String Bell's Sheisty Thoughts

jerzboy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Leo is great bruh... he doesn’t have ur typical masculine voice but he kills his roles... who do you consider great that is still relatively young???

Tom Hardy is one that comes to mind

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
How is Aviator mid, performance wise? It's a stellar acting job. My issue with Leo is that as he's gotten older his voice hasn't really gotten deeper, so he plays these serious roles with this kid voice and it can be jarring. Also he has that Denzel Washington thing going on at times where it feels he's just playing himself. Same voice, same charisma, etc. Same thing with Tom Cruise. The roles they take just feel like they're playing themselves...often with a gun lol.

jerzboy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How is Aviator mid, performance wise? It's a stellar acting job. My issue with Leo is that as he's gotten older his voice hasn't really gotten deeper, so he plays these serious roles with this kid voice and it can be jarring. Also he has that Denzel Washington thing going on at times where it feels he's just playing himself. Same voice, same charisma, etc. Same thing with Tom Cruise. The roles they take just feel like they're playing themselves...often with a gun lol.

said the same thing a few post up lol... the only thing folks can really complain about with Leo is his voice in my opinion, but he still makes it work. The Departed proved that, shyt even Django was done well to me.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
said the same thing a few post up lol... the only thing folks can really complain about with Leo is his voice in my opinion, but he still makes it work. The Departed proved that, shyt even Django was done well to me.
Agreed. Plus Django he was playing a different type of role than he's ever done and had an accent. I give him full props for that role.

He was a great child actor too. What's Eat Gilbert Grape was a great performance. And he went toe to toe with De Niro in another movie.