String Bell's Sheisty Thoughts

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Catch me If you Can he was amazing.
Departed he stole the show completely. (''YOU WANT HIM TO CHOP ME UP AND FEED ME TO THE POOR!?'')
Blood Diamond he was very ok, his accent was very ok. He nailed it. I got no issues. He lived up to the role.
Man in the Iron Mask and Titanic are his finest work.

Now OP should have listed these:

The Revenent or however it is spelt. Trash movie all around tbh, yall just must love bears eating people, i wasnt moved at all by anything. Still havent finished it.
Wolf of Wall Street. I dont get the hype. Nothing bad but nothing outstanding from his performance.
Gangs of New York. He was ok but not great at all and no where near, Cameron Diaz though got found out as wack, so mediocre that broad,just could NOT hang with the big boys, Day Lewis showed us all again what acting really is.

I dont know if overrated is the word. I think he lived up to his hype.

Aviator was cool, That J edgar movie was horrible though. The guy gets it done.
Handsome, box office draw, oscar worthy, little to no scnadals. The guy is a more solid guarantee of delivering a hit movie than any other actor out there right now.

Daps
He's definitely overrated.

The fame from the Titantic, being a "heartthrob", and coming up during a time when there was a passing of the torch in the industry led to that. That doesn't mean he's not a good actor, just not on the same level as all-time great actors who transcend film.

Bruce LeRoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
I agree with all of the movies you listed except Blood Diamond. I would also add the J Edgar movie

The problem with those other movies is he wasn't "mature" enough to do those roles and he still has that boy-ish look to him. Once Upon A Time in Hollywood is the first movie where he came across as a seasoned actor and not just some young guy putting on accent and squinching his eyes in every scene to project emotion to the audience.... He's a solid actor but way overrated outside of roles that are better suited to him.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Have you seen Magnolia? He should have gotten an Oscar for that role.
He was nominated for best supporting actor and lost.
I don't think he was that great. More than anything Paul Thomas Anderson is an amazing director/writer and the movie was good.

:manny:

Menna

All Star
Daps
Title is alittle aggressive...You ever see inception??

Hes a good actor at times he has flashes of great but is not a great actor and when you do 15 moves there are going to be 2-3 where you are over ratted...Thats like sayin g if a NBA player has a stretch of 3-4 games where they off they over reated.

If the movie industry if you got 3 solid films you a good actor...anyone can fall off and anyone can bot perform well in a few movies but leo is good NOT great and over ratted in about 2-3 movies