Straight Outta Compton is a classic movie

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
First of all this thread should be stickied on a hiphop forum. Secondly, this was a dope movie. One of the best if not the best hiphop biopic to date...F Gary Gray did a superb job with the story telling. Made the movie very human and universal to the story of man vs that powers that be. All the NWA characters did a good job. The guy that played Eazy probably did the best, but then again Eazy was always the wildest of the group.
Fam that played eazy e fukking slayed it
Cubes kid did a great job
Also yella fuxking stole every scene he was in

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Just saw the movie...I give a 7/10 (some of the scenes were not factual)...some notes:

----
I loved the opening scene with Eazy. Straight 80's Compton life. Swat teams, battering rams, drug deals gone bad. Crazy shyt.

When MC Ren was introduced they said he was Kelley Park Crip.

The scene with OG Two-Tone from Crenshaw Mafia was crazy. Some of that probably happened back then.

Seems like Lonzo only respected Eazy, treated Dre and Cube like they were kids.

DJ Yella was funny in every scene he was in.

Speaking of that, not enough MC Ren in the movie.

Eazy knew Suge? When they introduced Suge's character, Eazy mentioned Suge being in Vegas...

The part with Felicia's boyfriend was hilarious (Bye Felica).

The crying scene when Dre's brother died looked fake as hell. They should have re-did that part.

They only mentioned Above the Law and Bone Thugs a couple of times each.

They showed MC Ren dissing Cube on Real nikkaz (an underrated diss imo). But the no Vaseline part was funny. They had Ren looking mad as fukk.

I don't see how they could make this movie without showing Dre Day and Real Muthaphukkin' G'z. Didn't hear either song in the movie.

I like how they showed Ruthless goons beating down Ice Cube. I should have had Above the Law in that scene. They were the ones that had Cube running.

Jerry Heller mentioned in an interview earlier this year that Eazy told him that he was going to kill Suge. They had that scene in there.

I liked how they had Eazys Samoan bodyguards towards at the end of the movie.

They showed New York giving love to Eazy in the club. I always read and heard that New York loved Eazy (even though Tim Dog made the fukk Compton song).

The whole Tupac shyt was out of place. They fukked up the timeline. Tupac wasn't on DeathRow while Eazy was alive. They had him recording Hail Mary and California love. That didn't happen until 1996. Eazy died in 1995.

They was showing Dre as being some tough guy. Breaking up DeathRow fights and punching Suge's goons. From everything I read he was always in the corner being still, keeping quiet and staying out of shyt. I don't think he ever did anything to stop the beatdowns.

I don't like how they showed Eazy and Ruthless as broke...Ruthless was still relevant with Bone Thugs coming out and Eazy had just went triple platinum. MC Ren went Platinum and Above the Law went gold. On top of that he was still getting money from DeathRow.

They showed Tomica Wright as some good business woman...she wasn't (hence why Ruthless isn't around anymore). Ask any of the Bone Thugs members what they think about Tomica.

Eazy wasn't no crying type of dude. lol@him choking up at seeing billboards of Tha Chronic. He was making money off that record.

I liked the end of the movie, showing some interviews and music videos from NWA.

From an entertainment point of view, I liked it. But I'm 38...I remember reading interviews in all the rap magazines so I know some of this shyt just wasn't factual. If you don't know the actual history behind all of it, you are probably going to enjoy the film a lot more. I think this movie will do numbers since the general public don't know most of the facts.

Last edited:

10:31

Superstar
Daps
Ice Cube

Is the genre's true greatest MC (master of ceremony) all time

That's above

Rakim
Kane
LL
Krs

Pac
Snoop
Big
Nas
Jay

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hear you

He's easily the best. He's also the clear influence of PAC/Eminem type of MC who made it cool to not give a fukk and speak your mind.

not just that but he had a crazy run of quality, he dropped 3 classic albums back to back, Staight Outta Compton, Amerikkkaz Most Wanted and Death Certificate. Kill At Will EP as well. who else can we say did that? in that short amount of time, with all the hype and pressure on him to deliver as well? plus The Predator is a great album even if its not 5 mics. His quality in that short space i feel hasnt been matched.

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps
Just saw the movie...I give a 7/10 (some of the scenes were not factual)...some notes:

----
I loved the opening scene with Eazy. Straight 80's Compton life. Swat teams, battering rams, drug deals gone bad. Crazy shyt.

When MC Ren was introduced they said he was Kelley Park Crip.

The scene with OG Two-Tone from Crenshaw Mafia was crazy. Some of that probably happened back then.

Seems like Lonzo only respected Eazy, treated Dre and Cube like they were kids.

DJ Yella was funny in every scene he was in.

Speaking of that, not enough MC Ren in the movie.

Eazy knew Suge? When they introduced Suge's character, Eazy mentioned Suge being in Vegas...

The part with Felicia's boyfriend was hilarious (Bye Felica).

The crying scene when Dre's brother died looked fake as hell. They should have re-did that part.

They only mentioned Above the Law and Bone Thugs a couple of times each.

They showed MC Ren dissing Cube on Real nikkaz (an underrated diss imo). But the no Vaseline part was funny. They had Ren looking mad as fukk.

I don't see how they could make this movie without showing Dre Day and Real Muthaphukkin' G'z. Didn't hear either song in the movie.

I like how they showed Ruthless goons beating down Ice Cube. I should have had Above the Law in that scene. They were the ones that had Cube running.

Jerry Heller mentioned in an interview earlier this year that Eazy told him that he was going to kill Suge. They had that scene in there.

I liked how they had Eazys Samoan bodyguards towards at the end of the movie.

They showed New York giving love to Eazy in the club. I always read and heard that New York loved Eazy (even though Tim Dog made the fukk Compton song).

The whole Tupac shyt was out of place. They fukked up the timeline. Tupac wasn't on DeathRow while Eazy was alive. They had him recording Hail Mary and California love. That didn't happen until 1996. Eazy died in 1995.

They was showing Dre as being some tough guy. Breaking up DeathRow fights and punching Suge's goons. From everything I read he was always in the corner being still, keeping quiet and staying out of shyt. I don't think he ever did anything to stop the beatdowns.

I don't like how they showed Eazy and Ruthless as broke...Ruthless was still relevant with Bone Thugs coming out and Eazy had just went triple platinum. MC Ren went Platinum and Above the Law went gold. On top of that he was still getting money from DeathRow.

They showed Tomica Wright as some good business woman...she wasn't (hence why Ruthless isn't around anymore). Ask any of the Bone Thugs members what they think about Tomica.

Eazy wasn't no crying type of dude. lol@him choking up at seeing billboards of Tha Chronic. He was making money off that record.

I liked the end of the movie, showing some interviews and music videos from NWA.

From an entertainment point of view, I liked it. But I'm 38...I remember reading interviews in all the rap magazines so I know some of this shyt just wasn't factual. If you don't know the actual history behind all of it, you are probably going to enjoy the film a lot more. I think this movie will do numbers since the general public don't know most of the facts.
So do you recommend it? I'm kind of wit you on that. The only apprhension I have when I see movies about history I know is that it pisses me off a little when they fukk shyt up and it distracts me.

Piff Tannen

Superstar
Daps
'Straight Outta Compton': L.A. Police Increase Presence for Thursday Opening
Richter said the LAPD will increase its presence in and around theaters in the Southwest Division, which includes the Baldwin Hills, Crenshaw, Exposition Park and West Adams neighborhoods. He also noted that the Hollywood Division routinely dispatches undercover officers to the movies as a preventative measure :beli:. Like these muthafukkas don't over police the neighborhoods already; I guess going to rave on Crenshaw probably no go for me tonight, probably end going to midtown or long beach watch this after work 2 nite.

10:31

Superstar
Daps
not just that but he had a crazy run of quality, he dropped 3 classic albums back to back, Staight Outta Compton, Amerikkkaz Most Wanted and Death Certificate. Kill At Will EP as well. who else can we say did that? in that short amount of time, with all the hype and pressure on him to deliver as well? plus The Predator is a great album even if its not 5 mics. His quality in that short space i feel hasnt been matched.

He's got classic records and great albums

The album he dropped in 06 is crazy. It's obviously not seeing his first 3 but it's crazy

The impact he was able to make in the film industry from his start in Boyz in Da Hood and the Friday series was legendary

Cube is the GOAT

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
So do you recommend it? I'm kind of wit you on that. The only apprhension I have when I see movies about history I know is that it pisses me off a little when they fukk shyt up and it distracts me.
Well if you know the history of NWA, Eazy, Ruthless and DeathRow, some of it will piss you off a little.

That being said, it is an entertaining movie and I did like it. I do recommend. It just isn't factual in some parts of the movie.