Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tom Hardy is the best actor

1st time I saw the revenant didn't even know it was him

Leo performance in Django was great

Christopher waltz can be argued as best as well

Tom is probably my fave actor. I’ll watch any movie he’s in. He’s played roles where I didn’t even know it was him until the credits.

Don Cheadle is another

LiveFromLondon

Superstar
Daps
As one of the greatest actors of his generation.
Not really been a generation blessed with great actors
If you didn't become a fan after his performance in Wolf of Wall Street then I don't know what to say. You might be a hater or just hard to please. :manny:
He played an extension of himself in that movie, not much of a performance when you realise this.

QU Hectic

Superstar
Daps
No he's not. He worked his way through crafting his roles. Now if you want to compare him to a B. Pitt or a C. Bale, I will understand your argument.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
To be fair, Daniel Day Lewis is nuking anyone on the same screen as him. Besides the Butcher character was always going to stand out above all the other characters in that film. I'm not a big movie guy, but I thought Dicaprio was great in The Revenant and Shutter Island. I need to watch Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. Haven't gotten around to it yet.

do not even support tarantino.
trying to finally unearth his misappropriation styled coup of black America.

fukk that movie.

art barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I'm not saying he's a good actor, rather he's the epitome of same guy different script.

all we want is berg breh.
from a guy a girl and a pizza place on the big screen and Reynolds is Gucci.

best white guy charismatic personality character ever on tv = berg

art barr

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
He is never bad, but he has never blown me away in any role. Dude is John Stockon, fundamentally sound and workmanlike. He is looked at as some generational talent but there are a bunch of movies he was in that he should have killed that were mid I can think of off the top of my head.

Aviator
Catch me if you can
Blood Diamond
Shutter Island
Gangs of New York(Daniel Day Lewis blew him off the screen)
:dame:

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
He’s not a bad actor.

But here is the thing…

Every time you see him in a movie, you’re aware that you’re looking at Leonardo DiCaprio. You’re never thinking “that’s Jordan Belfort”. Right? He’s rarely that character.

Whereas when you watch Daniel Day Lewis, that guy IS Bill Cutting. He IS Daniel Plainview, etc…

I don’t mean to compare them. I just want to highlight how great actors blend into their characters. I don’t know why Leo doesn’t. Perhaps he’s too big of a movie star or his acting isn’t at that level. But that’s how it is.

I think all big name actors struggle to be seen as there "character"

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think all big name actors struggle to be seen as there "character"
You could be right.

With Denzel, for example...he IS Malcolm X (I don't mean that as a joke about the ending) but sometimes it's hard to see him as the character in other movies.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
You could be right.

With Denzel, for example...he IS Malcolm X (I don't mean that as a joke about the ending) but sometimes it's hard to see him as the character in other movies.

That's because even tho he is giving good performances...he technically plays himself. Voice, mannerisms...walk.....