Straight Outta Compton is a classic movie

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
Finally saw this last week. I find myself rewatching that Dopeman performance over and over.

It's funny seeing the other labelheads disappointment while Turner is mesmerized by them, add to the fact of the actual performance and it's a damn near classic scene.

NERO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Commiefornia
The story of Eazy, his master Heller, Dre, Cube, Ren, Yella and Arabian Prince is the definition of the "American dream" and everything wrong with it. This is not a classic. This is an idealized depiction of the truth that made heroes out of men who should not be seen as heroes within our communities and in my opinion, helped destroy consciousness Rap culture and the inner city black family unit. I believe NWA and the groups that sprung up around that time were being used as the propaganda arm of the school to prison pipeline that was being installed in the black community that would finance the growth of the for-profit prison industry and fund various illegal wars and revolutions in distant lands. In short, Dre and Cube are brilliant entrepreneurs but I could wipe my ass with this film. How about we get a film that tells the fukking truth about what happened in the 80s and 90s. Before anyone calls me a c00n go take a hard look at the numbers and then think carefully. What happened? Who benefitted? Who profited? Who lost?

Wake.
the.
fukk.
up.

Film was well made from a technical standpoint and well casted. That's all I got to say on that.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
1479.jpg

Daps
Reppin
NYC
holy shyt this movie is horrible :mjlol:

it's like okay here's the moment dre wrote let me ride.

and hey here's the first time snoop met dre and recorded deep cover.

oh and here's the moment snoop walked in on dre making the beat for g thang. and hey while we're at it why don't they just bust into the song out of nowhere.

don't see how any of these things contribute to the larger story at hand. feels more like a checklist of them pandering to rap fans.

reminds me a lot of notorious where it plays just like a behind the music instead of a movie.

edit: now they got 2pac recording hail mary :wtf:

they really tryna to set up a cinematic universe:mindblown:

Last edited:

Easy-E

I đź’—My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
holy shyt this movie is horrible :mjlol:

it's like okay here's the moment dre wrote let me ride.

and hey here's the first time snoop met dre and recorded deep cover.

oh and here's the moment snoop walked in on dre making the beat for g thang. and hey while we're at it why don't they just bust into the song out of nowhere.

don't see how any of these things contribute to the larger story at hand. feels more like a checklist of them pandering to rap fans.

reminds me a lot of notorious where it plays just like a behind the music instead of a movie.

edit: now they got 2pac recording hail mary :wtf:

they really tryna to set up a cinematic universe:mindblown:
It was a great moment for Hip-Hop, but, I :mjlol: @ ppl saying this deserved a Oscar nod

It was a Disney movie with sex, violence, drugs and cussin'

Jason Mazel was illmatic, in it

2.5/5 decent flick