Straight Outta Compton is a classic movie

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
By the time Eazy detected it it was already progressed into AIDS. When that happens its game over. Magic got it while it was still in the HIV stage.
my aunt died of aids back in like 93 i think it was
she just fukkin died
she was so far along into that shyt she looked like a zombie the last time we saw her smh

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finally saw it

First half was DOPE and well put together

The 2nd half just wasn't as well put together

solid movie though

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finally saw it

First half was DOPE and well put together

The 2nd half just wasn't as well put together

solid movie though

Daps
Why do people even care if this gets nominated for an Oscar? shyt is the wrong fight to be picking honestly. This is a great movie and it's good to see hip hop represented properly on the big screen but I give zero fukks about an Oscar. This aint the Malcolm X movie my nikkas. :snooze:

cause there are actually muthafukkas out there who still give a shyt about what white people think and feel:deadmanny:

I HATE when people spin getting recognition as "caring what white people think"...do y'all carry this same nonsensical thinking into other professions? Should a journalist who busts his ass not give a fukk about Pulitzers? Should a chemist doing great things not give a shyt about Nobel Prizes?

I can accept this attitude when it comes to the Grammy's, cuz it's so cheap to make and promote music that the barrier to entry is so low. Hell, even white folk don't respect the Grammy's (see the Simpson's). Movies cost millions of dollars to make, being recognized for your work, on and off screen, goes a long way towards folks solidifying and furthering their careers. I don't know much about the behind the scenes folks, but many of these actors are just beginning their careers, you damn right I want to see them get properly recognized.

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I HATE when people spin getting recognition as "caring what white people think"...do y'all carry this same nonsensical thinking into other professions? Should a journalist who busts his ass not give a fukk about Pulitzers? Should a chemist doing great things not give a shyt about Nobel Prizes?

I can accept this attitude when it comes to the Grammy's, cuz it's so cheap to make and promote music that the barrier to entry is so low. Hell, even white folk don't respect the Grammy's (see the Simpson's). Movies cost millions of dollars to make, being recognized for your work, on and off screen, goes a long way towards folks solidifying and furthering their careers. I don't know much about the behind the scenes folks, but many of these actors are just beginning their careers, you damn right I want to see them get properly recognized.

oscars are the most overrated shyt ever. before i got hip to it i thought it was a big deal but really it isnt. very few films that win oscars are classics. its usually the middlebrow safe shyt that wins. i guess i’d be happy if the actors get some recognition but the film itself? nah, it dont need oscar aka cac validation.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I had a great time during this shyt. One of my favorite films this year, even though it has problems.

The first 1:30-45 was damn near perfect. The formation of the group, the tour, the infighting and the diss tracks.....:lawd:

But the last act felt really stretched out. I don't think the film needed "cameos" from Snoop or Pac...especially when they couldn't show even a little love to No One Can Do It Better....and I felt they really drug out E's sickness.

Still, will definitely own at some point.
Cosign breh. I give it a 7.5 but rounded down to 7 on imdb.

Still my 2nd or 3rd fav this year

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: HHR

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
TMZ reports Snoop Dogg, 2Pac, Warren G, and Tha Dogg Pound are set to be the subjects of an upcoming movie. TDP member Daz Dillinger told the site a motion picture titled Dogg Pound 4 Life is currently in the works.

The film is said to include N.W.A. members Ice Cube and Dr. Dre, but the actors from Straight Outta Compton will not be reprising their roles. However, Dr. Dre’s son Curtis Young is already set to play his father. Cube and Dre are not attached to Dogg Pound 4 Life, but apparently Cube has approved the idea.

Tha Dogg Pound, Snoop Dogg, and 2Pac were all central figures in the rise of Dr. Dre and Suge Knight’s Death Row Records. Knight will be portrayed in Dogg Pound 4 Life, but he is not going to be part of the production of the movie.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Cosign breh. I give it a 7.5 but rounded down to 7 on imdb.

Still my 2nd or 3rd fav this year

I think IMDB got it right. 8.4 is about what it deserves. The first half is so strong that I sort of forgive the flaws in the 2nd half.

Daps
oscars are the most overrated shyt ever. before i got hip to it i thought it was a big deal but really it isnt. very few films that win oscars are classics. its usually the middlebrow safe shyt that wins. i guess i’d be happy if the actors get some recognition but the film itself? nah, it dont need oscar aka cac validation.

:snoop:

Vic Damone. Jr

Don't support the phonies, support the real
Daps
Reppin
Memphis TN
TMZ reports Snoop Dogg, 2Pac, Warren G, and Tha Dogg Pound are set to be the subjects of an upcoming movie. TDP member Daz Dillinger told the site a motion picture titled Dogg Pound 4 Life is currently in the works.

The film is said to include N.W.A. members Ice Cube and Dr. Dre, but the actors from Straight Outta Compton will not be reprising their roles. However, Dr. Dre’s son Curtis Young is already set to play his father. Cube and Dre are not attached to Dogg Pound 4 Life, but apparently Cube has approved the idea.

Tha Dogg Pound, Snoop Dogg, and 2Pac were all central figures in the rise of Dr. Dre and Suge Knight’s Death Row Records. Knight will be portrayed in Dogg Pound 4 Life, but he is not going to be part of the production of the movie.

:blessed::patrice: We shall see

Rosecrans

CPT
Supporter
Daps

#DazTales

daz-dillinger-750378720.jpg