Straight Outta Compton is a classic movie

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i think the next hip-hop biopic should be about DMX [i know pac is slated for next but that seems like a long shot]

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Now is this better than Krush Groove?

Edit: Not as a biopic, but as a hip-hop movie

Homer Simpson

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
y’all nikkaz mad that the film showed dre whoopin some bloods and finding it not credible? would you have believed a former drug dealer who was "really real” unlike other rappers, would get beat up by a girl in an elevator until you saw it with ya own 2 eyes?:sas2:

you never know, dre might have been suplexing these cold blooded piru's and we never knew about it :russ:

Jay z didn't get beat up.

And Dre's portrayal in the movie is laughable.

The way he was talking to suge :dead:

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
Movie was alright. Prolly one of those movies that I will keep on or flip to when it hits HBO or Cinemax.
Couple of things I thought were funny...
Cube obviously made himself out to be the protagonist of the movie. Not sure how I feel about it, whatever.
B1tch a$$ Dre standing up to Suge and the riders towards the end, FOH gay a$$ Andre, ain't NOBODY that even remembers anything about the sh1t believes that. He worth a billi now, so he can play that revisionist history sh1t, but ain't no way he can watch that sh1t and feel good on the inside, knowing he was a mark.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Great fukken movie.

Only problem I had was ol'boy who played Suge. They needed someone else, he wasn't even remotely intimidating.
Suge has a presence that alot of people talk about. He doesn't even have to say anything, and people are still shook.
Suge is also intelligent,funny and charismatic. Hes one of the most interesting people in hip hop history.

He was a 1 note goon in this movie. His portryal sucked.

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
crosses $150 million at US boxoffice today brehs.

what was you expecting the amount to be when this film was announced and you saw the first trailer? i didnt think it would be $100 million. Especially after Notorious, that film opened big and then just fell out the bottom. I think it made about $30 million total. there just wasnt the historical precedent for a rap biopic to make dollars. 8 mile is a special case, given that it was a super cac and the cac was at the height of his popularity. So I was hoping for about $80 million in a best case scenario. $150 million and its still going brehs...:wow:

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Suge is also intelligent,funny and charismatic. Hes one of the most interesting people in hip hop history.

He was a 1 note goon in this movie. His portryal sucked.

Suge was my second favorite performance in the movie after Eazy. they may have intended for him to be a goon, but knowing the story, way i saw it, he looked out for DOC and Dre. onnly jerry heller sympathisers could be mad at Suge.