Straight Outta Compton is a classic movie

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

They need to leave those young kats along and ask the studio why Dee Barns was left out. Hell ask Dre himslef. But leave the actors out that mess.

Oh actually it did have something to do with NWA. Because Barns asked Dre about Cube and the shytbhe said on the other episode of pump it up and that is when Dre beat her up.

But Dre served his time, paid his fine and even did a anti domestic violence commercial. I am.old enough to remember all that shyt that happened. This does not excuse the incident and does not mean that you alcant question Dre on it. But to bring up shyt almost 25 years later is dishonest to say the least.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
They need to leave those young kats along and ask the studio why Dee Barns was left out. Hell ask Dre himslef. But leave the actors out that mess.

Oh actually it did have something to do with NWA. Because Barns asked Dre about Cube and the shytbhe said on the other episode of pump it up and that is when Dre beat her up.

But Dre served his time, paid his fine and even did a anti domestic violence commercial. I am.old enough to remember all that shyt that happened. This does not excuse the incident and does not mean that you alcant question Dre on it. But to bring up shyt almost 25 years later is dishonest to say the least.

I think it should have been included as well.

But if we're talking inclusions "Dre Day/ Real Compton G's" is more memorable and was the biggest omission from the film :manny:

So Cube son is right. To cover it fully would take a 5 hour film.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Who was the dude that was stripped down in the death row offices supposed to be ?
Mark Anthony Bell
As legend has it, on September 24, 1995, Suge Knight and Puff Daddy attended the same party at the Platinum House in Atlanta. A fight broke out and Death Row employee Jake Robles, who was allegedly a fellow Piru Bloods gang member along with Suge, was shot and killed. Witnesses apparently said they saw Puffy’s bodyguards fire the fatal shots, and since Robles was a close friend to Suge, Knight wanted revenge.

Soon after, an independent record promoter in New York named Mark Anthony Bell received a mysterious call asking for Puffy’s home address. Bell refused and three months later, Bell found himself at a Hollywood Christmas party at Chateau Le Blanc with Suge Knight. Suge invited Bell into a VIP room to talk, along with six goons. According to a police report, Knight began “grilling him for the home address of Combs and his mother,” and when Bell refused, Suge’s associates began to beat him. He tried to escape off the balcony, but they pulled him back in, and Bell later told authorities he was “beaten with champagne bottles, robbed and forced to drink a glass of urine.”

Bell later recanted his version of the story after settling out of court with Death Row. When asked about the incident, Suge simply told Newsweek, “I don’t piss in champagne glasses.”

Last edited:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Only thing I don't like is how dre was a tough guy

Duck tales

Even though I do not agree with the entire 2pac scene in general and that Dre stood up to Suge in that kind of way, Dre was KNOWN to get into it with people often and been in squabbles. He had anger issues back in the day. The whole Dre is "soft" is something Eazy E made up when him and Dre had their drama.

Black Samurai

Kill or Be Killed
Daps
Reppin
California

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Did anyone see that video where suge knight was joking inappropriately about eazy e's death? "now kids you don't ever want to go to jail, but here's the thing you just go to a hospital get blood from someone whose infected? And they'd just shoot you with it, you know the eazy e thing?"