String Bell's Sheisty Thoughts

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
He’s not a bad actor.

But here is the thing…

Every time you see him in a movie, you’re aware that you’re looking at Leonardo DiCaprio. You’re never thinking “that’s Jordan Belfort”. Right? He’s rarely that character.

Whereas when you watch Daniel Day Lewis, that guy IS Bill Cutting. He IS Daniel Plainview, etc…

I don’t mean to compare them. I just want to highlight how great actors blend into their characters. I don’t know why Leo doesn’t. Perhaps he’s too big of a movie star or his acting isn’t at that level. But that’s how it is.

This has always been a strange take to me. I usually see this for a select amount of actors and they all have a distinction from the rest, their celebrity, namesake and face are beyond the scope of most actors.

So it is hard to distance your image of them, despite their skills, in any movie, they are larger than the screen.

Really this only applies 100% to Ryan Reynolds.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This has always been a strange take to me. I usually see this for a select amount of actors and they all have a distinction from the rest, their celebrity, namesake and face are beyond the scope of most actors.

So it is hard to distance your image of them, despite their skills, in any movie, they are larger than the screen.

Really this only applies 100% to Ryan Reynolds.
LOL Ryan Reynolds is not a good actor. But Deadpool is 100% the perfect role for him.

Daps
Tom Hardy is the best actor

1st time I saw the revenant didn't even know it was him

Leo performance in Django was great

Christopher waltz can be argued as best as well

Higher Tech

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gary, Indiana
He is never bad, but he has never blown me away in any role. Dude is John Stockon, fundamentally sound and workmanlike. He is looked at as some generational talent but there are a bunch of movies he was in that he should have killed that were mid I can think of off the top of my head.

Aviator
Catch me if you can
Blood Diamond
Shutter Island
Gangs of New York(Daniel Day Lewis blew him off the screen)
So who do you consider a good actor?

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
For some reason my favorite Di Caprio movie (I haven't seen all of them) might be The Revenant. Might be because he's not in a "typical" Di Caprio role with lots of dialogue and looking good or whatever. Somewhat of an anomaly in his filmography maybe. Not saying it's his best or his best acting but it's the one movie that sticks out to me.