String Bell's Sheisty Thoughts

BlackJesus

Spread science, save with coupons
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Not trynna be funny or troll but time to sell drugs nicca:lupe:

You can still be a lawyer down the line and be like the lawyer version of Jamie St Patrick:whew:

shyt is tough and gonna get worse but people still need to get high:ld:

I hope you’re joking

The M.I.C.

The King In The West 👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte - Washington D.C.
Military heads, cant he get an officer position?

You could apply to be in JAG in the military I believe.

Yes he could and yes, there’s a need for JAG officers.

I’d recommend going into the National Guard or Air Force. I’m impartial to the Army but I don’t know if OP got the stones to make it through Benning and the JAG training in VA but the benefits are A1 being a JAG.

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Keep pushing dude. I think many of us felt them walls closing in. On the bright side, you got a degree. On the downside, that shyt doesn't seem like it means shyt to you lol and you act like it and other people can see it. Do what you really enjoy for a few years then come back to what you worked hard for. Or just scam as a personal injury attorney.

Hang in there lil bro.

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Scrap some dough together and pull one of these

White people are dumb enough to fall for it. Target the older ones under the guise of Medicare. Be creative

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
How old are you? Law school in America is 4 years right and you're taking the bar which is 1so my guess is early 20s.

You're effectively at the age where your dreams meet reality. Buckle down and keep it moving. Things aren't going to work out exactly as you planned so adapt.

Do you have family that you can live with whilst you clear off your debt and save for a down payment? You're going to have to show some humility until things get back on course.

You should try doing it firsthand before you cast judgement.

Unless he can find an investor, he's not going to have the funds. Practitioneer's textbooks are expensive (In the region of 1k a book), there is the cost of insurance, cost of access to legal databases, rent etc.)

The profession is designed to force people into firms. Even the smaller/local firms get swallowed up.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lawyer is probably not the job title you need to look for in this climate. Search for keywords such as: governance, risk, compliance or contract management. Government contracting could be a profitable option as well.

Even if you found something paying $120k - $150k, it’s not what you wanted but it will keep you functional. I know it’s cliche, but try not to be discouraged and find some news ways to flip your skills and degree. There is someone looking to hire you, but maybe not as a lawyer.