Straight Outta Compton is a classic movie

Rocket Scientist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
High IQ
How did yall feel about how they handled the Jerry Heller situation. Specifically with the money side of things and Eazy severing ties with him. I don't remember exactly how it played out for real but I felt it was all way too vague and underdeveloped.

Great movie otherwise.
"Sit down Jerry" :russ: Easy confronted him with the financial records which Tomica showed him.

Rosecrans

CPT
Supporter
Daps
:childplease: Dumb ass when they were in the club and he was freestyle over the "Weak at Knees" beat before Cube met Easy.When the club owner said "He didn't want any hardcore music,only r&b joints"

nikka go listen to the album that song is not a freestyle.

My bad,You know what part of the movie I'm talking about right?When Yella,Dre were spinning records in the club,I forgot the owners name,I don't feel like looking for the record but I know it sampled Steve Arrington from group "Slave" Weak at the Knees.

Bruh I'm trying to find it,gave up looking for it but that song was tight :banderas: I ain't gonna lie prior to the movie I wasn't that familiar with the catalog but since movie I heard some songs and this group was a problem back in the day.

That was "Gangsta Gangsta" with Cube and Eazy-E

Classic fukkin track

Black

GOAT
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ/FL
1zppe7r.jpg

Guy Incognito

Homer? Who is Homer?
Daps
Get off my jock homie,you still never answered my ?
Ol, i'm wrong, but I always got to have the last word nicca

What ?

so don't go run around here trying to put me on blast to prove your point for daps nicca
Proving a point for daps? lol you are pathetic

Once again, I said that you don't know shyt about NWA, which is a fact after you got hype over Cube's 'freestyle' when the lyrics are actually from Gangsta, Gangsta i.e. one of NWA's most popular tracks

You even admit that you don't know shyt.. so what you rambling about?
I ain't gonna lie prior to the movie I wasn't that familiar with the catalog .

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How did yall feel about how they handled the Jerry Heller situation. Specifically with the money side of things and Eazy severing ties with him. I don't remember exactly how it played out for real but I felt it was all way too vague and underdeveloped.

Great movie otherwise.

It was vague,kindve because it had to be I think....In Cubes situation,Cube in real life never took the contracts to anybody to see if they were really fukked up,they demanded he sign them right then and there and he refused....I would guess the fukked up thing is they tried to give them the fukked up contracts most new artist were getting....the only thing was NWA had already proven itself and had success,so at that point you should've had to pay them like stars and not some new unproven artist who hadn't done anything....but who knows maybe 70K is what stars got paid back then:manny:

Far as the Eazy E split maybe it was vague to avoid lawsuit?But it may have just been that Jerry was doing typical industry shyt that had been going on for years,and folks new to the business didn't know all the little tricks....Tricks where its not stealing only based on a technicality,but you are taking advantage:heh:

I figure it was more of that going on then Jerry outright stealing money from Eazy's accounts,and Eazy or Tamika in the movie smartened up.

I actually thought I was going to enjoy them making Jerry look like a piece of shyt,but I actually liked that they were subtle with that....even Cube admitted he stood up for the group many times against the authorities and establishment.....The movie had Eazy on the verge of being a uncle tom for Jerry:patrice:,but as the movie goes on you realize Eazy E is loyal to Heller because Heller did actually look out for HIM and made sure he was taken care of....so he did somewhat look at Heller as a friend/mentor possibly.

Giamatti dude killed his role too,that Eazy and Heller relationship was lowkey doper than I wanted it to be:mjcry:

Rocket Scientist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
High IQ
Ol, i'm wrong, but I always got to have the last word nicca

What ?

Proving a point for daps? lol you are pathetic

Once again, I said that you don't know shyt about NWA, which is a fact after you got hype over Cube's 'freestyle' when the lyrics are actually from Gangsta, Gangsta i.e. one of NWA's most popular tracks

You even admit that you don't know shyt.. so what you rambling about?
nicca it ain't that serious,I admit I didn't rock with NWA prior to the movie and I'm not gonna go out buying their CD's and being a spur of the moment jock riders like some cats.Keep ignoring the fact I mentioned Steve Arrington beat,it's ok you cats say what you want.I'm done with this

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
I HATE when people spin getting recognition as "caring what white people think"...do y'all carry this same nonsensical thinking into other professions? Should a journalist who busts his ass not give a fukk about Pulitzers? Should a chemist doing great things not give a shyt about Nobel Prizes?

I can accept this attitude when it comes to the Grammy's, cuz it's so cheap to make and promote music that the barrier to entry is so low. Hell, even white folk don't respect the Grammy's (see the Simpson's). Movies cost millions of dollars to make, being recognized for your work, on and off screen, goes a long way towards folks solidifying and furthering their careers. I don't know much about the behind the scenes folks, but many of these actors are just beginning their careers, you damn right I want to see them get properly recognized.

I was with you until the end. I'd say the film is getting all the proper recognition it deserves. I don't think they need a freakin' Oscar nom to validate all the hard work folks have done. That's silly. It's creating a reason to be mad or disappointed when there shouldn't be.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Weekend estimates have the movie finishing #1 again making $25-30 million :ohlawd:

Movie is going to have legs at the box office. They actually added 200 theatres. Will easily make 150 million domestic. Has a chance of dethroning walk the line as the highest grossing music biopic of all time :ooh:
I saw it twice last weekend and think it might be a little OD if I saw it a third time :guilty:

So I been pressing the hell outta my parents to go see it, I'm like "y'all know dr dre and cube, y'all remember NWA, go check it out" :youngsabo: