Straight Outta Compton is a classic movie

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
ok saw the movie today in the theatre. great movie. if you're a day one nwa fan, you want the movie to be longer. its hard to fit all that into 2 hours but they did a great job. this movie should have been like the temptations 4 hours. If you're a casual and don't care for nwa then the movie length is great. now on to the movie, You mean to tell me they weren't mad when no Vaseline dropped? They were bobbing their heads to it? Dr dre is this ultimate tough guy who can do no wrong? Yeah ok. So he just walked in Suge knight office, said im leaving and that's it? lol. Positives- everything else. I mean they did a great job casting. All these dudes played their parts to perfection. Cube should really be proud of his son. Dude about to get some major roles now. Eazy killed it. that's a hard role to pull off.

Daps
I was with you until the end. I'd say the film is getting all the proper recognition it deserves. I don't think they need a freakin' Oscar nom to validate all the hard work folks have done. That's silly. It's creating a reason to be mad or disappointed when there shouldn't be.

Oscar noms and wins have a direct correlation to $$$ they command going forward in their careers.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
oscars are the most overrated shyt ever. before i got hip to it i thought it was a big deal but really it isnt. very few films that win oscars are classics. its usually the middlebrow safe shyt that wins. i guess i’d be happy if the actors get some recognition but the film itself? nah, it dont need oscar aka cac validation.

Being nominated or winning an Oscar is the penultimate validation that you can achieve for your career. Once you have that stamp, you can pretty much do anything and manuever however you choose in Hollywood. Why do you think M. Night keeps getting funding for multi-million dollar projects? Now there are hella politics involved so a lot of actors don't be upset if they win or are nominated but still...they want that do-whatever stamp. There was a time when none of these indie-films weren't even on the radar; it was only studio pics being nominated. Oscar winners doing more indie films shifted that. But the actors themselves actually appreciate the SAGs more, since that is by their peers.

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was with you until the end. I'd say the film is getting all the proper recognition it deserves. I don't think they need a freakin' Oscar nom to validate all the hard work folks have done. That's silly. It's creating a reason to be mad or disappointed when there shouldn't be.

100% facts. its not just with this movie either. anytime some dope shyt comes out, 2 seconds later the media talkin bout oscars, like its the ultimate stamp and validation. man, fukk the oscars. that isnt the be all and end all of a movies importance . just make classic movies thats it.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Being nominated or winning an Oscar is the penultimate validation that you can achieve for your career. Once you have that stamp, you can pretty much do anything and manuever however you choose in Hollywood. Why do you think M. Night keeps getting funding for multi-million dollar projects? Now there are hella politics involved so a lot of actors don't be upset if they win or are nominated but still...they want that do-whatever stamp. There was a time when none of these indie-films weren't even on the radar; it was only studio pics being nominated. Oscar winners doing more indie films shifted that. But the actors themselves actually appreciate the SAGs more, since that is by their peers.

I think it would be bigger for F Gary than the actors,I would like to see him win....but Jennifer Hudson,Precious,Monique all won Oscars or were nominated,dont remember them exactly tearing up Hollywood:francis:....So I don't think its a guarantee when your black,you still gotta get in where you fit in,if you put on a great performance its likely you will be the new "it" black male or female of the moment until the next "it" black male or female of the moment comes along....all the actors in this movie have enough momentum now to pretty much do what they want in black Hollywood for a long time imo based on the recognition they are getting and popularity of this movie....and the guy who plays Cube,his father is ice Cube,dont thing he'll have trouble having a career in Hollywood:heh:

F Gary though?He deserve that:mjcry:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
man, Universal would be stupid not to cash in on this movie's momentum and go ahead with the Tupac and Snoop sequel; they just waiting to see if it can reach 200 mil. 170-180 in US and Canada is possible, plus maybe 20-25 overseas.

2pac is even more international,yall seen the statues:banderas:..hate to say it but Afenis involvement worries me on a 2pac movie....Being that this nwa movie is the first bio pic where no moms had any kind of control,and it turned out classic...lets just keep it that way.

I think this nwa movie will be one a lot folks are going to see twice,I'm thinking about it myself if I can go early

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Take a look at the Ruthless NWA poster in the background. He put himself (J. Heller) instead of Ice Cube!
:laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff:
This guy is still mad! LOL!

JerryHeller.png

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I think it would be bigger for F Gary than the actors,I would like to see him win....but Jennifer Hudson,Precious,Monique all won Oscars or were nominated,dont remember them exactly tearing up Hollywood:francis:....So I don't think its a guarantee when your black,you still gotta get in where you fit in,if you put on a great performance its likely you will be the new "it" black male or female of the moment until the next "it" black male or female of the moment comes along....all the actors in this movie have enough momentum now to pretty much do what they want in black Hollywood for a long time imo based on the recognition they are getting and popularity of this movie....and the guy who plays Cube,his father is ice Cube,dont thing he'll have trouble having a career in Hollywood:heh:

F Gary though?He deserve that:mjcry:

Jennifer Hudson could be A-list if she wanted to though. She's loved by the media and Hollywood. I think that her first love is music though,and until she goes full-Hollywood she hoover around the roles she does (Indie-indie and STV). Actually, I'd put in a bid for her to go Sci-fi, let her play Monica Rambeau

jdashmaj

Sixers/Bulls Fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey in a new jersey
ok saw the movie today in the theatre. great movie. if you're a day one nwa fan, you want the movie to be longer. its hard to fit all that into 2 hours but they did a great job. this movie should have been like the temptations 4 hours. If you're a casual and don't care for nwa then the movie length is great. now on to the movie, You mean to tell me they weren't mad when no Vaseline dropped? They were bobbing their heads to it? Dr dre is this ultimate tough guy who can do no wrong? Yeah ok. So he just walked in Suge knight office, said im leaving and that's it? lol. Positives- everything else. I mean they did a great job casting. All these dudes played their parts to perfection. Cube should really be proud of his son. Dude about to get some major roles now. Eazy killed it. that's a hard role to pull off.
Great movie I had the same gripes with the movie but it didn't subtract from the film. :pachaha: the whole Pac scene was out of place because why was he recording Hail Mary in 94 and before he even made California Love :russ: also Dre acted as if Warren G didn't exist in his life his character really wasn't needed but the nikka did meet Snoop through him :francis: why have his character and not even mention your step brother, other than those things great movie.