Straight Outta Compton is a classic movie

Sonny Corinthos

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Port Charles, NY
2pac is even more international,yall seen the statues:banderas:..hate to say it but Afenis involvement worries me on a 2pac movie....Being that this nwa movie is the first bio pic where no moms had any kind of control,and it turned out classic...lets just keep it that way.

I think this nwa movie will be one a lot folks are going to see twice,I'm thinking about it myself if I can go early

Gonna see this again wedsneday can't wait:banderas:

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Great movie I had the same gripes with the movie but it didn't subtract from the film. :pachaha: the whole Pac scene was out of place because why was he recording Hail Mary in 94 and before he even made California Love :russ: also Dre acted as if Warren G didn't exist in his life his character really wasn't needed but the nikka did meet Snoop through him :francis: why have his character and not even mention your step brother, other than those things great movie.
Funny thing he already record cail love but suge give pac it and give his own spin on it. Dre felt some type of way

Even in the video they made for it they wasnt on good terms, pac was trashing him to ppl on the set with no fuks to give

This film is mixed with alot fictional shyt

jdashmaj

Sixers/Bulls Fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey in a new jersey
Funny thing he already record cail love but suge give pac it and give his own spin on it. Dre felt some type of way

Even in the video they made for it they wasnt on good terms, pac was trashing him to ppl on the set with no fuks to give

This film is mixed with alot fictional shyt
Yeah the whole Pac thing was out of place breh Pac didn't even like that nikka :mjlol: but outside some of the bs still a dope film

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Take a look at the Ruthless NWA poster in the background. He put himself (J. Heller) instead of Ice Cube!
:laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff:
This guy is still mad! LOL!

JerryHeller.png
:mjlol:

EffedUp

Pugs get lonely too...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cincinnati, OH
Just got done going through this thread after finally watching the movie. I do say that up through Cube leaving NWA, the movie was borderline greatness. After that moment, and with the time jumping (shyt out of order or simply left out), the film left more to be desired. Still a really good flick. I do wonder why there's like no mention of the female artists around that time (Michel'le and JJ Fad in particular both had hit records for Ruthless). I also agree with Ren on his portrayal. I know he didn't make it as big as the others but he could've got more shine (him stepping it up for nikkaz4Life or his solo records). Hell, I would've loved to see DOC laying down vocals.

Still a must see regardless of any nitpicking. The main actors did a great job. :salute:

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
How did yall feel about how they handled the Jerry Heller situation. Specifically with the money side of things and Eazy severing ties with him. I don't remember exactly how it played out for real but I felt it was all way too vague and underdeveloped.

Great movie otherwise.
From what I've heard in interviews from people like Layzie Bone is that Jerry look like he lost his life after Eazy Left him. He was hurt.

I think they covered it "well enough"

Hellar to this day says Eazy ran the company and he was more business savvy than people gave him credit for.

I do believe Hellar was so close to Eazy because Eazy really did feel like he learned a lot from Hellar and trusted him. However, on Hellars end, you would be a fool to think he wasn't trying to get every cent he could off of this kid. I do not believe Hellar was the reason Eazy went broke. The more money Eazy has, the more money Hellar could make so it doesn't work in his favor for Eazy to go broke.

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
Great movie I had the same gripes with the movie but it didn't subtract from the film. :pachaha: the whole Pac scene was out of place because why was he recording Hail Mary in 94 and before he even made California Love :russ: also Dre acted as if Warren G didn't exist in his life his character really wasn't needed but the nikka did meet Snoop through him :francis: why have his character and not even mention your step brother, other than those things great movie.

pac had a lot of music in the stash though. maybe it was recorded before california love?

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

NWA interview from back in the day as they were blowing up. man, Cube was always a smart motherfukker. the way he desribes their approach to music is something these political bloviators pushing back on their importance dont understand. they were "street reporters”,which is easy to dismiss until you see how cube explains it here. they inhabited different characters they saw, and portrayed the stories in a first person narrative. i guess cause their songs didnt have a history lesson and overtly signal POLITICS, people tryna say they were just nihilistic. but shyt, they was artists, and they prefered to inhabit and use characers without holding ya hand.