Daps
you really typed that and actually thought people would agree with you

:bryan:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
You don't think his Django performance was big enough? Or are we talking huge megamovie villain?

That is how asinine the threadstarter is.
In this thread is too discredit leo.
As the part of mr candy in django was that good.

Leo also brings out the broom stick and carries the fikm.
To rhe point...I believe the threadstarter believes leo is mr candy in shoot.

That is how offbrand the threadstsrter is about this.

It takes into account no idea of leo's resume. Then somehow tries to narcissistically use leo's performances on screen as mr candy. To incite some cult idea.
that leo is not the most gifted teen to adult tv to film actor of gen x.
Who actually fully caved in the door and set the bar. For what a kid actor had to immediately be.
in the first break out tv role to get to film as well. Leo is a standard bearer for tv actors. Whether adult male or female. Plus the standard genx bearer. for talent level plus impactful draw in a child tv actor to teen adult film blockbuster draw as well.

Art Barr

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
How is Aviator mid, performance wise? It's a stellar acting job. My issue with Leo is that as he's gotten older his voice hasn't really gotten deeper, so he plays these serious roles with this kid voice and it can be jarring. Also he has that Denzel Washington thing going on at times where it feels he's just playing himself. Same voice, same charisma, etc. Same thing with Tom Cruise. The roles they take just feel like they're playing themselves...often with a gun lol.
No surprise he won the Oscar where we didn’t hear his voice

If his name was Jason smith he wouldn’t even be getting this praise but Leonardo DiCaprio is a dope name

Daps
Tom Cruise resume speaks for itself.

You have no idea what you are even talking about.

If Tom
He’s not a bad actor.

But here is the thing…

Every time you see him in a movie, you’re aware that you’re looking at Leonardo DiCaprio. You’re never thinking “that’s Jordan Belfort”. Right? He’s rarely that character.

Whereas when you watch Daniel Day Lewis, that guy IS Bill Cutting. He IS Daniel Plainview, etc…

I don’t mean to compare them. I just want to highlight how great actors blend into their characters. I don’t know why Leo doesn’t. Perhaps he’s too big of a movie star or his acting isn’t at that level. But that’s how it is.

Isn’t Leo’s fault DDL isn’t much to talk about outside of his work so naturally you’d see him as the people’s he’s playing strictly

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Leo is good but chooses good roles and good movies. The man isn’t linked to any garbage. Even the greats have been in shyt.

He deserves the fanfare. And Tom Cruise is underrated as well.

Cereal_Bowl_Assassin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I didnt read this entire thread but why did you leave out wild of Wall Street?!?

Edit: yeah this thread is wild fam...the fact that you said he didn't outshine ddl is makes our argument even worse. Thats like saying pippien didnt play better than jordan...I mean ok, pippin is still great.

Matter of fact I really haven't seen anyone throw out any movies where he was trash and people universally agree.

Yeah..this is a wild take imo

Last edited:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
If Tom

Isn’t Leo’s fault DDL isn’t much to talk about outside of his work so naturally you’d see him as the people’s he’s playing strictly

Daniel day Lewis is snidely whiplash.
come to life in all his standout parts tho.

I see dude and i hear pianos and a girl tied to railroad tracks.
With mad smoke for a mountie riding down on'eem on a white horse.

Art Barr

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Ive long since come to the conclusion that most yall have absolutely no clue about acting, directing, writing,...performances in general. Regardless of what your opinions are.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Outside of dating girls a third of his age (which is approaching creep status now that he's nearly 50) and advocating for the environment, it's not like Leo DiCaprio is that interesting of a person.

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
He was great in Django Unchained, The Departed, The Wolf of Wall Street, Once Upon a Time In Hollywood, Catch Me If You Can & The Revenant.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
No surprise he won the Oscar where we didn’t hear his voice

If his name was Jason smith he wouldn’t even be getting this praise but Leonardo DiCaprio is a dope name

Oscars are all backpay legacy awards.
Awarded in general.
When the actor revisits a part.
Or covers new ground.
as the antithesis of their groundbrraking blockbuster drawing role in character.

So trying to slight him.
For the role he won the oscar for.
is an argument about backpay style awards in entertainment and film.

Not about the quality of the film.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
That I would agree with.

They are in some ideas critically shackled as vito and michael.
That is why.
Regardless whichever way they maneuver.

Their career will always be made up from those two facts.
Plus what that means in modern americana and the goat domestic film.

Art Barr