs in BG3, nothing game breaking. There was one where a character I needed to finish a quest died but I was able to finish it by speaking to the corpse with speak to the dead. Bethesda has had bugs that never get fixed through several game sequels. I’m pretty sure Skyrim has bugs that existed in Elder Scrolls 3. There are always bugs in games but I have encountered very few in BG3, and for a game that basically lets you do anything that’s pretty impressive

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I’ve only experienced a couple of bugs in BG3, nothing game breaking. There was one where a character I needed to finish a quest died but I was able to finish it by speaking to the corpse with speak to the dead. Bethesda has had bugs that never get fixed through several game sequels. I’m pretty sure Skyrim has bugs that existed in Elder Scrolls 3. There are always bugs in games but I have encountered very few in BG3, and for a game that basically lets you do anything that’s pretty impressive

I honestly encountered very few bugs in BG3. The most glaring thing is the performance slow down in act 3 due to the density of the lower city and i do think some quests weren’t completely finished or fleshed out.

But its not a game thats littered with actual immersion breaking bugs.

Edit—-

Oh, the biggest one for me is the sound bug where the music completely cuts out. That is another one that only really started happening by the end of the game for me

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I had a few cut scenes go crazy on me in BG3. reload fixed it though

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
folks will scream about these 'BG3 bugs' - I have 500+ hours in the game and the only gamebreaking things I've run into were because of mods I installed myself - but will handwave a certain game where quest NPCs can get raptured out of the ship and into the vacuum of space right in front of your eyes and there is nothing that can stop them from rising away to their lord and savior. Not reloading. Not hard quitting. Nothing. You better just hope you can talk to them before they go off to meet Jesus.

Larian would never:hubie:

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
People are just upset an indie game came out of nowhere and are about to steamroll the award season. Everyone had their favorites picked out at the top of the year
came out of nowhere to people who weren't watching the space - I knew what this was finna be two years ago :ohlawd: About to finish act 2 for the fourth time and still seeing stuff I haven't seen before

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
"All of a sudden"

:gucci:

Bugs rarely affect review scores. Tons of buggy games get great scores. Cyberpunk got great scores, Bethesda's existence has been them releasing great games that are also some of the most buggy games ever. To the point where it was a joke to consider them features in Bethesda games.

I don't even think people praised bg3 for being bug free, it got praised for packing a ton of high quality content with no microtransactions. It set a new bar for wrpg games, that's why it's a goty contender.
Not true, there is no game with dozen of bugs, and game breaking ones at that and performance issues that is sitting as highly rated as BG3. Legit the last game I can think of that has terrible bugs that was rated as highly is probably half life 2.

BG3 is like at a 96 on metacritic, with the bugs it has it's NO way it should be sitting that high up there especially in this day and age.

Having high quality content and game breaking bugs don't really go hand and hand.

Again I'm not saying it shouldn't be GOTY, I'm saying that picking and choosing when performance and bugs are worth affecting the score should be streamlined and not arbitrary and random

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Would love for them to do a sci fi crpg, if they have to use the star wars or star trek names for them to sale then so be it, but hopefully is not more medieval fantasy.

I agree I think they should put a futuristic sci-fi twist on the Divinity/BG3 style combat and add guns, gadgets, etc.