String Bell's Sheisty Thoughts

TaxCollector13459

2018 Coli Rookie of the Year
Daps
He’s not a bad actor.

But here is the thing…

Every time you see him in a movie, you’re aware that you’re looking at Leonardo DiCaprio. You’re never thinking “that’s Jordan Belfort”. Right? He’s rarely that character.

Whereas when you watch Daniel Day Lewis, that guy IS Bill Cutting. He IS Daniel Plainview, etc…

I don’t mean to compare them. I just want to highlight how great actors blend into their characters. I don’t know why Leo doesn’t. Perhaps he’s too big of a movie star or his acting isn’t at that level. But that’s how it is.

Leo's biggest holdback was Titanic.

There was no where for him to really go from there. 22 and the lead actor for the 2nd highest grossing movie of all time ( when it dropped it was number one)

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

There was no where for him to really go from there. 22 and the lead actor for the 2nd highest grossing movie of all time ( when it dropped it was number one)
Possibly.

However, both Al Pacino and Robert De Niro went on to make classic movies after Godfather 1 and 2.
It is possible to get out of the shadow of major successes at young ages.

I'll admit that early blockbuster success does have a way of staying with an actor though. For example, with big sequels or trilogies it can be hard to do anything after that. Any of the actors in the Star Wars movies comes to mind. Also the LOTR guys. It seems like Robert Pattinson is building a hell of a career after those Twilight movies though.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Possibly.

However, both Al Pacino and Robert De Niro went on to make classic movies after Godfather 1 and 2.

I'll admit that early blockbuster success does have a way of staying with an actor though. For example, with big sequels or trilogies it can be hard to do anything after that. Any of the actors in the Star Wars movies comes to mind. Also the LOTR guys. It seems like Robert Pattinson is building a hell of a career after those Twilight movies though.

I was working for MTV when Titanic came out, when Leo came through promoting that movie, the hype was insane, I had to to help keep the fans from spilling out into busy streets, that movie had solidified him as the #1 young actor which is saying something because I think Romeo and Juliet and Marvins Rooms were the movies that got him Titanic in as sense.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

prolific posting

this.

Plus, after that.
leo would need to play a definitive high drawing well known villain or a hero.
where leo generally does not fit the mold.
of any notary drawing hero or villain either.

this titanic prolific posting quote and should close the argument raised in the thread for this.

as obviously the threadstarter.
was not cognitive.
to watch leo carry growing pains.
where the baton passed from the mike seaver ages into adult. Right over the younger brother's head.
into the newcomer leo's hand.
instantly saving a dying once popular kid teen family tv show.
in the tv slot of doom.
might i add as well.
plus defeating the idea.
of tv child actors can not segueway.
to blockbuster and drama starring adult film actors.
in actual drawing movie films talk.
that used to exist before young leo crushed this building and myth tho.

art barr

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
OP is out of his damned mind. The Aviator was a goat performance, I have no clue how he didn't win for that. Same with What's Eating Gilbert Grape.

Those are 2 of the most incredible interpretations of mentally challenged characters. Gump wasn't even close IMO.

Last edited:

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
OP is out of his damned mind. The Aviator was a goat performance, I have no clue how he didn't win for that. Same with What's Eating Gilbert Grape.

Those are 2 of the most incredible interpretations of mentally challenged characters. Gump wasn't even close IMO.

Man ...he deserved an oscar for that crawl scene in TWOWS.

That scene probably landed him the role in The revenant

Sadbrownsfan

All Star
Daps
He’s solid. He’s not a full Charlie Sheen that’s been in great movies and had huge roles but is a shytty actor and genuinely not all that talented.

I get it though. I think of him as a guy that picks amazing films and roles and is a very charismatic actor over being just a straight super talented actor.

Higher Tech

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gary, Indiana
Leo is garbage. I've never seen nor sought out a movie of his as I find him to be a generic actor similar to the likes of Robert Downey Jr, Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise, Matt Damon, and many others of the same ilk.

I can never get into their movies.

None of them have truly classic films on their resumes.
Yall take shyt too far.

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
Possibly.

Al Pacino and Robert Deniro both became characters of themselves later in they careers.

Higher Tech

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gary, Indiana
prolific posting

this.

Plus, after that.
leo would need to play a definitive high drawing well known villain or a hero.
where leo generally does not fit the mold.
of any notary drawing hero or villain either.

this titanic prolific posting quote and should close the argument raised in the thread for this.

as obviously the threadstarter.
was not cognitive.
to watch leo carry growing pains.
where the baton passed from the mike seaver ages into adult. Right over the younger brother's head.
into the newcomer leo's hand.
instantly saving a dying once popular kid teen family tv show.
in the tv slot of doom.
might i add as well.
plus defeating the idea.
of tv child actors can not segueway.
to blockbuster and drama starring adult film actors.
in actual drawing movie films talk.
that used to exist before young leo crushed this building and myth tho.

art barr
You don't think his Django performance was big enough? Or are we talking huge megamovie villain?

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Possibly.

To calmly take into account and reply to what you said.
when did they ever make another godfather?
or another star wars?
As real talk those actors in those movies are shackled as well as leo.
From titanic.
Except leo actually picks better roles and moves in to definitive roles in better succession onresume than the others in general who were blockbuster definitive film drawing guys.

Only harrison ford before leo has escaped the stigma of the real definitive genre blockbister artistically.

As they were in the ideal.
once in a lifetime pieces of work.
that will only exist on a general and artistic plane of film making.
Leo made the largest drawing film ever frfr
with out marketing money from fake office film ticket giveaways too.
Duke is like casablaca in the modern times as far as what it is/was.
Leo literally plays a period film character.
directed by the guy.
who made sci fi sets on one of the worst movies of any genre ever tolerable.
That the backgrounds standout and are not equaled if given proper budgeting to.
Leading to and revolutonize'n the female action role.
in the beloved best creature feature ever in aliens.
So this whole thread is mired.
in little to no discovery at all whatsoever.

It is not generally possible to get out of the shadow of a blockbuster for any actor ever.
Mark hamil will always be luke and his effect.
Hits my generation to making corvettes and Prince songs fly off the shelves. Just because of corvette summer.

In america it is based on a movie.
In that italians were literally made socially unique and accepted. Where bobby will always be vito and michael is always pacino. In Actual draw and impact. Regardless of how many fans came later to cult like cape fear. or scarface.

Harrison ford gets to wear a fedors from rhe impact of those films.

Yet harrison ford in a fedora or as a fugitive.

Is always the loveable scoundrel han solo.

So that level of film making ain't happened domestically since then as far as revoltuonizing. Several genres and being a blockbuater with actual Cinematic merit.
Nor will we see it again.
It only happens once in a lifetime.
So for leo to not be acknowledged in this thread.
For making that level of blockbuster.
When he made the last real american domestic period film blockbuster
Plus even the boys life.
Is an omission

of what leo has done artisitcally and in actual drawing power.
Showing and lacks good faith.
in the overall discussion the thread starter brought up.

Art Barr

no actor should be talked about domestically frfr.
If we talking about artistic period piece content merit of a film. after leo if we being real.

Especially with pattinson tacked on the end.
Robert Pattinson should not be brought up as side bar.
I will take that in and get that gone in full as well.

As once again wb.
Will inevitably make another batman. After fukking the last two up.
as the issue they have with the actual character of batman on film.
Is batman and bruce are completely historically fictional white characters in content and character model. The character is a chore to play. As batman takes a backseat since vertigo style books ruined dc/WB.
in the total capitalistic sense in general idea. they alway fukk it up batman and bruce in casting.
the guy they always cast as the batman.
is the guy that should be the joker.
if you look at their face and their standout original blowout resume part on film. It is some bugged out serial killer maniac type.

Case in point.

Michael keaton = beetle juice.

Beetle juice = joker personality

Dude looks and feels nuffin like batman.
Let alone batman.

Val kilmer = wacked out parts early on that never scream hero always scream villain turn antihero.
Even maverick's military counterpart is in part the villain of the movie.
Even the social interaction in the top gun set allegedly in real life.
resembles hero villain dynamics.
*imo the best batman but does not look like batman. Although he still does capture batman the best in film.
Imo the best performance as bruce and bats together in a film adaptation.

George clooney = has to many miss character before blowing up and just is not batman.
In a thread about leo.

I find funny cause clooney was garbage before he grew facial hair most of his early career. Even on roseanne he was offbrand as fukk.
Plus he had and has to olay edgy villain antiheroes. As he just does not have the hero comicbook face.
that resembles bruce.
or batman at all whatsoever.

Last but not least.

Christian bale = fa Pete christ sakes.
He should have been tha joker.
As he oretty much auditioned for the joker as a break out role.

Ben affleck = over the hill pedo who harrasses high school kids
In dazed and confused and mall rats.
How any one green lit him as dare devil. When his pal matt is the blockbuster academy award winning real matt murdock come to life. How anyone went oh we will get ben to do it should never fukk'n work again. Along with the moron who hired ben affleck to be batman as well.

So how you brought uo pattinson. Who is going to fit into the same warner brother acme made pigeon hole cast role trap.
as every other bruce wayne cast before him.

So even in paying full attention to career detail. I do not underatsnd how you broufht pattinson up at all.
As Pattinson has put himself into the box of being bruce wayne trap.

That leo has nav past rather well.
As no one can even name his character on growing pains. Readily in general in this thread commonly to illustrate my overall point as well.
As to the flawed nature of this thread and the side bar as well. To not know and also omit drawing and artistic credible fact to the discussion.

To the threadstarter.

You sposed to be a lawyer too.

Shame.

Art Barr

To close on if you want to know who i tuink could be batman and it would work visually and artistically is.
The original perfect cast for batman was:
james caviezal
Now they would say he was too old.

Yet since wb does vertigo batman who is old. I do not see why that ooint is raised.

Now since they wanna do young to old bruce slash batman.
The only perfect cast for batman and bruce all time imo.
The perfect cast for caoe and the cowl.
Is the guy who plays beast in the xmen movies.
Lemme get his name.
I wanna say he ayed rhe guy who wrote winnie rhe pooh too.

That is how low key but a draw this guy is.

I think he would be perfect cause like bruce.
His real name has elusivity to me.

art barr