String Bell's Sheisty Thoughts

KyokushinKarateMan

Train hard, fight easy
Daps
Reppin
U.S.
pike-0.gif

You're such a blatant cringy tryhard-for-daps ass nikka :hhh: didnt you say you was done with TLR? Be gone c00n :hhh:

I Always Keep My Word...Done with TLR,post your questions here

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
unless you're a growing child you don't need more than one meal a day. Of course you should snack throughout the day for energy but yoy don't need a whole meal. I can workout twice a day on one meal and a smoothie so the average American that is sedentary doesn't need three meals. That's why Americans walking around with diabetes and heart disease.

Three meals is some b.s. rich Englishmen created and brought to America and corporations have made it a religion because it lines their pockets. .

If you read up on the history of 3 meals a day, it was because most Americans were laborers building houses, tending to land, herding animals, etc.

3 meals a day definitely isn't a scam, it what was back in the days when a majority of folks was working hard labor.

PewPew

I came from nothing
Daps
Reppin
Earth
OP im not sure if this was youR intention but that's actually a very popular intermittent fasting method called ONE MEAL A DAY. Meaning OMAD. And the health benefits are immense.

Im actually on OMAD myself and box for a hour a day, five days a week. And I run on the days i dont box. Im literally shredding weight with ease.

Here are a few of my favorite OMAD benefits. You can see the rest of the top ten list HERE

4. Fasting Promotes Autophagy
Fasting induces autophagy, a natural cleansing mechanism that replaces broken cell components with new ones and drains toxins from the body.

Accordingly, autophagy is one of the most significant health benefits of fasting.

Since the fasting detox promotes the prevention of cancer, diabetes, liver, or autoimmune diseases, the discovery of autophagy was awarded the Nobel Prize for Medicine in 2016 (Levine et al. 20172).

Moreover, it slows down the aging process.

Although there is no scientific consensus on this, most theories assume that autophagy does not start until you fast for more than 16 hours.

For this reason, OMAD Diet is a better tool for longevity than regular 16/8 intermittent fasting.

5. One Meal a Day Increases Basal Metabolic Rate
Scientists have proven that prolonged periods of fasting increase the basal metabolic rate a long time ago (Drenick et al. 19643).

Hence, that fasting slows down metabolism is a myth.

As already mentioned, the body elevates hormones such as adrenaline and the human growth hormone (HGH) during periods of fasting (Ho et al. 19884).

Therefore, your body accelerates metabolism to be able to search for food over a longer time. And this increases the ability to burn fat for energy.

Therefore, a person can go without food for a few days. But don’t be afraid of the OMAD diet for this reason since the world record in fasting is unbelievable 382 days (Stewart et al. 19735).

6. OMAD Diet Boosts Insulin Sensitivity
Due to the flawed definition of “healthy” and the resulting Western diet, insulin resistance is assuming almost pandemic proportions.

Since especially refined carbohydrates and sugars stimulate the production of the storage hormone insulin, astronomically high insulin levels are the result.

The body protects itself against this hormonal threat by reducing the insulin sensitivity of the cells.

However, insulin resistance means that the body needs to secrete even more insulin for triggering vital functions. As a result, the risk of chronic diseases dramatically rises, such as:

Records of fasting as an effective treatment for insulin resistance date back to 1969, but its effects have been known for more than 100 years (Jackson et al. 196911).

Furthermore, recent studies show that intermittent fasting can be a safe treatment for insulin resistance (Catenacci et al. 201612).