Straight Outta Compton is a classic movie

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
My parents got the bootleg...smh. But it was funny hearing my mom react to cube. She loves his movies and had no clue he was a rapper, I was telling her yall gotta learn about our shyt now, we always had to know about your artists.

Last edited:
Daps
Jay z didn't get beat up.

And Dre's portrayal in the movie is laughable.

The way he was talking to suge :dead:

I rolled my eyes when he told Pac to stay back in the studio while he confronted Suge and his goons. Gtfoh. That was my only real problem with the movie. Dre really made himself look like a killer. Talking back to cops, Suge and those rappers from NY. They really should've included the Dee Barnes incident as well as Eazy's recording of Real Compton City Gz.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Suge is low key a very funny dude. The shyt that he says with a straight face is fukking ridiculous.

In one of the last interviews before he went to jail, Suge said about Rick Ross, "I'll kick him dead square in his ass and then play with his titties. You owe that bread tittie man"
:russ:

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
that Felicia scene worked perfectly....

it was used to make younger viewers have a laugh

it was the perfect mix for the younger viewers,
its rarely done in movies,but when its done right,its a nice touch

ol boy in my theater predicted the line right before cube said it....as soon as he shoved her out the room...nikka shouted "bye felicia" and cube said it a second after...dope

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
straight-outta-compton-movie.jpg

Instant Classic? Definitely mainly becaue I feel it's introducing Classic Hip Hop to a New generation. But it's going to take years to determine if it holds up. It was better than "Notorious" but there was just as much fu*kkery with the storytelling and ducktales. I'm not going to nitpick cause honestly it's very hard to tell the full story in 2 hours but I did enjoy the movie. Brought me back to the my childhood when N.W.A. first came out and Black Parents were telling us Kids we weren't allowed to listen to them, lol. Thankfully I had older brothers. I thought the movie summed up the story very well. The Eazy hospital scene hit me hard cause it just transported me back to high school when I found out. I disagree with people about the 2nd half of the film. To me that's what made the film cause it emotionally connected you to the story more cause of the downfall. Don't get me wrong the 1st half was flawless but the 2nd half made you care more. Paul killed it as Jerry Heller who clearly was a greedy b*stard. The music was great and brought me back.

The acting was solid all around for a cast of relative unknowns. Cube son did well as did Dre but Eazy stole the movie. Now The Ducktales were obvious. Eazy E was not crying over no damn "Chronic" Billboard. He had a hugely platinum plus EP at the time and he just singed Bone. Dr. Dre was not hardcore like that in the studio. Tupac WAS NOT recording "Hail Mary" at the sametime as "California Love" are they kidding? That was some fan service sh!t they could of easily just had Pac recording songs from "All Eyez on Me". I felt like they just wanted to get him in the story real quick. Also Bone Thugs and Both "Real Mfin G" and "Dre Day" should of been in the movie. I felt Dre downplayed him and Eazy Beef when it was worst than they showed on film. Ice Cube did not write "Friday" by himself as it was co-written by DJ Pooh but I loved how it showed him screenwriting. But as I said before the movie came out, Cube and Dre were the survivors so they would tell the story in the same way Puffy, Faith and Voletta did. They didn't have to show Dre women episodes, it's not a documentary and it's not called "Straight Outta Dr. Dre" though the positioned him as the main character of the film. But none of that runied the movie for me cause F Gary Grey did a fantastic job and it brought you back to the Cali in the late 80's early 90's.

Don't get me started on the Box Office Success. This thing is going to make about 200 Million Worldwide which is amazing So much for Black cast not selling, lol. "Notorious" was released in January so it's numbers are understandable but it still did about 44 Million worldwide. "Notorious" was about 20 Million budget and "SOC" was about 30 Million. So they were both profitable overall plus so now we got 2 Hip Hop Bio Pics in the can. This movie was a summer released and showed what Hip Hop can really do at the box office. So the Hip Hop Cinematic Universe is in full effect. And Yes "Notorious" is apart of it. Let me tell you why. Tupac was in both "Notorious" and "SOC". Also in "Notorious" there was a scene where Puffy comes to the club, "Flava in Ya Ear" is playing, well in "SOC" Eazy comes to the club to see Cube and "Flava in Ya Ear" is playing as well, lol. The formula is now set. You must be Legendary in Hip Hop. Someone had to die and there must be a lot of controversry and success. Also "Notorious" and "SOC" was basically Black Made as the producers were Black and the directors were Black. "Notorious" even had Black writers as well. Here's how I see it playing out for the future:

Hip Hop Cinematic Universe:

Notorious - Biggie
Straight Outta Compton - N.W.A.
Tupac?
Run DMC?
Wu Tang?

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
The Dre bullshyt kinda almost fukked up the movie for me. I don't like how they did Eazy in the second half of the movie AT ALL. And Dre was just so much ducktales I couldn't even contain laughter. The Pac scene? Hail Mary? Really?..but overall the movie was dope. Extremely entertaining. But truth goes out the window after NWA. I just can't get over them fukkin up Eazy's storyline like that while he can't even defend himself cause he's dead.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
My parents got the bootleg...smh. But it was funny hearing my mom react to cube. She loves his movies and had no clue he was a rapper, I was telling her yall gotta learn about our shyt now, we always had to know about your artists.
They should go watch a documentary after the movie if they want anything factual after the NWA breakup. Cause the movie was straight ducktales after that.

Last edited:

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
I saw it three tmes I already, I fukking love it. its defitnitly the best hip hop movie ever put out

my favorite part of the movie is dr dre trying to figure out the beat to nothing but a G thang and then snoop pops up like "damn dre" and spits his verse....I know it most likely didn't go down like that but that entire sequence was super dope word to D.O.C

question for the Californians in here about dre gaining mike Tyson knockout powers, I saw a documentary where they said dre was locked up for breaking some dudes jaw. Whats the story behind that? did dre just took the fall or did he actually break dudes jaw?

cause if that's the case maybe they wanted to incorporate that into the movie, but instead was like lets just have him knock 2 dudes out :yeshrug:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
They should go watch a documentary after the movie if they want anything factual after the NWA breakup. Cause they movie was straight ducktales after that.

Yea they were reaching after the breakup (eazy getting emo over the dre billboard? As if he and NWA didn't have a #1 record / album at the time), and so on.

But, as a movie, it exceeded my expectations, props to them.