String Bell's Sheisty Thoughts

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
To be fair, Daniel Day Lewis is nuking anyone on the same screen as him. Besides the Butcher character was always going to stand out above all the other characters in that film. I'm not a big movie guy, but I thought Dicaprio was great in The Revenant and Shutter Island. I need to watch Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. Haven't gotten around to it yet.
He was great in that too

I cant stand tarantino because i think hes overtly racist but Leo and Brad killed their roles in that movie

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
OP has some of the worst takes I’ve ever seen on here. Purely a dikkhead and shock poster

Thread couldn’t be more wrong. Like we’re supposed to give a fukk Op thinks one of the greatest actors of all time is overrated

That’s your opinion and no one gives a fukk. Now fukk off :hhh:

:gucci:

• Dap
Reactions: 19-

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He’s not a bad actor.

But here is the thing…

Every time you see him in a movie, you’re aware that you’re looking at Leonardo DiCaprio. You’re never thinking “that’s Jordan Belfort”. Right? He’s rarely that character.

Whereas when you watch Daniel Day Lewis, that guy IS Bill Cutting. He IS Daniel Plainview, etc…

I don’t mean to compare them. I just want to highlight how great actors blend into their characters. I don’t know why Leo doesn’t. Perhaps he’s too big of a movie star or his acting isn’t at that level. But that’s how it is.
That’s what I wanted to say. I don’t know why that is, but his last movie that I watched; Revenant, I had the same feeling. I could buy Tom Hardy’s character but I could never buy Leo’s character. Just couldn’t suspend the belief that he was in the 18th century or whatever. All I could see was Leonardo Di Caprio acting and wearing fancy costumes.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Leonardo is rated right where he should be. As one of the greatest actors of his generation. Just one example you couldn't even visualize Django without him as the villian.

The fact that you have to use Daniels Day Lewis one of the top 5 best actors of all time as a measuring stick says alot.
I would say greatest movie stars. Not greatest actors.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Too scared to post this in The Film Room
full
shyt takes are safer in the idiot room :wow: