Straight Outta Compton is a classic movie

Olu Dara

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Supporter
Daps
We enjoyed it. Great acting, decent dialogue, and a new fresh perspective on a few under-discussed situations. I thought they could have done a better job on tying up some loose ends and exploring a few stories/characters, but overall, it was really good.

Two thumbs up.

Oh and Suge Knight is scary as fukk. I can't wait until someone write a real bio on him.
How was the dude that played Pac, and how long was Pac in the movie

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pac in the movie for 2 minutes. But the guy who played Pac was way better than Anthony Mackie. To be honest, that probably is the best version of Pac we've seen. Not sure if that's the guy you want to star in the 2PAC movie though. But he did well with what little time he was given.

RajWatts

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This movie was shaping up to be a classic, but they forced the Pac/Snoop/Suge Aftermath shyt when this movie could've strictly focused on the NWA story. Still a dope flick with great performances by all, but a lot of wasted potential storywise

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This movie was shaping up to be a classic, but they forced the Pac/Snoop/Suge Aftermath shyt when this movie could've strictly focused on the NWA story. Still a dope flick with great performances by all, but a lot of wasted potential storywise

Agreed. Didnt think the second half of the movie was structured as good as the first. Seemed like a bunch of scenes just jumping between years to speed the story up. Furthermore the timeline with some events seemed off...

As far as the Pac cameo. Pac making Hail Mary only for Dre to play him California Love :stopitslime:

Last edited:

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For those that watched it...did it mention Dr. Dre before NWA..you know...

dre-1.jpg

Yeah they showed him and Yella apart of the World Class Wreckin' Cru. Eazy clowned about the clothes and Dre said he wasn't feeling it nor were they his idea

Daps

While I agree they rushed through the Death Row era, I do think that should've been included in the movie...but you gotta show the Eazy E/Dre beef...gotta show "fukk Wit Dre Day"/"Real Muthafukkin G'z"

But it was already 2.5 hours long. It didn't drag for me at all, so another 30 minutes to properly show that era would have made this movie perfect for me...But y'all really think a studio gonna accept a 3 hour hip hop movie?

I don't know if F Gary Gray even covered the Death Row era more completely in the deleted scenes tho. One article I read (possibly in this thread, if not in another in this forum), Gray was talking about how he reluctantly had to cut out a bunch of scenes that went more in depth into the woman in E's, Cube's, and Dre's lives. Thank God he cut that shyt. The last thing this movie needed was a forced love story...this is one of, if not the only, long Hollywood movie that I can think of that doesn't have a forced love story. I appreciated that.

avon barksdale

i want my corners
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Prison
Oh and one of my favorite scenes is "No Vaseline" and the way Jerry Heller found a way to make it all about him and Jews. Gray's ability to show a CaC CaCing was a thing of beauty. :banderas:
And they gave a lil hint of jerry killing eazy at the end if you listen to the conversation at the end even tho he had a cough:sas2: