Straight Outta Compton is a classic movie

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
:lupe: So brehs is it safe to say that Tyler Perry is finished with these quality black movies that have come out in the last year ("Dear White People","Top Five", "Dope", and now "Straight Outta Compton")?
Yeah I'm sure my grandmother would love dope and straight outta compton. :rudy: Let TP do his thing man and stop with the bulshyt

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Didn't know wallace was supposed to play dr dre

"The NWA biopic Straight Outta Compton has run into a serious snag, and Fantastic Four is to blame. Michael B. Jordan, who set haters aflame when he was cast as Johnny "The Human Torch" Storm, was being eyed to play a young Dr. Dre in the drama about the trailblazing rap group. However, Fantastic Four's shooting schedule has made him unavailable. Now producers are scrambling to find a cast to play teen-to-twenty-something versions of Dr. Dre, Ice Cube and the late Eazy-E.

THR reports Jordan was a casting choice favored by Dr. Dre himself. He and Ice Cube are serving as producers on Straight Outta Compton, along with Eazy-E's widow, Tomica Wright. All three of these producers clearly have a vested interest in how NWA is presented in the film, and part of their powers include casting approval. But with Jordan out, there's no clear runner-up."

NWA Biopic In Trouble After Michael B. Jordan Exits

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Didn't know wallace was supposed to play dr dre

"The NWA biopic Straight Outta Compton has run into a serious snag, and Fantastic Four is to blame. Michael B. Jordan, who set haters aflame when he was cast as Johnny "The Human Torch" Storm, was being eyed to play a young Dr. Dre in the drama about the trailblazing rap group. However, Fantastic Four's shooting schedule has made him unavailable. Now producers are scrambling to find a cast to play teen-to-twenty-something versions of Dr. Dre, Ice Cube and the late Eazy-E.

THR reports Jordan was a casting choice favored by Dr. Dre himself. He and Ice Cube are serving as producers on Straight Outta Compton, along with Eazy-E's widow, Tomica Wright. All three of these producers clearly have a vested interest in how NWA is presented in the film, and part of their powers include casting approval. But with Jordan out, there's no clear runner-up."

NWA Biopic In Trouble After Michael B. Jordan Exits
i'm kinda happy he didn't get it. sometimes in biopics benefit from having lower profile actors

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
you dont understand character development

Of course I do,I think you just dont understand who needs to be developed and how much,I cant understand why you needed more:pachaha:

You cant develop unimportant characters any more perfectly than they did in SOC.

You just wanted them to force a glass of water out of a stone,just because they decided to put the stone in the movie....Where as I acknowledge we got a nice sip where there shouldve been none,based on how much time the women were in the movie....and based on the fact they could've easily not have been in the movie at all....characters who are in movies for two scenes should not have any development but surprisingly they did in SOC....you missed the subtleties:banderas:,you dont have the vision:sas2:

I wanted to sap your post until you went super saiyan for Alexandra shipp, she literally ruined the scenes she was in with cube. I'm convinced I'd be a better actress than her. :upsetfavre:

Ruined? My girl hated on her too,I had to ask her like I'm asking you now....Could you possibly still be punishing her for that Aaliyah movie:comeon:

I know it be like that sometimes lol,where you dont like a actor based on how they fukked up a previous movie,or just the fact they were part of a horrible movie.

But she really was just there in SOC,like shes been in most of the movies shes been in....hasn't made a movie good yet,but hasn't ruined...Shes a space filler actor in this but she lights up the screen with that smile,and attitude where you can tell she's happy to be there:banderas:

And you come from an environment that breeds natural charisma,of course you could be better,thats cheat code:banderas:,....We talking about the average person though:whoa:...She's slightly above average on the acting scale based on what I've seen.

We gotta let that Aaliyah movie go yall:mjcry:,if her family was more with it,and willing to let folks give us the REAL Aaliyah,we could probably get a real biopic like SOC.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Wow, Michael B Jordan missin out on SOC for that piece of shyt F4 :mjcry:

He need to go ahead and do the right thing and sign up for that 2pac biopic,its his role if he want it I would assume:wow:

That Creed movie looks like another flop financially as well as with the critics:francis:

Time to go ahead and take that gamble,and ride with the goat.

fukk the role up and you'll never hear the end of it,but its a guaranteed box office hit.

If you succeed you get a whole new built in fanbase,show you can fill seats,plus ghetto pass nationwide for life:mjcry:

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
You know what i find crazy?

Magic Johnson got HIV around the same time as Eazy E.

Maybe even before him. He announced it in 1991.
Magic had it a couple years before Eazy. The thing is Eazy didn't have it for that long. Eazy tested negative for HIV 18 months prior to actually testing positive. So he had it for at most a year and a half. That's a short amount of time, plus consider that he didn't start getting really sick until the final 2 months of his life :patrice:

Exactly but Magic's money>>>>Eazy-E's money
A lot of people may not realize this, but money isn't a factor. Even if it was, E had money. He may not have had Magic Johnson money, but he had millions.

The truth is there are several government programs you can enroll into where if you test positive for HIV, they will give you medications for free.

Last edited:

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He need to go ahead and do the right thing and sign up for that 2pac biopic,its his role if he want it I would assume:wow:

That Creed movie looks like another flop financially as well as with the critics:francis:

Time to go ahead and take that gamble,and ride with the goat.

fukk the role up and you'll never hear the end of it,but its a guaranteed box office hit.

If you succeed you get a whole new built in fanbase,show you can fill seats,plus ghetto pass nationwide for life:mjcry:

Yep we need the next GOAT black actor:myman:

Denzel getting old now:mjcry: